• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

TheChaos

Compare that to Link to the Past where the ice rod, cape, and Can of Byrna were just hidden in the overworld for you to find and were completely optional.

Err...I thought the Ice Rod was required to beat the Turtle Rock boss.

ALBW dungeon spoilers....

Since there is the same amount of dungeons (3 + 7) as ALttP, are the dungeons in the same place as the old ones? I saw in the video that Turtle Rock was back, and now has lava.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Ice Rod is required.

About he dungeons:

Yes, they are all in the same spots, maybe save the final dungeon. Ice Palace and Turtle Rock switched places though, it appears.

Anteo

I thought my yesterday's rips were kinda bad (and I actually corrected some noise today!) but damn at that previous youtube link, the capture is horrible!

Anyway, I got an eargasm when arriving in Lorule so I accelerated the process.
I don't believe this music will be spoiler, as pretty much everyone know what to expect after reading the OT or playing ALttP.
Check this: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/52917364345221531/
And if Kurt is somewhere here, to continue the discussion about Hyrule Castle music in the reviews thread, yeah, there is a good version of it in the game!

OH. MY. GOD.

Danneee

This could be the Zelda game I've been longing for. I'm so sick and tired of the old formula of dungeon-new item-boss-repeat.

zroid

Banned
I thought my yesterday's rips were kinda bad (and I actually corrected some noise today!) but damn at that previous youtube link, the capture is horrible!

I don't believe this music will be spoiler, as pretty much everyone know what to expect after reading the OT or playing ALttP.
And if Kurt is somewhere here, to continue the discussion about Hyrule Castle music in the reviews thread, yeah, there is a good version of it in the game!

wish I hadn't clicked that

my body was not ready for the order of magnitude increase in hype which just overcame me

TheOGB

Banned

Oh my LAWD

This is probably one of my favorite Zelda tunes, and this arrangement is so good

Neiteio

Hehe, I saw this on twitter a few days ago:

BZDXZ_3CMAAEBV9.png
Ha, this is perfect. XD

Need MM3D badly. :-\

Mike M

Nick N
Err...I thought the Ice Rod was required to beat the Turtle Rock boss.

Ice Rod is required.

Oh yeeeeeeah, I forgot about that guy. Could Ether be used in a pinch, you think? I don't think there was any gating in the game that required you to use the ice rod to progress, but Misery Mire required Ether to access the dungeon. Seems like pretty poor game design to have a boss fight that you can get all the way to and get stuck at because you may have missed an item hidden outside of a dungeon where it was necessary to progress.

God damn.. that song. How am I ever going to decide between playing this or 3D World first... Every time I think I've decided on one or the other something like this pulls me back to the other game.

What I wouldn't give to be six year old playing alttp for the first time again. That was the first and only time I've ever had my mind blown by a video game. Alttp introduced me to the world of video games and it gave me the false hope that all games will be like it only even better. It's very disappointing to consider the fact that my gaming experience peaked at the very beginning. Albw looks amazing, I have two copies preorder but I know for a fact that it won't come close to alttp, but will any game ever?

Conor 419

Banned

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

pariah164

If this game does well, will we see the original LttP on the 3DS soon?

I would like this very much, as I don't have a Wii. I have an SNES and the original cart for LttP, but no controller and no way to hook up the system.

Salsa

still not sure if day 1 cause I have a ton of pokemon and ace attorney ahead of me still thanks to a new job :s

but man, cant waaaaait

I'm in this bitch. Can't wait for this. Love the tittle of the OT also. I'm so hyped for this game. 3DS continues to keep me away from the consoles.

Nintendo is a cruel master making you guys anticipate this so much.

Why did they chose to pack the 22nd with so much? They should let the leash off and let the stores start selling the game early. 3 games in one day and also facing the X1 launch. Crazy times!

linkboy

Alttp isn't just my favorite Zelda game, it's my favorite video game. This game is going to give me a nostalgia trip overload.

God, I can't wait to play it.

Holy shit....I need the OST.

Alttp isn't just my favorite Zelda game, it's my favorite video game. This game is going to give me a nostalgia trip overload.

God, I can't wait to play it.

Exact same for me! This is going to be amazing.

BY2K

Membero Americo
So if I'm not mistaken this is the first handheld Zelda with a full orchestral soundtrack.

Sorry Metal Gear Rising, your spot on my GOTY Awards just got stolen.

Conor 419

Banned

merrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Conor 419

Banned

GHEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD!

dcdobson

What I wouldn't give to be six year old playing alttp for the first time again. That was the first and only time I've ever had my mind blown by a video game. Alttp introduced me to the world of video games and it gave me the false hope that all games will be like it only even better. It's very disappointing to consider the fact that my gaming experience peaked at the very beginning. Albw looks amazing, I have two copies preorder but I know for a fact that it won't come close to alttp, but will any game ever?
Yeah, I beat the game when I was seven and still consider it to be my favorite game of all time. I can't imagine anything ever surpassing it, though I readily admit this is at least partly due to nostalgia.

krossj

Looking forward to this! Hope it plays as good as the other 2D gameplay zeldas.

Would be great to get a Majora's Mask release on the 3DS in the future also.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
The what? Skyward Sword had some awesome pieces like Ballad of the Goddess and Ghirahim's theme.

I just listened to Ghirahim's theme for about 6 minutes, and it is really generic. Literally nothing about that song sounds nice or distinct.
The Ballad of the Goddess sounds too much like a song that is played in reverse, so it just sounds weird.
I know its supposed to be a reverse of Zeldas Lullaby.
Their were some good songs in SS, like Skyview temple and Faron Woods. But most of them were either unmemorable or just sounded off.

epmode

So I pre-ordered this from Best Buy a few hours ago. I didn't know it at the time but it apparently includes a code for Oracle of Ages. Does anyone know if the code will be mailed now or when the game ships?

I paid via PayPal so it's not like they're waiting for my money.

ASIS

I just listened to Ghirahim's theme for about 6 minutes, and it is really generic. Literally nothing about that song sounds nice or distinct.
The Ballad of the Goddess sounds too much like a song that is played in reverse, so it just sounds weird.
I know its supposed to be a reverse of Zeldas Lullaby.
Their were some good songs in SS, like Skyview temple and Faron Woods. But most of them were either unmemorable or just sounded off.

I find it really odd how "memorable" is the main criteria of a song in Video Games. If a song is not catchy at a first glance then it can work against it? I just don't subscribe to that notion at all.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I find it really odd how "memorable" is the main criteria of a song in Video Games. If a song is not catchy at a first glance then it can work against it? I just don't subscribe to that notion at all.

I didn't say that the soundtrack in Skyward Sword was dull because I didn't like it on the first listen. I said I didn't like the soundtrack because many of the melodies are either generic, dull, or boring.
I'm going to stop talking about SS now. I don't want to derail the thread.

I'm getting that Zelda itch where I spend hours listening to soundtracks on Youtube in anticipation for the new game.

Yep! Been doing that myself. I'm also at the end of Skyward Sword again. Game is so god damn fantastic, shame that so many people seem to be so down on it.

Top Bottom