• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zenless Zone Zero has reached 50 Millions Downloads

Draugoth

Gold Member
GRy1lnrbwAMeTlt

Zenless Zone Zero's Ridu City Entry Thank-You Gift | 50 Million Downloads WorldwideDear Proxies:Greetings! Since its release, Zenless Zone Zero has reached 50 million downloads globally. A city that once only existed in the hopes and dreams of the dev team has never been as buzzing with life as it is now.​

Your patience and support have made New Eridu what it is today.Of course, to live up to everyone's expectations and truly become a city of miracles, we are aware that there are still lots of improvements to be made. We encourage all Proxies to provide feedback and suggestions via our official channels.As a gesture of thanks for everyone's support, we have prepared a small thank-you gift!So, let us say it again — Welcome to New Eridu![City Entry Thank-You Gift]Polychrome ×1,600The thank-you gift will be issued via in-game mail within 24 hours.[Eligibility]Proxies who reach Inter-Knot Lv. 1 or above before the release of Version 1.1S​

ince the start of Zenless Zone Zero's closed beta tests, Proxies' feedback has always been at the forefront of the dev team's priorities. We will listen to and record the valuable advice provided by each and every Proxy, actively pushing forward the optimization and development of each aspect of the game.In future updates, we will continue to optimize aspects such as game performance. While preparing for the official release, we have also been hard at work developing the cloud gaming version of Zenless Zone Zero. In the near future, we hope that Proxies will be able to enjoy New Eridu in more kinds of environments.Providing a better gaming experience to all Proxies has always been the vision and goal of the dev team, and will continue to be a long-term focus. We will provide regular updates on optimizations and progress through upcoming dev updates. We will continue our endeavor to ensure each and every Proxy can make even more wonderful memories in New Eridu.[Proxy Feedback Channels]• In-Game FeedbackStep 1: Press the menu button in the upper-left corner of the City interface to access the menu screen (PC users can press the ESC button).Step 2: Press "More" > "Feedback" to enter the service center.Step 3: Press the "Issue​

Feedback" button in the "Self-Service" section to submit your feedback.※ You may upload images and videos as references to assist us in handling your feedback more efficiently.• Customer Service Contact DetailsCustomer Service Email: zzzcs_en@hoyoverse.com

Free-to-play gatcha "game", how is this a big deal?

You can make the most derivative waifu-bait game, put "Anime Girl N°67899" on the icon/cover, and obviously make it free-to-play, and it will get a bunch of downloads.

This is like congratulating a child for making a drawing of a sun, with the smiley face and everything. But switch "child" for a regular, neurotypical, adult.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
The 1600 polychrome reward converts to 10 gacha pulls in whichever banner you preffer.

Also totally agree with Comandr's post. I've put around 12h so far and it's been a great experience although I've been a bit unlucky with my pulls. 😅 Very polished game though (didn't expect less from HoYo), and the combat is tight and has very satisfying feeling when pulling combos, perfect assists (parry) and dodges.

Last edited:
The name alone makes me not want to download it. I don't even know why. I've been consuming Japanese and other Asian media for decades at this point and I'm certainly no stranger to nonsensical English in game titles, so this really shouldn't bother me as much as it does.

Can we tattoo this link on people's foreheads when the inevitable round of confusion happens on why devs are chasing the GaaS model?

Spyxos

Gold Member
The 1600 polychrome reward converts to 10 gacha pulls in whichever banner you preffer.

Also totally agree with Comandr's post. I've put around 12h so far and it's been a great experience although I've been a bit unlucky with my pulls. 😅 Very polished game though (didn't expect less from HoYo), and the combat is tight and has very satisfying feeling when pulling combos, perfect assists (parry) and dodges.
How do you get it?

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Free-to-play gatcha "game", how is this a big deal?

You can make the most derivative waifu-bait game, put "Anime Girl N°67899" on the icon/cover, and obviously make it free-to-play, and it will get a bunch of downloads.

This is like congratulating a child for making a drawing of a sun, with the smiley face and everything. But switch "child" for a regular, neurotypical, adult.

Do it than! If it’s that easy

It’s a great start for a new game meaning they got 50 million eyes on their game at launch if 1 million users stay that’s a pretty good accomplishment imho.

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I don’t care for anime games, and I definitely don’t like gacha games at all, but I am absolutely BLOWN AWAY at the amount of money that has obviously gone into this game. It’s like an alternate reality of video games or something.

The visual polish and animations alone show that the devs had probably an unlimited amount of money to throw into this game. I guess that’s what happens when you have Genshin Impact-levels of cash.

Plus it runs stupidly good on mobile, especially considering it’s a Unity game.

Frankly, I kind of despise how high the production value of this game is, since I desperately wish other devs that I love could get a fraction of a budget like this. It hurts my heart that gacha games are so insanely profitable, but I guess that’s what the masses want.

Top Bottom