• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘If anything happens to me, investigate,’-Conspiracy Theorist. Days later found dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

‘If anything happens to me, investigate,’ UFO hunter texted mother. Days later, he was dead.

imrs.php

To Max Spiers — British conspiracy theorist and UFO theoretician — the world was a fantastical place ruled by nefarious alien forces controlling the unthinking masses.

For some, Spiers's YouTube videos were luminous, compelling and incisive, shining a bright light into crevices that wouldn't otherwise exist — and revealing the diabolical inner-workings of global power.

To others, his rants about government breeding programs, political mind control and extraterrestrial Nazi alliances sounded like scraps left on the cutting-room floor by spit-balling "X-Files" writers.

At worst, his words sounded like the inane gibberish of an unhinged mind.

In Spiers's deeply skeptical eyes, after all, even the ascent of Britney Spears was a conspiratorial matter.

Perhaps it's not surprising then that one of the last texts the 39-year-old sent to his mother didn't stray far from his typical script.

"Your boy's in trouble," Spiers wrote to his mother in June. "If anything happens to me, investigate."

Days later, the Telegraph reports, Spiers was found dead in Warsaw, unleashing a wave of suspicion among UFO researchers who have flooded message boards and YouTube with theories about his sudden and unexpected death.

In an interview posted on YouTube, Vanessa Bates, Spiers's mother, said her son was becoming a prominent conspiracy theorist and had been invited to speak at an upcoming conference in Poland.

"He always had an interest in the mystical," she said, recalling her son's childhood.

"He was staying with a woman who he had not known for long and she told me how she found him dead on the sofa," she said. "But I think Max had been digging in some dark places — and I fear that somebody wanted him dead."

Several days after the interview aired, Metro reported that an autopsy was performed once Spiers's body was returned to England. The results, however, will not be available for several months, authorities said.

Authorities at the North East Kent coroner's office confirmed investigators are in the "very early" stages of an autopsy, according to the Telegraph.

Spiers, who had two sons, was buried in a Canterbury cemetery, according to reports.

"He has a brother, Josh, and sister, Becky, who are both devastated, as are his two boys," his mother said. "We all want answers to this and I will continue to fight to get to the truth."

Some, like UFO blogger Craig Hewlett, have implied that Spiers was murdered.

Others have called for more medical scrutiny from authorities.

“If it wasn’t true what he talks about then why would they kill him?" Hewlett told Metro. "Healthy people don’t just get sick and die, they get poisoned.”

Nigel Watson, author of the "UFO Investigations Manual," told Metro that if UFO researchers are being killed, there's likely an organization behind the deaths.

‘It relates to the concept of Men in Black [MIB], who are either aliens in human disguise or government agents, who stop UFO witnesses from making their sightings public," he said, without offering any proof of his claim. "MIB usually verbally intimidate people, but it seems logical that ‘they’ would stretch to violence and murder when needed."

Conspiracy theorist Max Spiers allegedly investigating ‘circle of black magicians’ involving political leaders and celebrities before his mysterious death

UFO enthusiast and conspiracy theory peddler Max Spiers may have been looking into ‘a circle of black magicians’ before his suspicious summer death.

“He was going to expose black magic,” his fiancée Sara Adams told Yahoo! News. “He was going to expose some of the stuff that he was working on involving political leaders and celebrities.”

Spiers, who claimed he survived a government “super soldier” program, was found dead on a sofa in Poland where he had gone to give a speech on conspiracy theories and UFOs.

According to The Sun, it was ruled the Canterbury native died of natural causes, though no examination was performed on his body. Many of his fans and fellow conspiracy theorists have balked at the situation surrounding Spier’s untimely and mysterious death, most suggesting he was “bumped off” by government agents due to the topic of his investigation.

Some of his friends told the newspaper he had “vomited a black liquid” when he died in the Polish apartment.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
While its sad to hear he's died, I'm going to take a wild guess and say it was not part of some elaborate conspiracy theory.

KHarvey16

Yeah I bet the circle of black magicians got him. Totally worth it for the authorities to spend time investigating that lead.

Days later, the Telegraph reports, Spiers was found dead in Warsaw, unleashing a wave of suspicion among UFO researchers who have flooded message boards and YouTube with theories about his sudden and unexpected death.

Can you really call it unexpected if he predicted it earlier?

If I was in a gov conspiracy, the last thing I'd do is make a whistleblower a martyr. This is unfortunate, but it doesn't give credence to his conspiracy theories imo.

While its sad to hear he's died, I'm going to take a wild guess and say it was not part of some elaborate conspiracy theory.

X-Files has convinced me in no uncertain terms that governments across the world are well aware of extra-terrestrial life and will kill as they wont in order to maintain the illusion that humans are the universe's alpha-predator.

Isn't this basically what Tom Delonge is pushing? That there are different types of aliens that are controlling different governments, etc.

Pluto

"Healthy people don’t just get sick and die, ..."
That happens all the time ... these people want to prove aliens exist but fail at the most basic understanding of how earth/humans work.

if i was in some bad shit i wouldn't tell my mom to investigate. that would just be putting her in danger.

im gonna go with he did something to himself or a mundane humans-only crime

Fat4all

Banned
if i was a conspiracy theorist, I'd probably find myself saying "If anything happens to me, investigate" quite a bit.

Matt

That happens all the time ... these people want to prove aliens exist but fail at the most basic understanding of how earth/humans work.
Yep. This is typical conspiracy theorist thinking, seeing patterns where none exist and making real life more complicated than it really is in order to support their delusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom