• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorcain

The standoff scene with the wolf was right out of a comedy sketch. Oh shit, he's got a knife, we better drop the guns we have pointed at his head and slide them across the floor. It makes more sense for all 4 of us to die than to risk losing 1.

I can roll with most things, but zombie guts camouflage is like using an OP power-up that grants 100% concealment. They're wearing the equivalent of arts and crafts smocks covered in guts, with their neck and heads totally clean. For that shit to work I want to see them covered head to toe in zombie funk.

You'd think the first thing to do is get on a damn roof. Those zombies can't climb. Leave the kids on the roof there, go get your guns and draw them away.

No, we are going to grab a baby and a 6 year old or something and walk straight through a hundred zombies. Even if the kid doesn't lose it, Judith or whatever will start crying and you're done.

I also like how everyone just goes into a house and is like "well, now we wait." How many times have you done this stuff. A magical storm isn't coming by twice to save your ass this time.

sörine

Banned
Sasha's fulfilling half of that role. She's a sharp shooter along with apparently tara but
she ain't a love interest for rick. I want Jessie to croak so rick hooks up with michonne
I think what you want is going to happen. Deanna emphasizing to Michonne "what do YOU want" will get that ball rolling again.

I also hope that (comic spoilers)
after War Michonne is chosen as eventual leader of Alexandria over Rick

KorrZ

Just watched the finale and all I can say is that it was horrible. What the hell was that? Terrible ending and no build up whatsoever to get you pumped for the season to return.

Isn't that what all of the drama episodes are for leading up to the finale? So that we can actually have something bombastic to end on? Fuck that was lame as hell and I'm pissed off lol.

Why do people even trust Rick anymore? Everything he touches turns to shit. These Alexandrians were perfectly happy until Rick arrived and the carnival of stupid began.

Just watched the finale and all I can say is that it was horrible. What the hell was that? Terrible ending and no build up whatsoever to get you pumped for the season to return.

Isn't that what all of the drama episodes are for leading up to the finale? So that we can actually have something bombastic to end on? Fuck that was lame as hell and I'm pissed off lol.

I thought it did its job. They spent 7 episodes building up to the herd breaching the walls, and then spent an episode dealing with the consequence. They can now come back from mid-season and move on in a significant way. If they tried to add too much in this episode, it would have ruined the build up seen in 1-7

Did you miss the post credits scene?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6i0xd7Ksuc

KorrZ

I thought it did its job. They spent 7 episodes building up to the herd breaching the walls, and then spent an episode dealing with the consequence. They can now come back from mid-season and move on in a significant way. If they tried to add too much in this episode, it would have ruined the build up seen in 1-7

Did you miss the post credits scene?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6i0xd7Ksuc

The post credits scene is cool but only because I see people here hyping up Neagan, as someone who hasn't read the comics it doesn't mean anything to me outside of that.

Why do people even trust Rick anymore? Everything he touches turns to shit. These Alexandrians were perfectly happy until Rick arrived and the carnival of stupid began.
because literally all of them would be aimless and dead without Rick's leadership. When you're a big group ambitiously trying to start a life (like in the prison or alexandria) you're inevitably going to run into goddamn crazies who want the same thing or just want you to not have it.

People constantly attribute negative things happening to Rick's existence but all of these things were things that were going to happen sooner or later. The fact that there aren't more casualties or any of them have a sense of family and so on and so forth is all Rick. No body else is willing to step up, and they've tried. But when shit hits the fan they all look to him. He's the ultimate survivor. He is willing to do absolutely anything in life for his family, including biting a mans throat out.

Just because you all think you're geniuses and would make the best decisions on the planet doesn't mean it's true. Literally the entire cast would be dead or aimlessly roaming the wilderness soon to be dead with no meaning in life whatsoever. Those alexandrians would have been slaughtered and no one there to see it. That's the only difference rick not being there would cause.

The post credits scene is cool but only because I see people here hyping up Neagan, as someone who hasn't read the comics it doesn't mean anything to me outside of that.
it's just fan service in the end. For comic readers it's great, for show watchers it's just a hint that there is something on the horizon.

dustyherb

Ya but what would've happened if a group like the wolves showed up and Rick and the gang wasn't there? It was only a matter of time before shit the fan and the Alexandrians are lucky Rick's group was there when it did happen. Rick didn't cause half the herd to break off, and it's not his fault that the wolves showed up.

I feel like that's not a myopic way of looking at it. His leadership and survival skills are in a league of their own, imo. He's honestly always right by this point, and it's just others dragging him.

im actually ready for someone to call him out on that tbh

??? Have you seen the last few episodes?

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Has Andrew Lincon been recognized or awarded/nominated (note worthy awards) for any on his work on Walking Dead?

He is so fucking badass as Rick. I wouldnt even watch the show if it weren't for him. Great actor.

border

What exactly happened with the post-credits scene?

Did AMC just forget to air it, even after telling people to stay tuned on Twitter?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
What exactly happened with the post-credits scene?

Did AMC just forget to air it, even after telling people to stay tuned on Twitter?

Played during the first commercial break of Into the Badlands, I think. I didn't watch it live, so not sure.

ItIsOkBro

If I'd have known this is the character Morgas was going to be then I never would have wanted him back. What an all around terrible drama CarolXMorgan thing has been. I wish she killed him.

Darksol

I felt like the entire season was building to this, and while the episode was interesting, I was still pretty let down. Oh well. See you all in February!

If I'd have known this is the character Morgas was going to be then I never would have wanted him back. What an all around terrible drama CarolXMorgan thing has been. I wish she killed him.

Seriously, I thought there was gonna be huge drama between Rick and Morgan for a good part of the season due to how they view the world and life at this point.

But nope, nothing other than Morgan going "but we can't kiiiiiiiiiiiiiil, it's baaaaaaaaaad." and some concerned looks over at people when they do kill.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok

If they hadn't been killed by the Wolves, they would have been killed by the quarry zombie herd by now. The whole reason they had to deal with that herd was they were about to escape and were "pointed" at Alexandria.

If they hadn't been killed by the Wolves, they would have been killed by the quarry zombie herd by now. The whole reason they had to deal with that herd was they were about to escape and were "pointed" at Alexandria.

How exactly would the quarry herd get to them when it was basically closed off and only letting out some zombies at a time? I don't understand why they didn't just try to get a bunch of gas tankers (which a different zombie show, We're Alive actually did to wipe out a zombie stronghold) and drive them into the pit and light the entire thing on fire would have cleared out thousands of zeds at the very least.

I saw no indication that the herd was on the verge of breaking loose.

dustyherb

How exactly would the quarry herd get to them when it was basically closed off and only letting out some zombies at a time? I don't understand why they didn't just try to get a bunch of gas tankers (which a different zombie show, We're Alive actually did to wipe out a zombie stronghold) and drive them into the pit and light the entire thing on fire would have cleared out thousands of zeds at the very least.

Except for the fact that it broke loose in the very first episode in the first like 5 min or whatever. The truck gave away and fell off the cliff when they were doing the test run.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok

The truck that was holding them in fell off the cliff (or rather the cliff crumbled underneath it).

The herd basically broke loose while the crew was there watching it happen, so they had to execute their plan on the spot (Rick: "We do this right now!").

Rick's crew didn't do actually anything that released all of them faster. Indeed, if they had left action any later they would have been in a worse position.

MisterHero

Abraham should've fired a rocket at the biker gang. Rick's group doesn't care for sinister-looking strangers no more.

I was relieved to see Carol acting natural again. 1) Her threatening Sam, 2) pretending to be invisible, 3) threatening Pete, 4) talking to Rick about overthrowing Alexandria earlier in the season,all made her resemble a sociopath. Goddamn I was rooting for her to beat the crap out of Morgan.

SMH Morgan

sörine;187335744 said:
I think what you want is going to happen. Deanna emphasizing to Michonne "what do YOU want" will get that ball rolling again.

I also hope that (comic spoilers)
after War Michonne is chosen as eventual leader of Alexandria over Rick
image.php
yes!
Abraham should've fired a rocket at the biker gang. Rick's groups doesn't care for sinister-looking strangers no more.

I was relieved to see Carol acting natural again. 1) Her threatening Sam, 2) pretending to be invisible, 3) threatening Pete, 4) talking to Rick about overthrowing Alexandria earlier in the season,all made her resemble a sociopath. Goddamn I was rooting for her to beat the crap out of Morgan.

SMH Morgan
yeah, I have to admit carol was pissing me off at the end of last season and earlier this season. but I want to say her heart is in the right place. even though she still does and thinks some fucked shit sometimes.

TehPabz

So you're saying Rick is the Doctor from Dr who? Cuz every time a doctor goes anywhere shit goes down.

someday

Banned
AMC is doing another zombie show outside of Walking Dead, correct? Wes Craven?
Really? That would be great but only if it isn't tied to TWD at all, especially the writing staff and Kirkman's universe. Fear suffers from the same shortcomings already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom