• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha Jason you son of bitch you're right.

That Neegan name drop FELT important even though I have no idea who it is. TWD is amazing this might be the best season and were so late in the shows lifespan.

~Kinggi~

Banned
.... lol fuck this show.

Constant flow of plot induced stupidity on each character...

Yeah honestly with each new episode, if it isnt a character falling in the dumbest way possible its some stupid decision that nobody in their situation would do. I really wasnt feeling this episode.

I really wonder if they're going to add layers to Negan like they did The Governor. I really hope they make him a fucking monster right from the start.

Yeah...I don't think the frequent cursing that Negan does in the comics will make it through to the TV version of this character unfortunately. One of the best aspects of the character IMHO. HE JUST DOESN'T GIVE A F*** about anything.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
++++++++++ "Well.... shit"

What I don't get is when the hell did she get bitten? She fell on top of the zombie(?) and sawblade but AFAIK there was nothing to indicate her being bitten until that moment. Not even a bite-mark on her outfit during their run into Jessie's house.

dustyherb

Yeah...I don't the frequent cursing that Negan does in the comics will make it through to the TV version of this character unfortunately. One of the best aspects of the character IMHO. HE JUST DOESN'T GIVE A F*** about anything.
He might cuss a little more then we think. Theres a video of JDM talking a little about getting the part of Negan and he makes it sound like he's going to maybe get to swear. Maybe the writers have been saving all the fbombs for when Negan shows up. He will definitely never cuss as much as the comics tho. No chance in hell lol.

Bandit1

Hmm where to start.

Felt like there was a ton of commercials. And it really should have been a 90 minute runtime, what a freakin cliffhanger. Actually some things could have been cut, like the Morgan vs. Carol fight. Carol finding the wolf was enough without starting this stuff while the horde is outside. And Morgan better not have broke her neck with that bodyslam. And ugh, Tara. Rosita. Take the shot! Tara was literally popping heads from 30 feet away last episode. With one hand while hanging from a wall.

Anyway, Sam is gonna get people killed. Scenes between Deanna and Rick and Deanna and Michonne were good. Sad to see Deanna go but Rick is in full control now.

Also strange that we saw none of the other Alexandrians besides Deanna, Jessie and her kids, and the doc. I mean where were Heath, Aaron, Spencer, etc?

Oh well, just have to wait till February.

BFIB

Gimple clearly taking time building Negan, got a bad feeling he won't even debut until halfway through the back episodes on the season.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I loved the little easter egg with the Invincible figures in the opening scene. I really need to catch up on that series.

Pretty good episode overall but anti-climactic when you look at it from mid-season finale. I think Daryll should have just ran through them. They would be stupid to shoot a car filled with oil. I wonder if the guy that ran from Daryll is the one that told them about Daryll...

I was really expecting the walker situation to get fixed by this episode to be honest, it feels like it's dragging now that it hasn't. WD is always much better to binge watch then on a weekly basis though. :\

Only real thing that bothers me is Rosita and Tara letting that dude go. Why the fuck would you give him the gun? He could have easily shot all 3 if it wasn't for plot armor after giving him the gun. Ehh

I always laugh whenever a character wastes a bullet on a single zombie in a crowd of thousands. It's like, good going, Rick, that's definitely going to help.

There wasn't a single thing Deanna has done to make her death worth anything. A weak character that was plot fodder for the "main" group.

I absolutely agree with you plot wise, but I thought Tovah Feldshuh's performance was genuinely touching. Gimple did a better job with her character development than her comic counterpart, and I'm glad she didn't go out the same way he did. I'm also pleased there was some interesting character set-up for Michonne with Deanna's death, not just more obligatory set-up for Rick being the leader, which we all knew was going to be the case the millisecond he stepped foot into Alexandria.

But yes, the red shirt status is obviously strong with that one, as with a lot of the Alexandrians. (C'mon, Tobin, hang in there! It's so cool to see Jason Douglas, especially when he does so much VA work. My boy Krieg!)

There is speculation going about that the episode was supposed to be 90mins long but AMC didn't go with it as it'd end up cutting into ITB too much. I think it was split in half, it makes sense with the promos and all that, implying stuff to go down that we didn't even see.

Urgh, that's shit. I know AMC is a cheapskate pain in the ass, but I'm surprised that they are cannibalising their main show so much. Hopefully Episode 9 ends up being 90 minutes.

I'm so glad ITB isn't following TWD here! We got to see the sneak peak immediately after the credits. It's so bloody annoying that we get a 90 min pontificating Morgan episode, but yes, let's cut out other important character development scenes from the mid-season finale! I was skimming TSDF, and really disappointed to see the Father Gabriel scenes cut, because it was good character set-up for him. Instead he was just suddenly... there. Hopefully the Heath/Aaron/Spencer scenes show up in Episode 9, which I'm very much looking forward to for many obvious reasons!

Hopefully next year will answer the eternal question of 'will Eric ever get another line of dialogue?'

I always laugh whenever a character wastes a bullet on a single zombie in a crowd of thousands. It's like, good going, Rick, that's definitely going to help.
You would think that dropping a zombie in a crowd would cause the other shambling corpses to maybe trip over it or something causing a pile-up. But, no, these fuckers always stay on their feet somehow.

Such poor judgment from Morgan, he is officially insane in my opinion and not worth the rescue.

I mean that's like kind of the issue. He was legit insane and not worth the rescue. But Drew Carey's brother saved him anyway.

And that resulted in him being broken in this new way that is still very dangerous to everyone around him, trying to save others the way he was saved.

okay, just watched the episode online
after smoking
and...wow. so,

-really sad to see tovah go. She was probably my favorite character and her acting was outstanding in my opinion. rip queen monroe of alexandria :(

-morgan, the fuck man...I think the thing with him is, maybe he's permanently crazy, and he'll do whatever it takes to defend what he believes in. maybe he's not thinking straight, ya know? and that's why he refused to let carol kill the alpha wolf.

-doctor chick was funny ("you are so full of shit!") and damn, that first scene with her creeped me out, her alone with the wolf. i would've been terrified.

-dammit, at alpha wolf taking the eugene/rosita/tara's groups guns!!! dammit. now they don't have guns.

-i didn't get to see the post credit scene but I heard
negan, daryl, sasha and abe are in it.
is that true?

-holy fucking crap at sam, damn...first off with the opening, what was with that infestation? what was going on there? why was he drawing himself taped to a tree with zombies coming, just like carol said to him to frighten him? why was he so creepy and creeped out the entire episode? and then right there at the end...are we to assume the walkers will draw them in since he kept calling for mom?

-and fucking ron...i don't think he learned his lesson. first of all, was he really gonna draw the gun on carl in the garage? and if so, was it out of pure/stupid hatred or is he becoming delirious and hysterical like his little brother in a more psycho way? perhaps it's all bad blood from the alcoholic father?

sigh...

How the hell are they gonna bring Negan into the TV show? I mean his character is basically throwing f-bombs in every sentences he speaks.

Just watched the episode, and 2 guns + 1 machete beats one fool with a knife. Put a cap in his head, screw doc. You'd keep more people safe that way because Morgan went full moron.

Tabris

OK I'm going to read the comics from #79 which I believe is closest to where we are. Can someone tell me the major differences up to current between the comics and show?

Here's what I know so far:
The following characters don't exist:
- Daryl
- Carol
- Morgan

The following events happened differently:
- Rick lost his arm (how did he lose his arm?)
- Judith died? (how did she die?)

OK I'm going to read the comics from #79 which I believe is closest to where we are. Can someone tell me the major differences up to current between the comics and show?

- Daryl
- Carol
- Morgan

rick only lost a hand, and the governor chopped it off. the reason it hasn't happened on the show, I believe someone in this thread said that kirkman regrets making that happen to rick in the comics.

-judith died at the prison when the governor attacked with a tank. his love interest (chambers I think) shot lori, who was holding judith in her arms.

Just finished the episode. Found it to be pretty middling, and kind of disappointing for a mid-season finale.

Ron and his brother are incredibly annoying, and
it looks like the younger one will screw things up at the start of the next arc.

Morgan and Carol...what the hell?
Morgan's nuts for what he did and for going after Carol.

I honestly won't miss
Tovah. Always kind of found her annoying.

Did anyone else find the sound to be kind of shitty this episode?

- Daryl
- Carol
- Morgan

Comic Spoilers:
Morgan does exist, just doesn't have martial arts in the comic. Carol also exists, but never becomes badass and kills herself at the prison. As for Rick, the Governor cut his arm off. Judith died when Lori died. In the show, she was shot while fleeing the prison and she fell on her baby and crushed it.

Huter

Neo Member

- Daryl
- Carol
- Morgan

If I remember correctly, The Governor cut Rick's arm.
And as of Judith, someone shoot Lori with a shotgun when she was with Judith, thus both died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom