• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the sneak peak. I missed it because I watched my PVRed TWD 20 minutes in, and it only saved the first few minutes of Into the Badlands. Then again, it shows nothing.

That didn't sound like Glenn, although I could hardly make it out. I hope he's still alive, though.

This episode, as a whole, was the weakest one of the season. It had its moments, but wasn't anything special. It's too bad Darryl lost his crossbow. I wonder how long it will be before he comes across those idiots, dead on the road, and takes it back.

Thanks for the sneak peak. I missed it because I watched my PVRed TWD 20 minutes in, and it only saved the first few minutes of Into the Badlands. Then again, it shows nothing.

That didn't sound like Glenn, although I could hardly make it out. I hope he's still alive, though.

This episode, as a whole, was the weakest one of the season. It had its moments, but wasn't anything special. It's too bad Darryl lost his crossbow. I wonder how long it will be before he comes across those idiots, dead on the road, and takes it back.
to be clear, that was the sneak peak for next week, this is the actual preview for it. Also kinda vague but it looks good.

Jobbs

Banned
What a good episode ruined by "a man knows".

Beyond that, though, I'm supposed to believe that hairy stinky gross old Abraham is going to have hooked up with both Rosita and Sasha, two insanely gorgeous women?

I guess it's a man's world.

neoism

almost done with this ep, still shitty but better than last week...

i swear this season has been good soo far but the pacing has been straight fucking garbage... rick has barely been in it at all...:/
2 more eps then a fucking 3 month wait..

-____________________________-

BFIB

What a good episode ruined by "a man knows".

Beyond that, though, I'm supposed to believe that hairy stinky gross old Abraham is going to have hooked up with both Rosita and Sasha, two insanely gorgeous women?

I guess it's a man's world.
Don't mess with firecrotch.

So, my (probably) completely ridiculous prediction for the finale. Because I think next week is going to be Rick/Alexandria drama with
Ron shooting Carl and probably losing a chunk of his face.

For the finale... opening scene prediction
opening scene is our first look at Jesus, who is on the run from a shit ton of walkers. He climbs onto the roof of a building to escape. He hears a gunshot (Nicholas killing himself) and runs over to the ledge to see what happened. Hes overlooking the alley of walkers and sees Glenn climb into the dumpster.

So that would mean the voice was Jesus Monroe, who saved Glenn, but Glenn is badly hurt and needs help.

Just an idea.

So, my (probably) completely ridiculous prediction for the finale. Because I think next week is going to be Rick/Alexandria drama with
Ron shooting Carl and probably losing a chunk of his face.

For the finale... opening scene prediction
opening scene is our first look at Jesus, who is on the run from a shit ton of walkers. He climbs onto the roof of a building to escape. He hears a gunshot (Nicholas killing himself) and runs over to the ledge to see what happened. Hes overlooking the alley of walkers and sees Glenn climb into the dumpster.

So that would mean the voice was Jesus Monroe, who saved Glenn, but Glenn is badly hurt and needs help.

Just an idea.
That would be cool.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wow, that was pretty weak focus on the three. I also don't like how Abraham suddenly wants to bone Sasha just because she's lost everything like him and "gone crazy." What about Roseita, dude!?

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Wow, death of diabetes girl was about the dumbest and most pointless one in the entire series. Zombies are dangerous, boys and girls.

So what's the consensus - was Faceless Blue Jeans Guy
Negan
?

Also that definitely sounded like Glenn saying "help" at the end there.

Wow, death of diabetes girl was about the dumbest and most pointless one in the entire series. Zombies are dangerous, boys and girls.

So what's the consensus - was Faceless Blue Jeans Guy
Negan
?

Also that definitely sounded like Glenn saying "help" at the end there.

Faceless Blue Jeans Guy - could have been
Dwight
I really think the voice on the walkie at the end was
Jesus Monroe

BizzyBum

Man, even I have to admit that blond girl's death was just awful. People do die and get bit in the dumbest ways imaginable on this show. That's something you expect to happen when the outbreak first happened, how does someone survive the apocalypse for two years and die like that? The only thing I can think of is they were also sheltered in some form of community since the start like the Alexandrians.

As a side note, what's the name of that chick? She was cute as hell, and I love that type of pixie haircuts on girls.

LifEndz

Oh great, Morgan being a doofus for another ep again

"All life is precious. Even a maniac that just machette'd an unarmed woman. Even a crazed man that tried to kill me. Even..."

Yeah, it's incredibly dumb. And that whole "this ain't you. I know you." bit is also tired.

RS4-

lol at the upcoming Moron Morgan side show.

I'm surprised Daryl didn't see it before, then again, the show does make things obvious. I thought it was a random hut at first when he was next to biker helmet. And what a hilarious death with insulin girl. Hahaha.

Blue jeans guy, they called him Dwight? I can't remember.

edit - nm, Dwight was the chump that took the bike.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
The guy with the hidden face was called Wade. Dwight was the guy who stole Daryl's crossbow and bike.

Thanks - sound mix was weird in this episode, I really had difficulty understanding what people were saying. Maybe I'm just going deaf though.

I'm in the camp that the voice on the walkie talkie didn't sound like Glenn.

Also was that dwight's wife? The chick with the brown hair? Is it possible he will later be a Savior under Negan?

This show has too many scenes in it that make it feel like a parody of itself at this point, like random death scenes just for the hell of it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Pretty solid (comic)
origin episode for Dwight. Nice touch by having him steal Daryl's crossbow, as Comic Dwight also had a crossbow. Can't wait to see who he uses it on...

Abraham and Sasha's storyline was a little too similar to the Carol/Daryl episode from last season though. Their side of the episode definitely could have been spruced up a bit.

Partition

Banned
two god AWFUL episodes in a row this season is really decaying

Look I'm all for "WE DONT NEED ZOMBIE HORDES IN EVERY EP!!!" but it's quite CLEAR the facade of TWD all falls apart as soon as the action stops. The writers have absolutely NO CLUE how to write dialogue / character development scenes. The stuff with Abraham made me cringe so hard. The entire Daryl storyline was pointless, cheesy, and awful; pretty much just filler.

Now I can't wait to tune in next week when we figure out - OH Glenn is ALIVE for some miraculous completely unrealistic reason.

That diabetic girl's death was so predictable. Episode was just OK. Kinda cool to see all those crispy walkers. That one in the helmet Daryl saw after he fell off the bike was such a pathetic sight. That image really stuck with me for some reason. Sasha and Abe's scenes were putting me to sleep.

Also apparently there is going to be a Negan coming into the show. I don't know who that is since I don't read the comic but I like the actor well enough. Hope he's a cool character.

Also, I hope Glenn is dead. But I'm guessing there will be some dumb contrivance.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The Abraham and Sasha thing...I don't buy. What happened to Rosita, man? Sasha and Abraham have a shared experience, I suppose, morbid fucks, but there is no chemistry with their characters.

I actually thought this was a decent episode. It was fairly predictable, especially with Darryl going back to give them the medicine and the jump zombies getting that girl anyway...but I wouldn't say it was a bad episode. Kept me more engaged than last week.

Angry Fork

For people who have read the comics, was the guy/girl who was with daryl also in the comics? I liked them it's a shame they did daryl dirty like that it's rare to see people not in Rick's group who haven't turned evil yet. I would've liked to see him bring them back to Alexandria.

Wow was that Abraham hitting on Sasha scene really, really awkwardly written.

I've liked the other episodes so far this season but I can't find one single redeemable thing about this one.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
For people who have read the comics, was the guy/girl who was with daryl also in the comics? I liked them it's a shame they did daryl dirty like that it's rare to see people not in Rick's group who haven't turned evil yet. I would've liked to see him bring them back to Alexandria.

Comic Spoilers:

Maybe. There is a character in the comics named Dwight who uses a crossbow like Daryl. When the character was first revealed in the comic, they only showed part of his body with the crossbow and people assumed they were adding Daryl from the TV show to the comic.

But since Darly isn't in the comic, nothing about this episode is from the comic. But a lot of people are thinking the guy is Dwight. The comic referenced and alluded to the next big bad several times before he showed up, and it feels like the same thing was happening here.

What is interesting is that this guy took Daryl's crossbow in this episode...

Angry Fork

Comic Spoilers:

Maybe. There is a character in the comics named Dwight who uses a crossbow like Daryl. When the character was first revealed in the comic, they only showed part of his body with the crossbow and people assumed they were adding Daryl from the TV show to the comic.

But since Darly isn't in the comic, nothing about this episode is from the comic. But a lot of people are thinking the guy is Dwight. The comic referenced and alluded to the next big bad several times before he showed up, and it feels like the same thing was happening here.

What is interesting is that this guy took Daryl's crossbow in this episode...

Ah I see. So
is Dwight a good guy in the comics? (relatively speaking) The guy + girl in today's episode seem decent (and just did what they did to Daryl due to being afraid to trust people).

Also is there an explanation given in the comics for why groups which are crazy still end up surviving together somehow? Like the cannibals didn't eat each other but they ate other people, how was this decided/why? And the people with the W on their foreheads not attacking each other but attacking others. You'd think groups like that would disintegrate fairly quickly on their own due to what they're doing.

Grizzlyjin

Ah I see. So
is Dwight a good guy in the comics? (relatively speaking) The guy + girl in today's episode seem decent (and just did what they did to Daryl due to being afraid to trust people).

Why is it every new group that isn't Rick's seems to be really crazy/psychotic? lol Also is there an explanation given in the comics for why groups which are crazy still end up surviving together somehow? Like the cannibals didn't eat each other but they ate other people, how was this decided/why? And the people with the W on their foreheads not attacking each other but attacking others. You'd think groups like that would disintegrate fairly quickly on their own due to what they're doing.

Comic Spoiler:

I would say Dwight is a decent antihero type. Begrudgingly works for the bad guys, but wants to do things another way. If the guy and girl in this episode are the characters from the comic, the show is introducing an earlier version than we got in the comics. Some stuff goes down with them that you get as back story in the comic but might just happen as we go along on the show.

Sometimes the comics get into the inner dynamics of the groups. The group that is coming up is pretty clear about how things work, their structure, and what happens if you don't go along with their way of life.

The Wolves that we've seen, I honestly don't know what their deal is. They might be a lower order of an upcoming group, or something purely original for the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom