• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit - I was buzzed as hell when watching this and I still understood the black and white. Fuck people are stupid.

I thought they underestimated the audience's intelligence, too, but as the episode went on and the flashbacks because shorter and shorter, I can see how it would be kind of confusing knowing which parts were flashbacks and which weren't. There were a few really brief scenes that would have difficult to immediately place if it weren't for the filter, I though.=t.

How was it a bad plan. It almost went perfectly if someone didn't sabotage it in the end.

Not sure what other idea would have worked to get rid of those walkers.

Well yeah I guess they didn't account for somebody fucking them over. And don't forget that it was just supposed to be a researsel that got turned real.

I really don't see another solution. Gimme a better idea.

pestul

The only plan that would make sense to me would be to walk them over a f'ing cliff and into the ocean.. this.. not so good.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I like their plan better than other ones suggested. If a herd of flaming zombies veers off the wrong way, they're going to burn down the forest and possibly the town with them. Plus if they're on fire, they can't take them down quietly up close. They'd have to use a gun, which would attract more.

Even if you were going to do that, the trailer fell while they were doing a test run. That means you'd have horde on you no matter what you're plan is.

I think the ship sailed on any plan that involves trying to kill so many of them at once.

The concept of roaming herds with tens of thousands of walkers that just keeps growing and growing is the most horrifying thing I've seen the comic or show do.

Volimar

I feel like you're all missing the obvious solution.

PN8hGxg.gif

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I really wanted to like this episode but it was almost as bad as fear the walking dead.

cacildo

Well, they finally made the show interesting

The zombies walking got tiresome after some time. But even so it was a decent episode

Because stuff (& things) happened

The worst episodes are when they keep talking about EMOTIONS and FEELINGS with an ocasional zombie kill

The best are when they actually have interesting ideas to survive a zombie world

GavinGT

Banned
They mentioned that even if they build up the defences, the noise of the walkers would just attract more, and the dynamite is rather risky, and would again, attract more walkers.

But isn't sound the whole reason the zombies are gathered in the quarry in the first place? I don't see how that's a downside.

Sadist

Nice opening. Some observations

- Morgan with the stares; good to have a good guy on the show again.
- I respect the hair work! Eugene is great. Social awkwardness 101
- I can hel- NO YOU CAN'T GABRIEL FUCK OFF
- That zombie took a nice bite out of Carter. Rekt.
- Rick with the no fucks given action.
- Leading so many zombies away... not a sensible plan.
- Especially if someone is fucking it up in camp.

Going to be interesting.

Mimosa97

This " Rick is turning into a bloodthirsty tyran ... or maybe not " shtick is really getting old.

I thought the episode was okay and I'm glad Morgan is back but man I can't stand Rick anymore.

someday

Banned
does anyone besides me feel like carl's actor is growing faster than his character is supposed to be?look how easily the plan got fucked.
He definitely is but I don't really see what an alternative could be besides getting a different actor. The kid is Carl now though so I'm more than willing to ignore that he's aging normally even though only maybe 2 years have passed in the series.
But isn't sound the whole reason the zombies are gathered in the quarry in the first place? I don't see how that's a downside.
Good point. Rick even says that this quarry is probably the only reason Alexandria is still around.

This " Rick is turning into a bloodthirsty tyran ... or maybe not " shtick is really getting old.

I thought the episode was okay and I'm glad Morgan is back but man I can't stand Rick anymore.

I didnt get thatbat all. Its Morgan realizing he doesnt like Ricks methods but he understands the necessity of them. I dont think were rehashing last season. This is everyone else catching up and getting with the program.

He definitely is but I don't really see what an alternative could be besides getting a different actor. The kid is Carl now though so I'm more than willing to ignore that he's aging normally even though only maybe 2 years have passed in the series.

Good point. Rick even says that this quarry is probably the only reason Alexandria is still around.
The whole point of the plan was that the obstructions keeping the zombies in could open up at any moment so they didn't want to leave the walkers there

Sure, the quarry had been keeping Alexandria safe, but for how much longer?

I didnt get thatbat all. Its Morgan realizing he doesnt like Ricks methods but he understands the necessity of them. I dont think were rehashing last season. This is everyone else catching up and getting with the program.
Rick needs to whip out the Dark Knight two-face quotes to morgan

"You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time. You were wrong."

No, this was invented for the show.
as were the wolves, yeah?
yeah. this is a common problem for anyone casting a kid in a kid character role. they always grow faster than they intend the character (to be told).

chandler riggs is pretty much a young man now but carl in the comics by the time they get to alexandria is like, 12?

eso76

He definitely is but I don't really see what an alternative could be besides getting a different actor.

Well..I can think of another..

Build taller walls around the quarry.

Build barriers. Heck, the way out is so narrow a truck can block it, so just build multiple barriers on it in case (when) the truck falls off the cliff.

Build barriers to funnel more zombies into the quarry.
And when it's full of zombies to capacity, lock them, or spray them with gas or alcohol and set them on fire.

But actually, since zombies basically move like fluids, dig more quarries or build funnels to trap them.

Well..I can think of another..

Build taller walls around the quarry.

Build barriers. Heck, the way out is so narrow a truck can block it, so just build multiple barriers on it in case (when) the truck falls off the cliff.

Build barriers to funnel more zombies into the quarry.
And when it's full of zombies to capacity, lock them, or spray them with gas or alcohol and set them on fire.

But actually, since zombies basically move like fluids, dig more quarries or build funnels to trap them.
all these other plans people keep posting are terrible

they carry too much risk and chance. When you take chances all it takes is one time, one event, one storm like rick said, one barrier to give in, etc...and then it's all gone. At least his plan would take them far far away from alexandria.

I've seen some fire suggestions and I have to admit it was the first thing that came to my mind too, but I can see multiple problems with a plan like that.

jett

D-Member
Random black dude replacement outta nowhere. The way this show handles black characters is hilarious.

Did Pete's older son also show up outta nowhere? I only remember the little kid last season.

BTW did Abraham's girlfriend die? I don't remember.

mujun

I like their plan better than other ones suggested. If a herd of flaming zombies veers off the wrong way, they're going to burn down the forest and possibly the town with them. Plus if they're on fire, they can't take them down quietly up close. They'd have to use a gun, which would attract more.

Even if you were going to do that, the trailer fell while they were doing a test run. That means you'd have horde on you no matter what you're plan is.

I think the ship sailed on any plan that involves trying to kill so many of them at once.

The concept of roaming herds with tens of thousands of walkers that just keeps growing and growing is the most horrifying thing I've seen the comic or show do.

How long does it take a body to burn down to bones? I'm guessing not that long. Not to mention that it would affect their ability to move pretty quickly making them even less of a threat in terms of mobility.

The quarry is pretty much all dirt and rock, not much chance of the fire spreading from there.

I've seen the photos of burnt zombies but can someone offer an explanation as to why their flesh wouldn't burn up in no time seeing as it looks damned flammable to me.

MaddenNFL64

I'm a little saddened that some people didn't understand the flashback dynamic leading up to current events. It's not a new technique of storytelling after all.

Also dealing with walker hordes is not simple. Getting them to roam miles away from your home is a tactic you will employ when gasoline, or any flammable liquids are rare, and you don't have an infinite supply of bullets.

Does nobody read what has been posted already about burning the zombies? In the last page we all saw the images posted and quoted. They burn for a bit and then they are turned into crispy zombies. If you saw the Dawn of The Dead remake, the gun store owner tried it and all it did was make him hungry for some bbq.

They have limited supplies so there would be no point in blocking/walling the zombies in the quarry. They could reinforce Alexandria but it would be inevitable since there are so many zombies and they would all just bust through the reinforced walls.

The plan was good. I just think Rick wasn't planning on somebody betraying them since he showed so much power in his leadership.

rjinaz

I think the older son was one of the kids who showed Carl around and introduced him to Enid.

Right. I remember the scene where the blonde asked Rick if it was ok for Carl to come over and meet her son. He wasn't seen much after that room scene.

CorvoSol

I'm sort of of the opinion that Rick's plan being reckless and foolish was the point. Hence all the talk between Abraham and Sasha about 'living.' The team's almost gotten addicted to the fight now.

At least the plan was more aggressive than Rick's old 'why don't i depend on a chainlink fence to keep a horde of the undead at bay?'

He really ought to listen to Morgan though. The only survival option is getting clear. Gotta get everything clear. Since the magic that revives the dead apparently sustains them in mobility for over a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom