• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai101

Banned
personally I think it was cause it could've been more tense if
Terra and Eugene were actually doing something instead of just staring at Denise operating and giving her motivation
and it would have been more fleshed out if they just showed more of what was happening instead of cutting back to the action

Who is Terra?

UberTag

Who is Terra?
TerraSprite_zps00ab67f5.png

I like this game...

tumblr_nklotwvtp31slin46o1_400.gif

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
‘Walking Dead’ Ratings Surge In Week 2 Live + 3 Results

Compared to its Live + SD results for the October 18 “LSS” episode, the delayed viewing numbers were up 40% in total audience and 41% in the key demo.

With 17.085 million total viewers and 11.068 million among adults in Live + 3 ratings, the second week of Season 6 of TWD is seeing near record rises, which shows what its viewership’s habits are when sports are on. TWD also easily remains the top show on TV.

This Sundays epi is 90 min?

Episode 4 = 90mins

Small spoiler on what the episode is about
When filming was going on this was a big mystery, they didn't shoot it until really late. We know that the main focus of it is Morgan and how he went from master of crazies to the zen-master he is now.

Man, is AMC opening up the purse strings a bit more this season? Most zombies ever, a 90 minute episode that isn't a premiere or finale, etc.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Man, is AMC opening up the purse strings a bit more this season? Most zombies ever, a 90 minute episode that isn't a premiere or finale, etc.

Its actually a little strange cause i felt Fear the Walking Dead had a much bigger production than the main series has had. They did seem to increase the budget though for the main series. I think the main series has so many actors thats where the money goes.

eFKac

I knew people were going to love this episode, because it was one of the worst episodes so far in this series. Was there a gas leak on set? Did they throw a contest for a walk on role as the random nurse girl that does nothing? Did all the actors of Waterworld universal studios get free jobs as Wolves for this episode?

It was so odd, weirdly paced, out of place, phoned in.

Jesus, I think it might have been the worst episode in the series so far. I couldn't belive it's not a parody.

So much cringe in the hostipal scenes, fucking dreadful "acting", the guy playing son of the mayor should really look for a new proffesion, all those long, silent stare shots, ughh. Carol being more grotesque than ever, channeling all major Ubisoft protagonists from Altair to Aiden Pierce.

And of course the enemies, so much personality, a bunch of crazies but love to kneel and chop their victims to pieces, so good.

This show was good some time ago :-(

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Thank You

A return home doesn't go as expected.

The episode was written by Angela Kang (who last wrote 5.08 'Coda', the one where Beth dies) and was directed by Michael Slovis (Breaking Bad, Rubicon, Game of Thrones), who is making his Walking Dead debut.

The guest stars on Talking Dead are:

Yvette Nicole Brown (Community)
Damon Lindelof (Lost, The Leftovers)

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
New episode tonight!

The episode was written by Angela Kang (who last wrote 5.08 'Coda', the one where Beth dies) and was directed by Michael Slovis (Breaking Bad, Rubicon, Game of Thrones), who is making his Walking Dead debut.

Has Angela Kang written any other episodes? Because the Beth dying episode is probably the worst episode in the entire walking dead.

UberTag

It won't be the same having Yvette on Talking Dead without her running buddy, CM Punk.

cm-punk-yvette-nicole-brown-talking-dead.jpg

Hopefully they find room to add a third guest onto tonight's panel.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Has Angela Kang written any other episodes? Because the Beth dying episode is probably the worst episode in the entire walking dead.

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angela_Kang , she has a decent set of episodes. I'd say most of hers are heavy on characterization, like "Secrets" from Season 2, "I Ain't a Judas" from Season 3, "Infected" and "Still" from Season 4. I'd honestly give her a pass on "Coda." They probably wanted a death for the midseason finale, and had been building up Beth for the last season.

Plus, it looks like she was co-writer on two of my favorite episodes "A" and "Four Walls and a Roof."

Jesus, I think it might have been the worst episode in the series so far. I couldn't belive it's not a parody.

So much cringe in the hostipal scenes, fucking dreadful "acting", the guy playing son of the mayor should really look for a new proffesion, all those long, silent stare shots, ughh. Carol being more grotesque than ever, channeling all major Ubisoft protagonists from Altair to Aiden Pierce.

And of course the enemies, so much personality, a bunch of crazies but love to kneel and chop their victims to pieces, so good.

This show was good some time ago :-(

I knew people were going to love this episode, because it was one of the worst episodes so far in this series. Was there a gas leak on set? Did they throw a contest for a walk on role as the random nurse girl that does nothing? Did all the actors of Waterworld universal studios get free jobs as Wolves for this episode?

It was so odd, weirdly paced, out of place, phoned in.

Was this posted from an alternate dimension?

SamuraiX-

Yeah, Angela Kang seems to be a lot of hit or miss with her writing.

I'm more excited about this supposedly high profile director they brought in for this episode.

Just saw the episode today and man The Walking Dead has been on fire this season. Really awesome stuff so far, way better than Seasons 4 and 5 for me. It was nice taking a break from Rick and the gang to see how the other side of the coin is operating, especially with the last episode where everything was super on edge.

Carol continues to be even more incredible, I'm super invested in Carl's love triangle, and I didn't mind Morgan's Batman shenanigans thing. I can't blame him for trying to do the right thing. Also Eugene continues to be adorable in his weird useless kind of way!

I'm a little anxious about Jessie's character, though. I really hope they don't just make her a carbon copy of Carol with the abusive spouse origin story and then turning into a ruthless heartless badass. A better variety of permanent characters who aren't completely super efficient at everything would make me happier!

Yup, great episode.

Huh. I didn't realize that Carol was originally going to die instead of T-Dog...

I like T-Dog... But damn, Carol has become so awesome that his sacrifice wasn't in vain.

Seriously, Carol is becoming my favorite character in the show.

Agreed, she's awesome.

8ywvwmC.gif

Love this show but I don't think we'll see anything this amazing again.

That was so good.

Everything about it, Morgan facing him off and then the Carol surprise.

ViciousDS

Banned
Nicholas being controlled by the wolves? Remember last week they said they didn't have a choice. Maybe Nicholas is the one planted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom