• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Time Dilemma (Zero Escape 3) review thread

IamAwake

Ugh, the video doesn't address the one thing we don't know, if it goes above 1080p. How about video guy, if you're making a video showing off the settings and launcher you actually enable DSR and check it, it takes like 10 seconds.

The video was my first impressions. I do not normally have DSR mode enabled. Up to 4K resolution in full screen mode is supported...

IamAwake

Ah, thanks.

Sorry for being rude, didn't realize it was your video lol and was just venting frustrations.

No harm done. I should have though of that since I mentioned it in my Danganronpa PC version video when that was released. Will keep that option available from now on.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
The video was my first impressions. I do not normally have DSR mode enabled. Up to 4K resolution in full screen mode is supported...

Oh, since that's your video, if you don't mind my asking, how is the controller support? Since both the 3DS and Vita have touchscreens, I'd expect any touchscreen stuff to not port so well, and need the mouse to be used. VLR's puzzles requiring the touchscreen on Vita come to mind. If I plug my PC into my TV am I gonna need to be getting up to use the mouse every so often or is everything mapped to the controller?

daxy

Hoo boy. I was planning on getting the PC version but that is one trippy FOV.
Maybe I'll be better off playing this on Vita.

AwShucks

While I would have bought this at almost any general review score, it's nice seeing it get good reviews. Looking forward to next week

IamAwake

Oh, since that's your video, if you don't mind my asking, how is the controller support? Since both the 3DS and Vita have touchscreens, I'd expect any touchscreen stuff to not port so well, and need the mouse to be used. VLR's puzzles requiring the touchscreen on Vita come to mind. If I plug my PC into my TV am I gonna need to be getting up to use the mouse every so often or is everything mapped to the controller?

When interacting with an item, you can move it around in 3D space by using the right stick. In a puzzle where I had to use a touchscreen on the Vita version.; the PC version emulated a cursor with the left stick and the A button was held down to select the object to move.

Hope that helps.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
When interacting with item, you can move it around in 3D space by using the right stock. In a puzzle where I had to use a touchscreen on the Vita version. The PC version emulated a cursor with the left stick and the A button to hold down to select the object to move.

Hope that helps.

Sounds great, thanks.

Smellycat

I am still very relieved that the game is scoring well. I always have this fear about third games in trilogies, and I was afraid that it was going to be a rush job. (Turns out it was just low budget)

Fuck I ordered the limited edition and now it's going to cost like 40% more to get it in the UK -_-
Soz for off topic just venting my frustration -_-

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Well shit. Bye guys. Someone with the PC version of the game has been uploading their let's play of it to YouTube. Apparently he has permission, which would mean Spike Chunsoft not Aksys gave it since they're the publishers of the PC version. That's pretty awful of them to be honest.

Volcynika

Well shit. Bye guys. Someone with the PC version of the game has been uploading their let's play of it to YouTube. Apparently he has permission, which would mean Spike Chunsoft not Aksys gave it since they're the publishers of the PC version. That's pretty awful of them to be honest.

image.php

Nibel

Oh come on Aksys/Spike..

Letep

Wow, I ordered the limited edition July 8th, 2015. So not actually getting it though. Not enough stock to go around it seems?

takoyaki

WTF?! that's even worse than what happened with Dark Souls 3 and early streaming.

Great job Spike-Chunsoft :/

takoyaki

Where could I import it (I'm in Europe)? Possibly not to pay 100$....

amazon US or videogamesplus from Canada are the most reliable shops to import from.

Both offer normal and express shipping methods, amazon takes care of customs charges ahead of time, vgp sometimes ships via a European warehouse, meaning no customs charges at all.

I am still very relieved that the game is scoring well. I always have this fear about third games in trilogies, and I was afraid that it was going to be a rush job. (Turns out it was just low budget)

Everyone keeps saying this without even knowing if it's a low budget title. For all we know it might not even be low budget. In fact, for a visual novel it actually looks like it's got a pretty good budget behind it, possibly even more than VLR.

Eumi

I just realised I expected this game to be awful. Like, I love the series but man am I suprised at these scores.

A couple even mention that it's good for newcomers which could mean we get a great self contained plot again. God I hope that's the case.

I just realised I expected this game to be awful. Like, I love the series but man am I suprised at these scores.

A couple even mention that it's good for newcomers which could mean we get a great self contained plot again. God I hope that's the case.
Other reviewers have specifically stated that it hamfistedly tries to catch up newbies by throwing information at them and that it's foolish not the play the first two games.
It's not gonna be self contained and it never was. Just look at the cast.

Why would you expect this to be awful when the other two games are such brilliant masterpieces?

Snowballo

amazon US or videogamesplus from Canada are the most reliable shops to import from.

Both offer normal and express shipping methods, amazon takes care of customs charges ahead of time, vgp sometimes ships via a European warehouse, meaning no customs charges at all.

Thanks mate.
I forgot about Videogameplus. I 've bought from them in past.
Anyway, order disposed.

Amazon US: 58 euro (included shipment)
Videogameplus: 40 euro (included shipment)

Enough said.

redhood56

Banned
While the pc port not having keyboard prompts is a bit dissapointing it still seems like a decent port. Also it's officially time to go dark because of the lets play.

Fardeen

i just check out that lets play video, is this the pc version or 3ds version?? because the animation sucks sooo soo soo bad and lags so much with aliasing, it seriously is very distracting! really so distracting.... i wish it was just a visual novel. it makes telltales clunky animations looks 1 millions time better

i'm having so much doubts

i just check out that lets play video, is this the pc version or 3ds version?? because the animation sucks sooo soo soo bad and lags so much with aliasing, it seriously is very distracting! really so distracting.... i wish it was just a visual novel. it makes telltales clunky animations looks 1 millions time better

i'm having so much doubts

Quite surprisingly, apart from some questionable animations, this new, more cinematic approach has been getting quite a bit of praise.

Fardeen

Quite surprisingly, apart from some questionable animations, this new, more cinematic approach has been getting quite a bit of praise.

the opening sequence looked really bad in my opinion, it looked like a 3ds slideshow like 2fps as someone said. i hope the graphics are better than that but the atmosphere is awesome

the opening sequence looked really bad in my opinion, it looked like a 3ds slideshow like 2fps as someone said. i hope the graphics are better than that but the atmosphere is awesome
It's probably just the recording software, the PC version reportedly runs at 60FPS

kurahador

FYI, I live in Indonesia which is officially in Asia region (Region 3), but local game shops also imported Region 1 games (for US). And sometimes they came a few days earlier than US Release Date, so they just ship them to people who preordered ;)

Doesn't seem to arrive in Malaysia or Singapore retailers yet. :(

Any hope of seeing the previous playable on PC?

It seems kind of pointless to have a sequel that pretty much requires having played the previous chapters, but it's not available on PC in any form...

Durante

Great news!

(I don't know why they mention only "1080p resolution" in their "Launcher and settings" post -- that made me a bit concerned on that front)

RetroMG

Looks like the Let's Plays might be getting taken down. A buddy of mine was watching the Game Haven Let's Plays and says all the videos have been made private.

Top Bottom