• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasmid

Couldn't help but think of Theons Season 2 speech "I WILL KILL THAT FUCKING HORN MAN!"

Great start. Morgan's unapproving stares are hilarious.

neoism

Damn, I did not expect Ethan Embry to go so soon.

aint gonna lie he seemed like a sweet guy, on talking dead but ive never liked his acting, lol and watching season 5 allll day i seen the preview commercial fucking 100 times lol, and he was annoy before the first ep aired..:p

border

How is a fire going to spread on a Quarry? its nothing but dirt and more dirt and some machines. Unless you have a drone or a rc car that can drag gas everywhere the fire isn't going to catch and become big enough for that.
There's 10,000 walkers in the quarry, all packed together tight. Catch a few big groups together and fire would spread from each one to another....particularly if you assume that fire would not immediately kill or cripple them .

Zoe

aint gonna lie he seemed like a sweet guy, on talking dead but ive never liked his acting, lol and watching season 5 allll day i seen the preview commercial fucking 100 times lol, and he was annoy before the first ep aired..:p

I was a fan of him as a child actor, but he never caught on. Doesn't help that he looks 10-20 years older than he really is :p

Ahh, missed you, Walking Dead. Really enjoyed the premire, can't wait until next week.

Morgan's 'friend'
better be Jesus, or the character is going to feel a tad superfluous when he shows up because of what they've done with Morgan's character

There's 10,000 walkers in the quarry, all packed together tight. Catch a few big groups together and fire would spread from each one to another....particularly if you assume that fire would not immediately kill or cripple them .
I think the sheer size would make fire unfeasible. It's just too big. The fire wouldn't spread that far. Even if you somehow burned 50%, you're still dealing with thousands of walkers...plus a few thousand more flaming walkers.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

Agree, idiots.

Also wouldn't fire attach more walker. They have no sense. They would just walk right in.

Ahh, missed you, Walking Dead. Really enjoyed the premire, can't wait until next week.

Morgan's 'friend'
better be Jesus, or the character is going to feel a tad superfluous when he shows up because of what they've done with Morgan's character
Morgans friend
latest

With Daryl's unlimited fuel I'm surprised they didn't burn them. They could just keep showering them with fuel
The black and white was distracting. they could have gone creative on showing past and present.
Hopefully episode 2 is more interesting.

Rick vs Morgan = Civil War

Jobbs

Banned
For some reason I'm only first noticing that Sasha is super super good looking. Never thought about it much until now.

Bandit1

I'm not sure I liked the structure of the episode. The black and white seemed gratuitous, and I would rather have had the season pick up directly where the show left off as there was plenty to work with. Rick and Morgan's reunion, burying Reggie and Pete, discovering the quarry of walkers, and thwarting Carter's conspiracy, which all occurred in black and white, could have very well made up the premiere and been a little more fleshed out.

Also Aaron being completely absent from the episode felt strange, considering he had been with Morgan and Daryl and saw Rick shoot Pete.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I've thought about this and (Comic Spoilers)
considering that his primary quality is being an opposing force against Rick's rise to power in Alexandria, he could be taking on the roles of Nicholas and Spencer from the comics in that aspect. It's somewhat peculiar considering Nicholas is even more of an asshat in the show and he seemed primed to continue being a nuisance but both of those characters attempted to orchestrate coups against Rick in the comics. Looking at this part of the Comic Con trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va1UPrFXHKA&t=2m51s I think Rick is pointing his gun at Carter in a recreation of this scene from the Issue 89: http://i.imgur.com/Ks1S8hG.png.

You nailed it! :D

It has the highest ratings of a first season in history
second to Empire, IIRC.

Across all of TV, Fear the Walking Dead ranks as the No. 3 freshman scripted series starter season in the 18-49 demo, behind only Fox’s Empire and NBC’s first iteration of Heroes, since Nielsen began reporting L+3 in the 2006-2007 TV season.

Leeness

Great start!

Who's laying into the horn?

Thoughts on that:
Either the Wolves, or maybe Enid (there was a shot of her in a car in the second episode trailer)?

SamuraiX-

Content Roundup – Episode 601: “First Time Again”

9C3qdhI.jpg

AMC Inside The Walking Dead:
  • The Making of Episode 601, “First Time Again” - AMC
  • Inside Episode 601: “First Time Again” - AMC
  • Preview of Episode 602, “JSS” - AMC | International
  • Sneak Peek of Episode 602, “JSS” - AMC | International
Producer & Cast Interviews:
Critic Reviews:
Talking Dead’s Inside The Dead:
  • Fans of the comic will recognize Heath from the Walking Dead graphic novels. Actor Corey Hawkins recently played Dr. Dre in the movie “Straight Outta Compton.”
  • Sasha and Abraham's car was previously used by Aaron for his recruiting missions. In the script, it is referred to as the “Astoundingly Ugly Car.”
  • Andrew Lincoln says Season 6 is going to be big, brave, and ambitious. As for Rick? “He's not taking any $#!T from anybody.”

PLEASE SPOILER TAG ALL PREVIEW/PROMO AND GRAPHIC NOVEL DISCUSSION. REVIEW THE OP FOR COMPLETE THREAD RULES ON SPOILERS.

SamuraiX-

Really enjoyed the premiere. Love the non-linear style Gimple went for here. It felt like there was 2-3 episodes worth of content packed into one. Shit also went from 0 to 100 in no seconds flat. Already getting a picture in my head how these first 8 episodes will be laid out along with the pacing for the back half and I'm liking it. I'm liking it a lot.

You nailed it! :D

I thought there would be so much more to him though! LOL Gimple was sort of hyping him up as someone who'd drive a lot of plot points and then he just gets taken out in the first episode. That legit shook me. hah

Feel bad for Embry. Apparently he auditioned for the show a few times in the past too and now he finally gets a part just to get taken out by an immobilized walker.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I wasn't a big fan of the black and white flashbacks. I get that it was an homage to the comics and helped to differentiate from the future scenes, but I feel like they should have saved it for an episode where the flashbacks didn't comprise the majority of the episode.

Other than that, I thought it was a pretty good start to the season.

I thought there would be so much more to him though! LOL Gimple was sort of hyping him up as someone who'd drive a lot of plot points and then he just gets taken out in the first episode. That legit shook me. hah

Yeah, they made a whole deal of announcing his character and talking him up in interviews and then he just up and dies in the first episode, lol.

Feel bad for Embry. Apparently he auditioned for the show a few times in the past too and now he finally gets a part just to get taken out by an immobilized walker.

Poor dude :p

jond76

Banned
I'm not sure I liked the structure of the episode. The black and white seemed gratuitous, and I would rather have had the season pick up directly where the show left off as there was plenty to work with. Rick and Morgan's reunion, burying Reggie and Pete, discovering the quarry of walkers, and thwarting Carter's conspiracy, which all occurred in black and white, could have very well made up the premiere and been a little more fleshed out.

Also Aaron being completely absent from the episode felt strange, considering he had been with Morgan and Daryl and saw Rick shoot Pete.

I'm certain I saw Aaron in the meeting scene where Carter objects to the plan.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Rarely do shows get better with age, I'm pretty sure The Walking Dead is a rare example of a show getting better as it went on. I've enjoyed this show way more since Gimple became showrunner.

Aaron was at the meeting with Eric, and then they were both digging at the work site when the gang was putting up the fence. That being said, it was weird Aaron didn't say anything at the meeting - I was surprised he didn't volunteer to go with Rick & co. It looks like we get a lot more of him next episode, which is good.

Rarely do shows get better with age, I'm pretty sure The Walking Dead is a rare example of a show getting better as it went on. I've enjoyed this show way more since Gimple became showrunner.

Yeah I gave up on the show around when the governer died. Recently caught up and I enjoyed season 5 immensely.

A case of abused becoming the abuser?

Her development has been incredibly interesting whatever way you look at it.

Yeah her arc is one of (if not) the best on the show. When the show first started it seemed like her character would always be a victim, but seeing her now she's a cunning and manipulative killer.

strafer

That was a great premiere. Didn't like the black and white though, hope it was only for the premiere.

Also, did we ever find out what happened to Morgans son?

That was a great premiere. Didn't like the black and white though, hope it was only for the premiere.

Also, did we ever find out what happened to Morgans son?

Died off-screen most likely. I think Morgan could't bring it in himself to kill his wife and the wife bit Duane.

Bandit1

I'm certain I saw Aaron in the meeting scene where Carter objects to the plan.

Aaron was at the meeting with Eric, and then they were both digging at the work site when the gang was putting up the fence. That being said, it was weird Aaron didn't say anything at the meeting - I was surprised he didn't volunteer to go with Rick & co. It looks like we get a lot more of him next episode, which is good.

Okay, must have missed him. But yeah, strange he didn't speak up at the meeting.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Yawn.

This was the weakest season opener by far. Rubbing pacing, mainly due to the format they worked with. Hoping they don't have these black and white flashbacks in the future episodes. Killed whatever tension there could have been because of the constant cutbacks. All the walker sequences fell flat too.

Is there any word if this new format's going to move forward with the future episodes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom