• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

Heads up you guys - the penultimate episode of the year airs tonight!

The episode was written by Channing Powell (who last wrote 5.12 "Remember", the one where the group is interviewed one on one by Deanna) and was directed by David Boyd (who last directed 5.13 "Forget", the one where Deanna throws a welcome party for Rick and Co).

The guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead are:

Gale Anne Hurd (producer), Ken Jeong (Community, The Hangover) and...two surprise guests!

Reminder:

Tonight's 'Talking Dead' will air an hour later this week (as well as next week), to accommodate AMC's new action series 'Into the Badlands', which will now air directly after 'The Walking Dead'.

The OT for 'Into the Badlands' can be found here.

christmas break?

Pluto

my guess it might be that, plus one of the alexandrians, probably deanna or jessie.
I hope it's not Deanna, I like her and think she's a good leader, she did build a community in Alexandria and was more successful at that than anyone else in the series so far, she failed in making them strong and able to properly defend themselves but she recognized that and let Rick take charge it.

Can't they just have negan say fuck and just bleep it out and then put the uncensored version on the website? Or are there rules to thay?

That would be annoying and break atmosphere.

I've already mentioned it before, but AMC has had the F-bomb drop in Breaking Bad and all they do is half mute the word, it's a perfect solution.

Which is why I'm confused they didn't in the train cart for Rick's "fucking with the wrong people" line

Bandit1

I've already mentioned it before, but AMC has had the F-bomb drop in Breaking Bad and all they do is half mute the word, it's a perfect solution.

Which is why I'm confused they didn't in the train cart for Rick's "fucking with the wrong people" line

Yeah they did the same thing with the first season of Better Call Saul (twice)
Pig f---er
All three shows are rated TV-MA, so I'm not sure why they didn't go with it, but it doesn't bother me that they decided not to.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
christmas break?

Is this doing that 1st half and 2nd half season thing with months break? I hate that shit.

Yes. The Walking Dead, along with every other 13+ episode TV series on every other network, goes on a several month hiatus during the Holiday season.

SOP for any AMC show, lots of money in basically having two season openers and season finales.

AMC does it every year with The Walking Dead, but they only occasionally do it with their other shows (the final seasons of Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and Hell on Wheels).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=180287824&postcount=76

I don't understand why a fucking word is so looked down upon in America.. What 18+ person you know will get offended by hearing the word fuck

I don't understand why a fucking word is so looked down upon in America.. What 18+ person you know will get offended by hearing the word fuck
I'm 23 and my parents still don't like to use profanity around me. I think you're underestimating how and why people feel about that stuff. And a lot of young kids watch The Walking Dead

I thinnk it depends on the network.
Starz for example can show titties, drop F bombs and show gore as long as the warning is thee before the show starts. Check out Spartacus and Ash Vs The Evil Dead.

Ashhong

Yes. The Walking Dead, along with every other 13+ episode TV series on every other network, goes on a several month hiatus during the Holiday season.

AMC does it every year with The Walking Dead, but they only occasionally do it with their other shows (the final seasons of Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and Hell on Wheels).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=180287824&postcount=76

The final seasons of breaking bad were separated by a year iirc. They were treated differently then normal AMC shows

Yeah, technically AMC can do pretty much anything. It's cable, they aren't bound by the same regulation that networks are.

It pretty much comes down to money. As a basic cable channel they make the majority of their income during commercial breaks. I'm not sure of the exact figure, but to have your ad played during TWD hour? It's probably a ridiculous amount. They want to keep them happy, so they stay away from curses and explicit sexual content.

The advantage of a premium cable channel such as HBO is that they don't have to worry about commercials as much because its subscription based.

Penultimate episode before the midseason finale...I'm prepared for shit to fly off the rails before the fade to black and then lots of mayhem in the finale.

Woooooo

styl3s

What's the over-under on Glenn today.
I assume they are keeping it for the mid-season finale as one of their "big twist" and i quote big twist because he's not dead and anyone who thinks otherwise is just being silly and probably thought their TV was broke when it was doing black and white flash backs on the series premiere.

It's either that or he will show up in the 2nd half premiere/finale.

I rewatched the glenn scene and the perfectly placed dumpster is really the GG. Excited to see it though.

Also ffuuuuuuuuuuuu I forgot talking dead is on an hour later. Into the Badlands is a decent romp so far though so whatevz.

Still can't believe Daryl got got for mount and his signature weapon
hope he gets it back :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom