• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Time Dilemma (Zero Escape 3) review thread

Requeim

The only time stopping me from buying the vita version right now, is that i'm a bit unsure of how well it's going to control on PSTV. I haven't played VLR yet either, but as far as i've heard that game is pretty manageable with a normal controller. Perhaps people who have played ZTD can imagine how it's going to play on PSTV, based on how much touch is needed?

Two Words

I hope the game being a good bit shorter is due to cutting back on the redundant dialogue. My biggest problems with 999 and VLR dealt with having to hear certai things overexplained. I don't mean the science/philosophy babble. I mean stuff like "If we do X, Y will happen" being explained over and over and over again in the same timeline.

LProtag

Man, I really really hope my Amazon order pulls through, because on one hand I want that limited edition watch, but on the other hand I'm so extremely excited for this game I need to play it right away.

The only time stopping me from buying the vita version right now, is that i'm a bit unsure of how well it's going to control on PSTV. I haven't played VLR yet either, but as far as i've heard that game is pretty manageable with a normal controller. Perhaps people who have played ZTD can imagine how it's going to play on PSTV, based on how much touch is needed?

I plated VLR on PSTV and it was super easy to control, I'm sure ZTD will be the same. :)

I need a recap on VLR. Is there a good YouTube channel you guys recommend?

I believe the OP has a link to a recap video for both 999 and VLR.

Ponn

Banned
Man, I really really hope my Amazon order pulls through, because on one hand I want that limited edition watch, but on the other hand I'm so extremely excited for this game I need to play it right away.

You're going to be worried till the last minute then. The majority of Amazon release day deliver orders don't ship till the day before release.

You're going to be worried till the last minute then. The majority of Amazon release day deliver orders don't ship till the day before release.
I tend to have mine shipped two days before the release date so if mine doesn't ship by the end of tomorrow (I've never had anything ship out on Saturday or Sunday) then I'll definitely begin to get worried too. I talked to an Amazon rep and they assured me that I will get my game on the 28th though so I'll try to trust him haha.

That's nice to know, thanks!

Hope it applies to PS3 controller as I don't have a PS4 one yet.
This does apply to PS3 controller! :)

No problem! :) Both videos linked provide great coverage of the stories.

Jamix012

I plated VLR on PSTV and it was super easy to control, I'm sure ZTD will be the same. :)

Um sorry to be a negative nancy but my experience was so far removed from this one. I played the game first on the Vita and that was great but the second time on the PS TV (with a friend) was it...exceedingly awkward and unwieldy for the puzzle rooms. I would call it basically unplayable with the PS3 controller and barely passable (C-) with the PS4 controller.

D-Man

very early aggregate scores

screenshot2016-06-23aujlk7.png

metacritic (Vita) (95)

screenshot2016-06-23amguzj.png

opencritic (91)

tumblr_inline_nah9vtMjud1ro2mkk.png

The hype is real

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Um sorry to be a negative nancy but my experience was so far removed from this one. I played the game first on the Vita and that was great but the second time on the PS TV (with a friend) was it...exceedingly awkward and unwieldy for the puzzle rooms. I would call it basically unplayable with the PS3 controller and barely passable (C-) with the PS4 controller.

Have to disagree with you here. I've been playing it again on PSTV and it controls identically to the Vita version 99% of the time. Navigating the escape rooms is barely any different at all, since the touch controls felt far worse than the analog sticks on Vita. The only difference is when you have to solve a puzzle, since those require touch controls, you have to click L3 once and use the cursor to solve it, but that works fine. Not sure what made the experience so bad for you, but it definitely didn't for me.

That's the thing, I want the watch but if that order gets delayed I have no problem cutting it loose and getting the digital version so I can play right away.

Salarians

If you've already got a PSTV, there is a VLR demo you can download. I imagine ZTD's controls will be about the same.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Too bad about the 3DS version, but I don't own a Vita nor have a great gaming PC so I'll have to settle for that...

Do we know the size yet?

mStudios

I made it to 4chan ;o
In PA a store is going to sell the game early.
My friend in NY heard they game is going to be sold before release date too.

xd

So I finally finished-ished ZTD. I say finished-ished because there are still questions and shit and it seems like there should be more unless that is just a set up for a fourth game if they decide to.....

:/

Buuuuuuuuut apart from that it was worth it all.

Anyone find out anything about the supposed rumor of them remaking the watches from the first 2 games that someone posted earlier?

takoyaki

Anyone find out anything about the supposed rumor of them remaking the watches from the first 2 games that someone posted earlier?

I think we haven't heard anything about that since the Aksys Momocon Panel a month ago, nothing official so far.

From a redditor who attended the panel (RPG Site also tweeted about the same things and everything else has turned out to be true).

-Steam release date is currently June 30. According to Aksys' testers the Steam version looks really good.

-The art book Japan is getting is currently being localized and will be sold on its own

-No new trailer. Didn't want to spoil any more story.

-The watch will be available for people who missed out on the early preorders, and it was hinted at that the first two watches may also be sold. Someone in the audience mentioned the crazy eBay prices for the watches and was told "don't spend any money on eBay for anything Zero Escape right now"

-Vita version is compatible with PlayStation TV.

Yasumi

Banned
So I finally finished-ished ZTD. I say finished-ished because there are still questions and shit and it seems like there should be more unless that is just a set up for a fourth game if they decide to.....

:/

Buuuuuuuuut apart from that it was worth it all.

From what I've heard, unless you've platinumed it, you haven't finished it yet.

JTripper

Aren't most Vita saves less than 2-3 MB?

I guess so, I just have very little memory on my 4gb for my PSTV and all it has on it is P4G digital with save data and Danganronpa save data. I can always just delete P4G and reinstall it later on if I really can't fit ZTD save data.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
I just hope the physical Vita version isn't stored on the cart like VLR.

Mariip

i know a lot of people have asked this already but i REALLY need to know how bad it runs on a 3ds... is it really game breaking or it's like VLR but with laggy cutscenes =/? I don't mind the graphics but if it's unplayable because of small hit boxes and textures i may have to wait untill I get a new pc ....=/

( i have a 3ds XL, and a friend that'll probably spoil everything in this game if i'm not finished with it in two weeks after launch so, yeah :| it's a matter of ruinining the experience because of console performance vs. ruining it because of spoilers )

Top Bottom