• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zone of the Enders HD Collection |OT|

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
iYeb7.png

Platforms:
PlayStation®3, Xbox 360™

Price:
Standard Edition - $39.99
Collector's Edition - $59.99

Release Dates:
JP - October 25, 2012
NA - October 30, 2012
EU - November 30, 2012

Origins
(by cj_iwakura)

Zone of the Enders
Zone of the Enders follows the endeavors of a boy named Leo Stenbuck, a colonist from the Jupiter colony Antilia under attack by BAHRAM. At the beginning of the game, he is captured and escapes when BAHRAM forces attack and his friends are killed by a falling LEV.

He flees to a hangar, where he finds an Orbital Frame by the name of 'Jehuty' (derived from the Egyptian God Djehuti). Using this suit and its built in AI A.D.A, he fends off BAHRAM, who seek to claim it on the orders of their enigmatic leader Nohman.[/i]

Characters

Leo Stenbuck
A young pilot unwittingly thrown into the fight of his life.

Celvice Klein
One of Leo's only companions.

Viola
A rival pilot, and a veteran runner who pilots the Neith orbital frame.

Zone of the Enders 2: The Second Runner

The game begins with Dingo Egret, the protagonist, working at a mining facility on Callisto. He inadvertently discovers the Orbital Frame, Jehuty, that was hidden there by Leo. When he is attacked by BAHRAM forces who have come to seize it, Dingo climbs into Jehuty and engages the attackers, which include a female Orbital Frame runner named Ken Marinaris.

During the battle, Dingo enters the BAHRAM battleship, seemingly defeating Nephtis, an Orbital Frame controlled by an A.I. program based on Viola's fighting style, but is subdued by Anubis, Jehuty's superior counterpart controlled by Col. Ridley (Nohman) Hardiman, leader of BAHRAM.

Characters

Dingo Egret
A miner who takes control over Jehuty after the events of the first game.

Ken Marinaris
Another runner who helps keep Dingo alive, but what is she really after?

Leo Stenbuck
Years after ZoE1, he's back with a VicViper(!) frame, and has become something of a badass.

Nohman
The pilot of the rival orbital frame, Anubis.

Frames

Jehuty
A prototype frame, controlled by a sentient A.I. named Ada.

Anubis
The counterpart to Jehuty.

VicViper
The frame piloted by Leo after losing Jehuty.

ZoE2: Opening, Beyond the Bounds

Videos:
New Opening Animation
Remastered ZoE2 Opening
60 FPS Battleship Fight (200MB Download)
PS3 v 360 Analysis

Collector's Edition:
  • Game
  • 100 page artbook
  • Soundtrack Selection
  • METAL GEAR RISING DEMO (also in standard editions)

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Threw this together real quick since no one else was going to. PM me with any suggestions of content I should add.

Also I ask that this place be strictly for talking and playing the actual games. We've had 2 threads for complaining about port quality already. Do we really need a 3rd?

Nice OT.

Any cute female characters like in MGS?

image.php

:3

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Nice OT but another one without a subtitle? Come on wits-GAF, step it up!

Something something banana cockpit.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Huh? I thought the game doesn't run on 60fps.

It's variable just like the original.

This is a video of a later section in the PS3 version where the game seems to run better than the original.(since all the analysis and impressions have been based on the opening section)

I don't know if it's exactly 60 FPS, but that's what the video was titled when it was shared with me. It's worth looking at if you're still making a decision

Nice OT but another one without a subtitle? Come on wits-GAF, step it up!

I originally had "Jehuty not quite 1080p" but I didn't want to invite more port quality discussion. atleast initially before people have played the games

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Can we start a Rising demo share list in this thread?

Make a new thread.

I actually planned on making a Rising Demo OT next lol.

If you beat me to it that's fine. Figure we can fill up a couple pages with people breaking it down and figuring the game out. Doesn't need to clutter up this one which is for ZoE

Jarmel

Banned
Make a new thread.

I actually planned on making a Rising Demo OT next lol.

If you beat me to it that's fine. Figure we can fill up a couple pages with people breaking it down and figuring the game out. Doesn't need to clutter up this one which is for ZoE

Nah, you can do it. Was just wondering.

Salaadin

Zone of the Enders HD Collection |OT| - Youll Egret not buying this!

I thought the OT was going to be canceled :O. can't wait for it. Though ups prob wont deliver it until wednesday :\.

Same here. Amazon lists it as a tomorrow delivery but Im not sure what UPS is going to be doing. We'll see.
Id love to have it tomorrow but if they got to delay due to the storm, its totally understandable.

I don't own any. Wouldn't mind though.

Lmao

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I think he means the video is transcoded in 60 FPS.

yeah this. he knows what I meant better than I do lol.

It's not limited by youtube caps so you can see a more accurate representation of how the game will perform on you TV screen.

It's the PS3 version as well btw

JohngPR

I switched to the 360 version.

I thought about keeping my PS3 preorder because I really want the MGS Rising demo on PS3 but I know every time I saw a frame drop I'd regret not getting the 360 version.

Maybe I can convince someone to share the PS3 demo with me. ;)

Tizoc

Hmm I'm holding off buying games til November, so hoepfully if the ports are actually good I'd be getting this+TF: FoC+Mickey 2+Sonic Transformed @3@

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Huh? I thought the game doesn't run on 60fps.
Clearly not. That video was encoded at 60 fps, it seems, but the game is not running at 60 during those scenes. It's just as slow as the rest of the footage we've seen.

but I know every time I saw a frame drop I'd regret not getting the 360 version.
Well, the 360 version is definitely a better choice, but the framerate is far from being stable there either.

JohngPR

Clearly not. That video was encoded at 60 fps, it seems, but the game is not running at 60 during those scenes. It's just as slow as the rest of the footage we've seen.

Well, the 360 version is definitely a better choice, but the framerate is far from being stable there either.

I know, but at least I know there isn't a better HD version that I could have gotten.

:p

I own both the originals, but my Phat PS3 died a while back so no chance I can replay them there. :(

Eusis

If 360 is at or above PS2 levels and never (or extremely rarely) below then that's good enough. But that lacks pressure sensitive buttons, so it may be missing a key feature anyway.

Salaadin

Damn so did I.

I don't remember how it was used if at all in the original games.

Boosting was always done with shoulder buttons so that shouldnt be a problem.
Wasnt mass targeting tied to pressure buttons, though? The harder you pushed, the more you targeted/more missles you fired?

SkylineRKR

So why hasn't this been announced to Europe yet?

What the hell Konami?

Yeah it seems to be like MGS HD which was released much later in Europe. Although some shops are listing 30/11 for ZoE.

I don't really mind it myself, I've yet to choose between NFS, WWE etc for the upcoming week.

JohngPR

Boosting was always done with shoulder buttons so that shouldnt be a problem.
Wasnt mass targeting tied to pressure buttons, though? The harder you pushed, the more you targeted/more missles you fired?

From what I remember all the face buttons were for movement, weren't they? I literally haven't played these games since they first released and only played ZOE 2 for 2 hours or so at the time.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah pressure sensitive presses were mostly tied to subweapons.(pressing hard tightened the cone of fire on Phlanx and fired more missiles on H.Missiles.)

CronoShot

I'm excited. Never played either of them. Never really paid much attention to their existence, actually, so I really have no idea what to expect other than mechs and anime.

I'll be picking the PS3 version up.

Kajiba

Nice OT.

Hopefully my brother picks this up tomorrow. Don't know if he will since sandy is fucking shit up outside all today and tomorrow.

Salaadin

From what I remember all the face buttons were for movement, weren't they? I literally haven't played these games since they first released and only played ZOE 2 for 2 hours or so at the time.

Yeah:

X Button Descend
Triangle Button Ascend
Square Button Main weapon
Circle Button Sub-weapon
L2 Button Lock-on/Change lock-on target
L1 Button Cancels lock-on/Changes camera view in non-lock-on-mode
R2 Button Dash during movement/Sudden burst when stopped
R1 Button Guard
Start Button Open and close Command menu
Left analog stick (L3 Button when pressed down) Direction control
Right analog stick (R3 Button when pressed down) Change view
Combo #1 Square Button + R2 Button = Dash/Burst Attack
Combo #2 Circle Button + Left Analog Stick = Grab and Throw
Combo #3 L1 Button + Left Analog Stick (Away from enemies) = Escape

http://www.gamefly.com/Rent-Zone-of-The-Enders/103970/GameplayControls/#.UI7OwJTaKSo#ixzz2AiP3Lv9S

Yeah pressure sensitive presses were mostly tied to subweapons.(pressing hard tightened the cone of fire on Phlanx and fired more missiles on H.Missiles.)

Gotcha. Thanks.

Cheddahz

Banned
Picking up the 360 version tonight at the midnight release at Gamestop, I'll probably won't play it for a while (just got back into Dark Souls), but I'll be sure to try out that MGS Rising demo when I get home!

cjkeats

Doing a trade deal for it tomorrow. Always wanted to play them, but never did. Guess I'll get the 360 version for sake of frame rates and a non-existent vita version means no Transfarring. :(

Esura

Banned
Why no Euro date? omg!

lol, just look at the OP's avatar.

Ken <3

At first I was like "her name is Ken? huzzah?"

Then I google image searched....lol

Anyone else still getting the LE?

Pretty excited about picking mine up after class tomorrow.

Indeed

gotta get her alt outfit every playthrough no exceptions

So this Ken...you can play with her right?

And by play I mean actually playing AS her in the game of course.:p

Top Bottom