• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks, just wanted to stop by briefly and talk about spoilers and thread etiquette. SamuraiX has done an excellent job with the OP explaining the rules, so please make sure you follow them:

• If you're posting information from the comics, use spoiler tags and label them properly. Don't tease or hint at what's coming next to the show.
  • If you'd like to discuss the comics outside of the show, just use the thread for the comics. Note that this thread is focused on what's going on with the show, not ongoing conversations about the comics.
  • Any leaks and major spoilers (set photos, script reports, etc...) should be in the The Walking Dead TV show, leaks, and comic book SPOILER discussion thread. Do not post that sort of thing in this thread.
Note that we have both comic readers and tv show watchers coexisting in the same thread, so please be nice to each other, respect the rules, and enjoy the show. If you discover any problems in the thread (unmarked spoilers, people posting leaks in this thread, people being jerks), please send me a PM and I'll take care of it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me via PM or ask in the thread. I'm sure one of the more senior members here will be happy to help you out. Thanks!

For your reference, the rules as stated in the OP:
wRYuJag.png

Standard rules apply: after the 9PM ET/6PM PT airing of a new episode, the details of that episode may be discussed openly without the use of spoiler tags. Please remember to spoiler tag any preview and/or promo discussion for episodes that have not aired.

Leaks: The posting and/or discussing of leaked material is strictly prohibited in this thread. All discussion regarding unofficially distributed media belongs in The Walking Dead Spoiler Discussion Thread.

Graphic Novel: All comic-related discussion must be enclosed in spoiler tags. NO EXCEPTIONS! Please tag and label your posts, e.g. [Graphic Novel/Comic Spoilers]
[Insert graphic novel spoilers here]
. All discussion pertaining exclusively to the graphic novel belongs in The Walking Dead Comics Thread.​

Sadist

This episode gave me cancer.

Everything about it felt disjointed, hastly put together and forced, even more so than the usual. But what was more bizarre was seeing Daryl losing his instincts just like that. It made no sense at all.

The show is really on a path to erase all the goodwill it earned from me with the first episodes of the season. On the plus side, at least it gave us another memorable walker. So there's that.

JMy73EY.gif
At this point I'm just watching it for the special zombie make-up. Shit is good.

Really hoping for some good episodes. And a good mid-season finale.

zewone

Episodes like the past two weeks makes me laugh at everyone who was upset about the Morgan episode.

So much better than this crap.

DrBo42

Holy shit @ that girl's death. I think that might be the dumbest thing I've seen in the entirety of this show. I knew I was in for a bad episode when Darryl parks his bike next to a walker in a motorcycle helmet with a top down shot of them with their arms together attempting at some sort of poetry. Awful awful awful.

Also, yeah that's Glenn on the walkie at the end.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Am I supposed to believe that this girl survived Walker Apocalypse for two years, yet she got bitten like a total Alexandrian noob? Or that Daryl wouldn't be nailing those suckers down as soon as he saw them?

9nbdnoc.gif

B please.

Dumb episode is dumb.

Am I supposed to believe that this girl survived Walker Apocalypse for two years, yet she bit it like a total Alexandrian noob? Or that Daryl wouldn't be nailing those suckers down as soon as he saw them?

9nbdnoc.gif

B please.

Dumb episode is dumb.

The fact that she notices they've awoken yet then proceeds to lie down next to them kills me every time with laughter. Characters on this show are so unbelievably stupid.

Am I supposed to believe that this girl survived Walker Apocalypse for two years, yet she got bitten like a total Alexandrian noob? Or that Daryl wouldn't be nailing those suckers down as soon as he saw them?

9nbdnoc.gif

B please.

Dumb episode is dumb.
Seemed like her and the others were part of a larger group. So maybe they sheltered like the Alexandrians were

-griffy-

Banned

9nbdnoc.gif

B please.

Dumb episode is dumb.

I don't even understand why she fell. It's like they didn't even give a shit. "Just keep it on a closeup so people can't see shit, it doesn't matter." Zombies fully encased in glass cocoons one second, fully exposed with a bit of broken glass the next. Who gives a shit.

cameron

Abraham was primed for a goofy death or injury during that bridge/rpg scene. It's nice that he didn't die. I like the character.

Insulin girl's death was just there to remind you what show you're watching. Daryl must've been distracted trying to remember the 3 questions. The girl's death is about par with Morgan's Unagi master getting bit.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
That entire group Daryl ran into is inexperienced. They've been getting protected by a larger group. The guy has killed a couple walkers but never had to kill a person, so they definitely haven't been out there like Rick's group.

But that death and the manufactured scare with Daryl getting his crossbow out were amateur hour.

So I'm confused, did Eugene & Sasha kill the zombie & then have sex or not?
Emily Kinney is 30!? I hadn't looked her up, but figured she was around 18-20 when I watched the earlier seasons. She doesn't look it at all.

Both are really cute. I miss Beth, too, as she was an interesting character.
Agreed. She went out in such a dumb way.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
So I'm confused, did Eugene & Sasha kill the zombie & then have sex or not?
Agreed. She went out in such a dumb way.

I'm still salty about Beth getting killed off. Just as they gave her all that character development. So pointless. She should have gotten a few more episodes after that arc was done. Like dying in the premiere or J.S.S. That would have worked so much better.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Abraham was primed for a goofy death or injury during that bridge/rpg scene. It's nice that he didn't die. I like the character.

Insulin girl's death was just there to remind you what show you're watching. Daryl must've been distracted trying to remember the 3 questions. The girl's death is about par with Morgan's Unagi master getting bit.

I was thinking the exact same thing. lol. Not just what happened but the responses to it in here...hilarious.

DedValve

Banned
The drama when Daryl was struggling to get his crossbow out of his bag to kill a single walker was hilarious.

That entire scene was so confusing. I kept thinking to myself "is the bag stuck?" "Is there something valuable he wants and doesn't want to take the bag?"

I mean, I didn't even think of him stabbing a zombie with his bare thumbs while blindfolded which sounds like something he could do with ease but....he could have calmly gotten the bag, walked a few feet, killed it or....kept walking.

He was scared too. It was soooo confusing.

Alpende

Daryl sure struggled to get that crossbow out of the duffle bag.

That was such a weak way to create tension. The show has shown several times you can easily stick a pointy weapon in a Walker's skull without too much trouble. Might as well grab a stick / rock, you're in the woods ffs, and use that to kill the walker.

I feel like they could've edited the last two episodes into a single ep. I realize they're trying to split the stories into groups, but these last two felt like they really didn't have enough valuable content.

dustyherb

Was this posted? JDM talks about his casting. Looks like he was a fan of the series and knew the character beforehand, that's why he wanted to do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaZ7oQgOkR0&feature=youtu.be

Badass gaddamn answer there. He's a slick dude.

Dude is going to be absolutely perfect for Negan, really loving how excited he is for the role. After watching that maybe Negan is going to cuss more then we thought? Maybe the occasional fuck if were lucky.

9nbdnoc.gif

B please.

Dumb episode is dumb.

i like how when she lays down she gets comfortable

I'm still salty about Beth getting killed off. Just as they gave her all that character development. So pointless. She should have gotten a few more episodes after that arc was done. Like dying in the premiere or J.S.S. That would have worked so much better.
yes, OMG. what was the point of building up her character like that to kill her off?! other than of course to make it a routine to have someone killed off by the time you get to the mid season finale of this show -_-

Heimbeck

Banned
I feel like they could've edited the last two episodes into a single ep. I realize they're trying to split the stories into groups, but these last two felt like they really didn't have enough valuable content.

I guess at some point they have a whole season the need to tell a story, and I think they don't have a choice that it's 16 episodes so some episodes will be fluff.
This season has been extremely slow so far though, almost nothing of note has actually happened yet.

GavinGT

Banned
What a whack episode...

What was Abraham doing with the RPG zombie? Was that some hamfisted analogy or something?

Why were those zombies entombed in glass? Am I to assume that the fire melted the glass and encased them?

Yeah, definitely the worst episode of the season. They could have decided not to show this episode entirely and we still would not miss a thing once this season finishes.

Tobor

It wasn't that bad. I liked the Abraham parts. Insulin girl was dumb as hell, but I was glad she died so the insulin thing didn't become a story element. Daryl needs Carol to slap him in the face and shake him out of his funk.

dustyherb

Yeah, definitely the worst episode of the season. They could have decided not to show this episode entirely and we still would not miss a thing once this season finishes.
No there are definitely things that happened in this episode that will play a big part in future episodes.

HardRojo

I cringe hard every time there's a stupid death in this show. Morgan's master died in a really stupid way, then this girl also dies stupidly... I wish they didn't just kill characters for the sake of killing them. Daryl struggling with the bag was somewhat believable, but still laughable, he's been doing this for a while now, he could have easily used the bag to push the walker off and gain some time to get whatever he wanted. Oh well... hopefully the second part of the season will be more interesting because this show is actually becoming some sort of guilty pleasure, rather than something I actually look forward to every week.

carlo6529

I'm still salty about Beth getting killed off. Just as they gave her all that character development.So pointless. She should have gotten a few more episodes after that arc was done. Like dying in the premiere or J.S.S. That would have worked so much better.

That's why they did it though. They made sure to build up her character so we actually cared for her before taking her away from us. I mean, it happened mid last season and you are still talking about it so they must of done a good job with it. I actually got really teary eyed when it happened. That doesn't happen too often with me.

Kinyou

9nbdnoc.gif

B please.

Dumb episode is dumb.
Man, she isn't even trying to get up.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Heads up you guys - the penultimate episode of the year airs tonight!

Heads Up

Alexandria is finally able to start pulling itself back together; and there's peace between the group and the Alexandrians, but no one knows how long it will last.

The episode was written by Channing Powell (who last wrote 5.12 "Remember", the one where the group is interviewed one on one by Deanna) and was directed by David Boyd (who last directed 5.13 "Forget", the one where Deanna throws a welcome party for Rick and Co).

The guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead are:

Gale Anne Hurd (producer), Ken Jeong (Community, The Hangover) and...two surprise guests!

Reminder:

Tonight's 'Talking Dead' will air an hour later this week (as well as next week), to accommodate AMC's new action series 'Into the Badlands', which will now air directly after 'The Walking Dead'.

The OT for 'Into the Badlands' can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom