• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zoe Quinn #meToo / Alec Holowka suicide -- Update: Article questions ZQ's account of events (link in OP)

Nickolaidas

Note to employers: suspending a colleague while an investigation takes place is the right way to go, not cutting ties the second an accusation is made to appease a outrage mob.

But their public image is much more important than than the wittwe feewings of one tiny mentally unstable employee.

Clarissa

Banned
Wh
Well guess he’s happy that he got what came to him. Shit like this makes my blood boil and I’m embarrased I was a member there.
Absolutely disgusting people. Hope the good ones get more selfrespect and leave that site as soon as possible because that place is getting worse by the day.
What happened to that Phantom Thief guy? He's quite famous on resetera isn't it.

Hypereides

Gold Member
This is legitimately upsetting.

If anything this proves that the law needs a paragraph with serious ramifications of weaponized social media for malicious intent or purpose: such as, seek to destroy or indirectly severely impact a person's livelihood. This is starting to go too far.

On a sidenote, its truly angering how this industry has become infested with people like Quinn. But its not surprising. From my experience, this industry is occupied by a good portion of socially inept people who seem to lack basic social skills which makes them extremely prone to being manipulated or used. They make easy targets for mainpulators.

Last edited:
That's the shit you say when you're getting paid for not working for the past 2-3 years, No Killer Instinct new seasons...

Or make a Batman Arkham Knight PC port reach 30FPS @720p and call it job done

Really interested to see if Eurogamer will update its article.

No? Okay, then.
Looks like that cunt Phillips wrote a follow up. And closed the comments while he was at it.

Last edited:

MizzyLone

Or make a Batman Arkham Knight PC port reach 30FPS @720p and call it job done
Oh yeah, I remember Arkham Knight on PC didn't realize Iron Galaxy ported it. A Studio run by incompetent people with shitty opinions about a bad situation. No wonder they are best friends with Zoe. I think they were going to port it the best they can but by the time they saw Harley Quinn perfectly shaped ass they were like nope this must not make my pp hard and just ruined the whole game for the entire pc platform.

Dontero

Banned
I was talking about the call for Quinn to face consequences if her accusations were wrong, to which I just said that the issue is, with imprecise accusations such as the ones she leveled here (at least in terms of rape), it is basically impossible to prove her guilt (in terms of libel).

Imprecise ? She accused him of hard rape.
She said she closed her in house and raped her.

If she lied then yeah she should fucking face justice.
Because the only actual evidence we have at this point is that man took his own life after her claim.

Jon Neu

Banned
On a sidenote, its truly angering how this industry has become infested with people like Quinn. But its not surprising. From my experience, this industry is occupied by a good portion of socially inept people who seem to lack basic social skills which makes them extremely prone to being manipulated or used. They make easy targets for mainpulators.

Feminism can literally get you killed.

llien

The fact that she doesn’t went out of her way for a police report is already a big fat red flag.

There was nothing to report
even if everything that she said was true, the worst part was weird "put fingers into me and walk me around". That reference to literal rape is another incident, and alleged rapist is "forgiven".

If one human of "oppressed" sex goes to police and say "ya know, guys, I feel uncomfortable at GDC when that very very bad dude is there, can you send him to prison?"
Police is more than likely to say: "no, are you crazy or something?"

Could you cite the relevant part please, I have read it twice and don't see it. I'd appreciate not having to read it once more.

Fuz

Banned
A tale of a 2 faced game journalist

sPkJIZX.png

5L6nLEi.png
Link to this?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
People on this thread have talked about how what happened is limited to a very small circle of gaming forums, but it seems awareness of the issue is very much alive with the talk of toxic masculinity. In fact, just Twitter search her name for a good shitshow. Radical feminists, trans activists, and games journalists are all coming to the support of ZQ.

In some sort of a sick way, I think they actually deep down hope she was legitimately raped, because it would give them ammunition to stand on a soap box and preach how men are toxic, white men think they can do whatever they want and how they’re dangerous. How many of these people if you put them on truth serum actually care about Zoe Quinn? What they care about and what they are passionate about all centers around that agenda. “White straight males suck, and we need less of them and have society bend to our will.”

Last edited:

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Well I hope she's fucking proud of herself now.

Now she will never get proper justice because we will never know if he really was innocent or guilty. Good job you idiot.

Should've gone to the police and taken it through the court system. but oh no let's post about it on fucking Twitter.

Paracelsus

In a decent world, she would be requested any shred of evidence of this incident, a discussion, a log, a video, anything.
If she only had cronies as bogus witnesses, she would be charged with manslaughter and convicted.
Nothing will happen.

Dontero

Banned
Could you cite the relevant part please.

the worst part was weird "put fingers into me and walk me around".

That was after she said he shut her in home not allowing her run away.
That is definition of hard rape. And she said it only as an example of what she had to deal with.
She naturally implied by that she was raped also via "normal" means.

And i can't give you anything since she nuked her account on twitter.

She clearly accused him of hard rape.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I get your overall position, but in a single post you stated that presumption of innocence does not make much sense
Context is important. Presumption of innocence does not make sense as an answer to the question, see, my precise wording was:
Absolutely, my only point was: How would one go aboutproving that, with her detail free accusations? Presumption of innocence is not a viable answer to that.
But I guess it was just a misunderstanding then :).

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Imprecise ? She accused him of hard rape.

If she lied then yeah she should fucking face justice.
Because the only actual evidence we have at this point is that man took his own life after her claim.
When, what was the exact series of events for the rape itself and so on. She details the abusive relationship, but the rape itself is just mentioned.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
So I was never around gaf in the days before. The majority of resetera was here?
there was NeoGaf and then at the end of 2017 there was a sexual harassment allegation. mods left. people got themselves banned intentionally. the site went offline for a while. and a lot of mods/users left and created ResetEra.

now ResetEra is just full of SJWs and the scummiest scum that once frequented this site. while it is a discussion forum you have no free speech and you can't share you opinion or thoughts unless they are the correct ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

nkarafo

So i don't get it. Was he accused of being a literal rapist? Or just a lousy boyfriend? The consequences he faced would make you think he is a war criminal or something.

I mean, let's assume she tells the truth. Is it fair that he got his life ruined 10 years after said relationship ended, him apologized (according to what i can gather from various posts) and trying to be a better person ever since? I'm all for facing the consequences of your actions, getting punished, etc, but losing your job and having your name dragged in the mud over being a toxic boyfriend (whatever that means) 10 years ago is a tad too much. No wonder the guy killed himself.

I'll offer this for the young folk:

All this stems from not-quite-ready people trying to work out important and complex things with other not-ready people. You can't just point at Quinn or the accusers or point at the accused. The mostly likely cause of all of this aborted gaming metoo is that you have socially awkward and mentally unhealthy goo-people trying to romance other socially awkward and mentally unhealthy goo-people. None of the people involved in these accusations are ready for a healthy relationship. They simply do not know how and seek out like-fated persons which can be nothing else other than a recipe for doom. There is no fairy tale transformation here. Fucked up people dating fucked up people has fucked up endings.

If you feel so low that Zoe looks passable then you really have to work on yourself. If you don't know what your worth then you don't know yourself yet. The problem is that in the past these sort of things happened all the time and the worst that came out of it was some momentary neighborhood gossip. Yet you rebuild yourself, the other person (hopefully) rebuilds themselves and get to some point where they realize they were expecting smooth flights from novice pilots.

Now, if you are a social twit and get into the things that social twits do, then your life can be ruined by a tsunami wave of social media. So risk/reward does not favor the bold and unbrilliant.

Last edited:

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Exactly, I was shocked that I couldn't find anything regarding this subject. Fucking hypocrites assholes.
i found it but they've locked it now. sweeping it under the rug.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dontero

Banned
Absolutely, my only point was: How would one go aboutproving that, with her detail free accusations? Presumption of innocence is not a viable answer to that.

1. It was not detail free accusation.
2. Secondly no one cares about details, the accusation of rape itself without any detail is enough to start case. IT is not in job of victim to prove he was rapist or not, it is in job of accuser to convince court she/he was raped and litigation does not have merit.

Finally, i think fake rape claims is least of her problems.
At the moment when he took his life he apparently was clinically hospitalized for mental illness.

Which means regardless if her claims are true or not she at minimum could face manslaughter charges.
If she went the right way and court would sentence him and publish that, she would be entirely scoot free.

Last edited:

KiNeMz

Banned
there was NeoGaf and then at the end of 2017 there was a sexual harassment allegation. mods left. people got themselves banned intentionally. the site went offline for a while. and a lot of mods/users left and created ResetEra.

now ResetEra is just full of SJWs and the scummiest scum that once frequented this site. while it is a discussion forum you have no free speech and you can't share you opinion or thoughts unless they are the correct ones.

So was this place like that before the exodus? or were they just different times back then?

Yoda

Didn't know the guy, but RIP Alec.

Given the current state of the games industry, his career was over, regardless of whether the claim was true or not. With respect to the accusation, I hope this is pressed further. Alec's family has a case that any U.S. court would at least hear out; I believe he's Canadian based?... So I'm not sure what the legal precedent is there, but given this accusation obviously pushed him over the edge, the truth ought to be concrete with as little doubt as we can have about such a transgression that happened years ago.

Social justice and woke-ness have metastasized to the games industry, and I doubt this event will change that. If anyone who's reading this thread is still considering the industry who's coming of age, I'd steer clear and find a career which isn't infested w/hivemind idiots who'll reflexively ostracize their colleague(s) without a second thought... Do you really want to work in a place like that?

Last edited:

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
So was this place like that before the exodus? or were they just different times back then?
i don't think it was bad back then. sure some things might have came up but overall it was a solid community. once that happened then they just went their own way and we stayed here. i must admit i did join ResetEra back in 2017 but never went back to it because i just don't feel welcome there or that i can have a proper discussion. like i said they don't like you sharing the wrong opinions or thoughts. they are very ban happy. it's a special place for special people.

bigol

I can't comprehend how can you judge someone guilty without having effective proof and someone saying "trust women" like women are these pure beings never lying. Why such discrimination, i don't know. Women and men are humans, they will lie given the opportunity, to take advantage of a situation.

It also is disgusting how people that harassed him and literally wanted him to die without actually having confirmation he was guilty now act all sad. This is not the first time it happens on there, it's actually the second time in few months. I really think they need to trash that place. It is built on hate and everything built on hate will crash and burn sooner or later.

Last edited:

llien

That was after she said he shut her in home not allowing her run away.
That is definition of hard rape. And she said it only as an example of what she had to deal with.
She naturally implied by that she was raped also via "normal" means.

And i can't give you anything since she nuked her account on twitter.

She clearly accused him of hard rape.

He would not give her code so she could freely enter the apartment or give her money (why would an adult need to pay an adult is another discussion) so that she could fly somewhere.

All the notes she posted are saved in this post:

That he would throw stuff at himself is quite peculiar. This is how it went with Captain Jack Sparrow:

And Mr Beatles:

At the end of the day, both cases were about revenge and money.

Last edited:

SonGoku

Feel really bad for the dude and his ex is a scumbag for doing that, new wave feminists are mentally ill and male feminists even more so.
Argentina feminist movement always makes me cringe, its like a bad copy of NA's.

BTW Alecs sister Twitter is suspended?

Last edited:

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Feel really bad for the dude and his ex is a scumbag for doing that, new wave feminists are mentally ill and male feminists even more so.
Argentina feminist movement always makes me cringe, its like a bad copy of NA's.

BTW Alecs sister Twitter is suspended?
i think she closed it down herself.

ksdixon

so can we put disclaimer warnings on "sjw dev"-related posts the same way THQNordic posts get over-there?

it really sits ill with me that some penniless grifters hold so much sway/with like minded people in the industry and situations like this are allowed to happen via twitter/games media/reset era mob rule. i'd like to know which indy devs to avoid.

wtf is happening to my favorite past time?

Top Bottom