• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anti climactic mid-season finale

Also, fuck Morgan
It reminded me of Season's 4 finale. The set-up is all there for crazy shit to go down next episode.

The group trapped in the train car, with Carol and Tyreese outside
The group in the middle of a walker herd, with Glenn, Enid, Abraham, Sasha, and Daryl on the outside

Shit is definitely going down in the mid-season premiere

Yeah, the midseason premiere should be really good if they stay true to the comics. Just wish some of that stuff would of happened tonight.

I was kind disappointed that didn't happen today, but I can see why.

I think they will for the most part. Should be pretty great.

Also I don't think Morgan is stupid. Just misguided...and for good reason (for him not for us).

He's really not stupid, but oh boy, the mess he's causing is huge.

Oh wow we're getting walking dead AND better call saul in feb? Fuckkkkk yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

^^ and I agree about Morgan. People are too quick to call him stupid when he really isn't but no denying he's causing a lot of problems. Should be interesting to see how own reaction.

-griffy-

Banned
I thought this was a fine episode of Walking Dead. But the meta around the show has gotten so loud that it infringes on the show itself when this fine episode becomes THE EPIC MIDSEASON FINALE DONT MISS A MINUTE STAY TUNED FOR FEAR THE WALKING DEAD FLIGHT BLAH BLAH SPECIAL GUEST CAST MEMBER ON TALKING DEAD AFTER INTO THE BADLANDS DONT FORGET THE 2 MINUTE PROLOGUE TO THE SECOND HALF OF THIS SINGLE SEASON THET PREMIERES IN FEBRUARY DURING THE FIRST COMMERCIAL BREAK OF THE FIFTH EPISODE OF THIS OTHER SHOW.

+ Deanna. I liked her. Great performance.
+ Eugene. HAHA. I love this man. I don't even care if he's a coward, he just makes me laugh.
+ Carl straight up ether'd Ron. Porchdick Jr is lucky that S3/S4 Carl isn't around anymore, if he hadn't gotten soft he would of been executed right then and there. Was probably for the best though, Jessie would of went nuts.
+ Rick made me laugh. When he was taking out the guts, the Andersons were looking at him like "WTF"
+ Rosita was alright
+ Cool zombie stuff as usual
++++++++++ "Well.... shit"

- That whole Morgan and Carol sequence... I blame both of them... it's easier to blame Morgan but Carol? It's really not the time for this shit. I feel like they're literally writing Morgan to be hated. I laughed out loud when he literally body slammed her though.

- Sam. Look... he's a kid and he's scared but that doesn't mean we have to like it. He's just annoying.

Well, episode 9 wil be epic if they stay faithful to the HQ.

Yeah... While I'm usually in favor of sticking with the comics, I wouldn't mind if they deviated there [EPISODE 9 SPECULATION/COMIC SPOILERS]
the whole Anderson family "thing" from the comics was horrible in a great sort of way but I just feel like the show is playing it way too safe with so many of their existing, older characters now. Such that you just have this core group of almost untouchable characters that rarely feel like they're actually in danger. Whereas most of the Alexandrians are just zombie chow. Assuming they kill off Jesse and family, will any of the Alexandrians survive? Show needs to kill off some older characters to free up some new ones for some room to develop. Was kind of hoping Show Jesse could take up more of the mantle of Comics Andrea but from the leaks it seems they'll kill her off in Episode 9.

Negan should shake things up with some of the older characters getting offed but then again you have people speculating that instead of Glen or Darryl meeting Lucille, it'll be somebody like Morgan, who is practically a new character given he's only been a regular this year

Also I don't think Morgan is stupid. Just misguided...and for good reason (for him not for us).

I want to like Morgan since I think at bare minimum he presents an interesting opposing view of things compared to Rick and Company. But the show has such a "survival of the fittest" attitude on things that you just know anytime anyone is spared that'll end up biting them in the ass. It would be nice for once if sparing a questionable person wound up benefiting the group, even if it was like in a Golum at the end of Lord of the Rings sort of way. Instead the show just constantly beats you over the head with how stupid you must be if you don't kill anyone that crosses your path.

Sanke__

Well the 2 minute prologue made up for that hour long waste of time

I just don't understand the point of cliffhanger endings like that where you are just left waiting to see the end of the episode you already started watching

The episode that started with Glenn would have been a much better place to start the second half of the season

If I understand correctly this is the point where the show should start getting much better though

I just really hope the don't go soft with the likely indroduction of Neegan in the season finale or make it unnecessarily cliffhangery

I thought this was a fine episode of Walking Dead. But the meta around the show has gotten so loud that it infringes on the show itself when this fine episode becomes THE EPIC MIDSEASON FINALE DONT MISS A MINUTE STAY TUNED FOR FEAR THE WALKING DEAD FLIGHT BLAH BLAH SPECIAL GUEST CAST MEMBER ON TALKING DEAD AFTER INTO THE BADLANDS DONT FORGET THE 2 MINUTE PROLOGUE TO THE SECOND HALF OF THIS SINGLE SEASON THET PREMIERES IN FEBRUARY DURING THE FIRST COMMERCIAL BREAK OF THE FIFTH EPISODE OF THIS OTHER SHOW.

YEAH....all that was just a little too much to swallow. But what can you do with traditional media? I was getting confused during this part too!

We're the commercial breaks for the first seasons this bad? It's been too long and I don't remember.

I do think the Morgan/Carol thing was the weakest link of the episode. The whole sequence was just so dumb, not even Lennie and Melissa can salvage it.

I knew it was coming, but I teared up a bit with Deanna, goddamit. Fantastic performance, and a badass way to go out. There was some great sound design this episode.

...Aaron, Heath and Spencer were supposed to be in this episode, too. Can we stop cutting out the Aaron scenes, AMC?! God, the size of the cast needs culling.

I also grinned like a crazy person throughout the after-credits sequence. Bring on motherfucking February!
Jesus and Negan, fuck yes!

hokahey

I can't believe the show has caught up to this point in the comics. The TV show is about to get 10x better. Hold on to your dicks.

NYR

I can't believe the show has caught up to this point in the comics. The TV show is about to get 10x better. Hold on to your dicks.

Most TV shows are lucky to get it to 5 seasons, let alone 10+. Walking Dead is not going to be on TV in 2020 and beyond, no need to slow things down.

There wasn't a single thing Deanna has done to make her death worth anything.

She let Rick and his crew into Alexandria and let his folks take pivotal/leadership roles in the community. That counts for something!

Also, she had to be killed off as basically her character has no role to play in the
Neegan story arc
going forward. She becomes an irrelevant character going forward. Better to kill her now before things get too crazy...

Is he cool/does shit actually happen when he comes into the picture?

Negan is what the Governor wanted to be.

Clarity Spoilers:
Negan is the first person post-apocalypse to actually form anything that resembles a state. So, whereas The Governor was just the founder of a town, Negan is the founder of a nation. Complete with an army. Or, in GAF terms, Negan is the head of Gamergate.

...Aaron, Heath and Spencer were supposed to be in this episode, too. Can we stop cutting out the Aaron scenes, AMC?! God, the size of the cast needs culling.

There is speculation going about that the episode was supposed to be 90mins long but AMC didn't go with it as it'd end up cutting into ITB too much. I think it was split in half, it makes sense with the promos and all that, implying stuff to go down that we didn't even see.

Spoilers for episode 8 filming/ episode 9
Furthermore, there is several scenes that were shot when they were filming E08 that didn't make the episode. These aren't just some filler scenes that just might end up deleted extras either - they're huge. These scenes are still most definitely happening but for the longest time were assumed to happen in the MSF

There is speculation going about that the episode was supposed to be 90mins long but AMC didn't go with it as it'd end up cutting into ITB too much. I think it was split in half, it makes sense with the promos and all that, implying stuff to go down that we didn't even see.

Spoilers for episode 8 filming/ episode 9
Furthermore, there is several scenes that were shot when they were filming E08 that didn't make the episode. These aren't just some filler scenes that just might end up deleted extras either - they're huge. These scenes are still most definitely happening but for the longest time were assumed to happen in the MSF

I am sure that TalkingDead might talk about this if the conversation shifts toward the talking about Heath, Aaron, etc.

The Negan name drop was almost as cheesy as the Khan reveal in Star Trek Into Darkness. Both instances only work if you're familiar with the original source material. Otherwise the characters and viewers should just be like, "okay."

dork

Banned
I want to see this show grow a pair like game of thrones.

They should have had maggie not know glen was alive yet. Maggie gets attacked as shes going up that ladder pulled down into a pile of walkers, she looks up as shes dying and sees the balloons. So she dies knowing glen is alive.

also kill anyone under the age of 21, theyre all so annoying and worthless

noquarter

The Negan name drop was almost as cheesy as the Khan reveal in Star Trek Into Darkness. Both instances only work if you're familiar with the original source material. Otherwise the characters and viewers should just be like, "okay."
Yup, my wife and I were both like 'Ok, Neegan is showing up' No idea who that is, but had me tempted to read the spoilers on this thread.

Spencer being the only member of that family presumably still alive. Somehow even more useless than his dead brother that got a bunch of people killed on runs.

Yeah, perhaps worse since Khan's ofcourse been in both the old series and Wrath of Khan.

I was like WTF is Neegan, should I read some spoilers.

I really wonder if they're going to add layers to Negan like they did The Governor. I really hope they make him a fucking monster right from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom