• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zone of the Enders HD Collection |OT|

ADA: "That was a perfect slaughter. Are you happy with that?"

tumblr_lvau1snHpR1qiws1uo1_500.gif

Why yes.... Yes I am.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I grabbed this today on the premise that Kojima's patch will arrive to NA eventually. Hope he delivers.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Is it even possible for konami to get this running ok, ZOE2 used the PS2's bandwidth well and that wasn't even flawless so how is it possible if the currentgen consoles have half the bandwidth and are trying to run it in HD?

luka

Loves Robotech S1
So I think this is something they added into the HD edition because I don't remember it from the original, but since I'm still waiting for the Japanese region patch I decided to try out ZOE1 and maybe platinum it. I finished the game and got an omake after the credits - a picture of Viola in a bath towel and a recorded message from her VA, Tezuka Chiharu. I only caught the end of it since I took a bathroom break during the credits so I have no idea what she said... then I reloaded the last save to see it again and got nothing. :(

Oh well, easiest platinum ever (took a whopping 6 and a half hours). But holy crap what a bad port. At least it hits 60fps when nothing is onscreen but thow a single transparency up there and the game totally shits the bed...

Jubern

I'm pretty sure the post-credits messages were added for the HD Edition. I think I remember them talking about that at one of those talks they did before release (like TGS 2011).

I'm on the fence here and could use some opinions.

I haven't played either game but would really like to. I have a 360 and no PS3. However, I can borrow a PS3 off a friend, but then it's money spent on something I can't use anymore once I return the console.

With the 360 version likely never getting patched, would you guys consider it worth playing? It's only $15 on XBL right now and if I borrowed a PS3 to play it on there, it'd be $20 for ZoE2 or $30 for both.

I'm mostly interested in ZoE2 as it really sounds like ZoE isn't that great. I love MGS, though, and it would sound crazy to me if someone never played the original, so if the idea of skipping ZoE is crazy lemme know.

I saw that the game is on sale on the EU PSN, I was thinking about buying it but I didn't understand if the patch that fix the framerate came out even for the psn version or only the retail one

Endo Punk

Need help with final rank on ZOE2. I have an S rank and need to lower down to A, how many continues and saves do I need for that to happen?

edit: nevermind I got it with 58 saves and 8 continues.

IT'S THE ACE OF FRAMES! THE ACE OF FRAMES!

Got this in the PSN sale last week and love the HD update. The cutscenes did not seem amazing but the gameplay was beautiful. The first one was always one of my favourite games on the PS2. never played 2nd runner, no idea why, but have got an hour in. Do not know how I feel about the cartoon animation in it. Had not been expecting. Looking forward to playing the rest of the game.

Sekundes

Neo Member
I saw that the game is on sale on the EU PSN, I was thinking about buying it but I didn't understand if the patch that fix the framerate came out even for the psn version or only the retail one

Ok, I may be a bit late. But on the other hand: "it's never too late!"

the patch is also for the PSN edition. I have only the PSN edition and got the patch as well. Frame rates are fine...

Got this in the PSN sale last week and love the HD update. The cutscenes did not seem amazing but the gameplay was beautiful. The first one was always one of my favourite games on the PS2. never played 2nd runner, no idea why, but have got an hour in. Do not know how I feel about the cartoon animation in it. Had not been expecting. Looking forward to playing the rest of the game.

For me it's exactly the other way around.
I like the second runner way more and kinda wish the 1st one was "anime-style" as well...

I'm in the process of trying to finish 2nd Runner and truth be told, this game fucking sucks. Cool, the game is longer and spiced things up with the boss battles and some other shit. Other than that, this game frustrates me to no end. Locking-on targets with enemies and friendlies in the same vicinity is a giant clusterfuck (Carrying Ken sorry ass was fucking brutal); VA is terrible, which is fitting I guess since almost all the characters suck (not to mention the lack of lip synching is so distracting). I can't remember the last time I had so many game overs over some of the bullshit in this game.

I can't believe the last game I'm gonna complete in the PS3/360/Wii generation is gonna be this piece of shit. Z.O.E. 1 was way better than this

Wow, even the last two Anubis fights were bullshit

Two times I needed one hit to kill the final boss and through the magical power of bullshit, he managed to kill me. Fuck 2nd Runner. Zone of the Enders 1 will always be superior

aerts1js

I've been playing through this throughout the week and just wanted to chime in that 2nd Runner is great. The game looks better than a lot of ps3 games with all of the effects on screen.

However, the dialogue is terrible....maybe the worst writing I've experienced in a videogame in awhile. Why is the main character always telling people to shut up? It just comes off as annoying.

The camera can get a bit iffy when trying to keep up with the action but the game is still insanely fun on hard difficulty. I can only imagine what a third game might look like on ps4.

I've been playing through this throughout the week and just wanted to chime in that 2nd Runner is great. The game looks better than a lot of ps3 games with all of the effects on screen.

However, the dialogue is terrible....maybe the worst writing I've experienced in a videogame in awhile. Why is the main character always telling people to shut up? It just comes off as annoying.

The camera can get a bit iffy when trying to keep up with the action but the game is still insanely fun on hard difficulty. I can only imagine what a third game might look like on ps4.

"Use power for the right things"

"At least for the things that you believe in"

"So who's secondhand?"

"Your father"

Ken sheds a tear and music swells up... what does all this even mean???

Top Bottom