• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds |OT| All in all you're just another Link in the wall

Ostinatto

so sorry for the off-topic guys:
i dont wanna make a thread about it and i'm sure a lot of people here could help me.

i'm playing a Link to the past , i just found the first crystal, and i'm heading for the 2nd one, but i need to know how to swim to get into the swamp dungeon, this game is brutal when you don't know what to do, and its my first time playing a zelda game.

thanks. :)

Rich!

so sorry for the off-topic guys:
i dont wanna make a thread about it and i'm sure a lot of people here could help me.

i'm playing a Link to the past , i just found the first crystal, and i'm heading for the 2nd one, but i need to know how to swim to get into the swamp dungeon, this game is brutal when you don't know what to do, and its my first time playing a zelda game.

thanks. :)

Go to the Zora king (top right of the light world at the end of the river near the magic hut) and pay 500 rupees for the flippers

moral of the story? EXPLORE! yay

Sickbean

This game will nicely take the edge off having to delay my PS4 due to a dead combi boiler.
Looks so good, 3DS game of the year? Stiff competition.

D-e-f-

Banned
The shield is not assigned to a separate button. You just click the R-button and the shield goes up. Very practical!

What you just said: "It doesn't get dark at night. The sun just goes away and the strong absence of light makes it hard to see."

Link to the Past is my all-time favorite game but I still dont understand, is this LttP with upgrades or a different game?

Or you could, you know read the OP?

Rich!

you are a saint, i've being exploring the world for about 2 days with no luck. xD

thanks a lot.

No problem. Ive been playing ALTTP for twenty years now - I can play it with my eyes closed.

The way I beat it as a kid was to literally explore the world. Talk to everyone. See a path blocked by rocks? Have a look!

RagnarokX

you are a saint, i've being exploring the world for about 2 days with no luck. xD

thanks a lot.

Talk to NPCs. There is one in Kakariko Village that says this:

"Hi, Link. Sorry about my yard. It's a little over grown. Thanks for visiting. I'm glad to have company to talk to. I will tell you an interesting story. There is a lake swimming with Zoras at the source of the river, but it is hard to find. The treasure of Zora can turn people into fish. Heh heh heh. I'd love to see that."

i78fcGSyeGjFf.gif

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
gahhh waiting for this game is painful. I got a backlog, things to do, but I'm sitting here doing nothing because I want Zelda

aanf

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Given the Link Floyd theme of this thread, I found a t-shirt design that's amazingly appropriate.

darkside.jpg

bronk

Banned
Does anyone know the pre order bonuses for this game if there is any? Thanks. I'm so stoked for this game.

Jackano

So it IS assigned to a separate button, the R button?
Yeah when you get a shield it is for the R button and you can't change this; It's a good choice anyway. Same for the L button for another classic item (
Pegasus boots
).

I'm 3 dungeons in, and I think I can claim that the wall Link thing is the best Zelda gimmick in the franchise (or since the masks). Frak the item renting system (I actually play like the old Zelda games, just taking the item I need for the dungeon -so far, old habits dies hard!), wall Link with 3D and top-down view, everything goes really fine together.
Ironically, the 3D is really good with some neat ideas in the dungeons too. It's 3 years into 3DS life and one month after the 2DS but it's the first time I'm thinking a game can loose some fun when played in 2D. It probably is even confusing at some point will moving platforms etc...

Do we know who the composer is?
Idk but I checked the digital manual, and nothing. Will have to finish the game to see. Kondo will be there for sure, obviously...
Speaking of which, I've also uploaded some music, I don't know if I will continue to do that but if I will it will be on my pinterest account: http://www.pinterest.com/zeldanet/zelda-music/
Title theme and Overworld only atm.

Brew124

YMMV but my local WalMart has the 3DS bundle out already.

Actually came to say that I saw one in my local Walmart here in Ohio as well.. have it pre-ordered from Best Buy.. but thinking about canceling and just getting it now to have the game at midnight.

takriel

Just set foot in Lorule. My god is this game beautiful. Gameplay-wise and soundtrack-wise it is truly excellent. One of the most impressive Zelda OSTs ever. Even the story, although cut to the point, is good. I really like it. The cinematic cutscenes are good, too. Definitely one of the best Zelda games for me.

Not

Banned
Just set foot in Lorule. My god is this game beautiful. Gameplay-wise and soundtrack-wise it is truly excellent. One of the most impressive Zelda OSTs ever. Even the story, although cut to the point, is good. I really like it. The cinematic cutscenes are good, too. Definitely one of the best Zelda games for me.

Man, people should really wait to post impressions until after the street date. Y'all are killing me

ASIS

Asked in the review thread but no response.

19 hours 100% was that correct?

19 hours to 100% both normal AND hero mode

I'm not joking

OK I'm joking

I don't have the game but multiple sites have basically confirmed that, for one mode.

Ostinatto

Talk to NPCs. There is one in Kakariko Village that says this:

"Hi, Link. Sorry about my yard. It's a little over grown. Thanks for visiting. I'm glad to have company to talk to. I will tell you an interesting story. There is a lake swimming with Zoras at the source of the river, but it is hard to find. The treasure of Zora can turn people into fish. Heh heh heh. I'd love to see that."

i78fcGSyeGjFf.gif

ifCCj1HejFN24.gif

THANKS BUDDY !!

Mike M

Nick N
Are there subweapon-style items outside of the ones that you can rent? That's really the only disappointment that I feel brewing in this game is that the item selection appears to be pretty anemic with only two new additions. Compare that to Link to the Past where the ice rod, cape, and Can of Byrna were just hidden in the overworld for you to find and were completely optional.

I am SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR THIS

I got burned with overhyping Twilight Princess. With Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. With Skyward Sword.

This FINALLY seems like the first Zelda game in over a decade that is going to deliver on everything I want out of the series. Just as I was giving up on hope for the franchise, too!

Come to me, my precious

takriel

Man, people should really wait to post impressions until after the street date. Y'all are killing me

Yeah that probably wasn't very thoughtful of me. I'll try to retain myself in the future. I just needed to tell you how I feel right now about the game.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Why must I wait until Christmas for this?

Rnr1224

decided i will pick this up instead of SM3DW. may even go so far as to show up to the Xbone midnight launch and ask the guy at the register "Is everyone here just for the new zelda?"

19 hours to 100% both normal AND hero mode

I'm not joking

OK I'm joking

I don't have the game but multiple sites have basically confirmed that, for one mode.
Thanks for the info.

Its cool that 100% is more doable for folks but I think for 100% zelda title its a little short.

Yeah when you get a shield it is for the R button and you can't change this; It's a good choice anyway. Same for the L button for another classic item (
Pegasus boots
).
Sweet, button mapping in all portable Zeldas (save for the DS ones) had been horrible. Perfect uses for the shoulder buttons there.

Game keeps getting better hopefuly is as good as it sounds when the hype dies out.

ASIS

Thanks for the info.

Its cool that 100% is more doable for folks but I think for 100% zelda title its a little short.

2D Zeldas tend to be much shorter than their 3D counterparts. But that doesn't mean much for the overall experience. I wouldn't worry at all really.

That's like 7-8 more hours than ALTTP.
I don't get the sudden preoccupation with the game's lenght. Not only because (like it's been pointed out) 2D Zelda's tend to be shorter or better said less fill with padding but because this game is designed to be replyed many times.

People don't stop to think much about what they hear in the first place XD

Jackano

This is giving me chills. The LTTP dungeon theme is one of 10 gaming themes that always makes me pine hardcore for some games to play, This mix is just too much now.
I thought my yesterday's rips were kinda bad (and I actually corrected some noise today!) but damn at that previous youtube link, the capture is horrible!

Anyway, I got an eargasm when arriving in Lorule so I accelerated the process.
I don't believe this music will be spoiler, as pretty much everyone know what to expect after reading the OT or playing ALttP.
Check this: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/52917364345221531/
And if Kurt is somewhere here, to continue the discussion about Hyrule Castle music in the reviews thread, yeah, there is a good version of it in the game!

Lunar15

That Lorule Overworld is fantastic. I think it's a bit more subdued than how I viewed the original, which felt more bombastic. But that's in no way to the detriment of this version. It's still really excellent.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I thought my yesterday's rips were kinda bad (and I actually corrected some noise today!) but damn at that previous youtube link, the capture is horrible!

Anyway, I got an eargasm when arriving in Lorule so I accelerated the process.
I don't believe this music will be spoiler, as pretty much everyone know what to expect after reading the OT or playing ALttP.
Check this: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/52917364345221531/
And if Kurt is somewhere here, to continue the discussion about Hyrule Castle music in the reviews thread, yeah, there is a good version of it in the game!

I LOOOOOVE the guitar in the Lorule Overworld Theme!

6 days!

Top Bottom