• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but we all know how they like to basically save big deaths for mid season and season ending episodes.

So they took one of the most iconic moments of the comics and split it in two so they made sure people asks #WhoIsIt for six months

pfft 6 months
id bet money this month or next the whole internet will know who it is
and if its someone like Aaron i hope it spreads like wildfire and AMC gets caught with their pants down

They essentially built a half season building this "Negan" figure and at the apex of fucking everything, in arguably the most iconic comic scene they're basically like "save your emotions for next season"

What's worse is that it could totally be a C or B tier character dying to Lucille now.

This is awful. Now it can't be a major character, they are not going to kill a major off screen. All of a sudden you start next season and a main character is dead on the ground. NOpe. It's total bullshit every little bit of tension and shock is gone now. Casting will ruin the surprise, it's the same shit as GoT. You don't do this, ever. Bullshit.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is Twitter going apeshit yet?

Apparently. I don't mind them killing off the character, but not stating who it is is just a shitty cliff-hanger. They should've made a mold of that character and then had Jeff Dean Morgan beat the hell out of that mold for the complete shock and horror factor of waiting seven months.

The showrunner has this tendency to do this shit and have it hang for a while with a lame-payoff. If the opening next season isn't the above of the person being beaten to death, it's gonna be lame.

This season will be remembered as the best but with the obsession with cliffhangers significantly reducing its potential. I thought it was a great episode, last shot aside, but I will go back to the comics unless reviews for season 7 change me around. Who knows if the decision was the network's or Gimple's, it was terrible and badly justified.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I always say this, but this offseason I'm gonna try and get into the comics. Looking for a sweet deal

The Compendium go for $35 each on Amazon. I think Season 6 ends on Compendium 2 or close to it. I am going to follow along with them for next season as well. The differences make it worth it in my opinion to read it. I would not say it is better than the show...maybe it some places, not others.

I'm surprised no one is commenting on how cheesy those blood effects looked.

Bigger fish to fry, just remember this is the show that had spaghetti splash on screen when someone got capped for fake tension

Remember everyone, AMC canned Frank Darabont who turned out to really be the only person who wanted to do cool original ideas, AMC never wanted a good show, they simply wanted a money maker.

Everyone needs to be very happy that AMC didn't have full ownership of Breaking Bad, that would have been one of the worse heartbreaks ever of having such a great show go to complete shit.

God, this show is so afraid to kill off one of the big dogs. Perfect half season of setting things up, building up the arrogance of the Ricktatorship....all for nothing. The hype is drained and won't be nearly the same in October.

It would have been badass to see it now but I think the tension will still be there since season premieres are huge.

Sounds like they already filmed who it is.

BriGuy

The writers probably haven't even decided yet (pending contract negotiations I'm sure). They'll also probably film multiple takes with different victims just so it doesn't leak beforehand.

I know who's supposed to die, but the show already has multiple people hanging around that are canonically dead already, so all bets are off.

I kind of hope FtWD gets punished for it next week.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Amazing, amazing season. Best one so far.

----

Huge comic spoiler question

Is Negan still alive in the comics, or has Rick and co beaten him?

Super Mega Ultra Comic Spoilers up to the most recent issue.
Rick beats him (think the final fight at the end of Lethal Weapon) and decides to spare him and keeps him in jail. I suspect the show will do the same using the jail that Morgan built. There is a time skip, and at the moment Negan has escaped. They're also dealing with a whole different shade of fucked up group called The Whisperers.

Right now the show is in the lead up to the All Out War arc.

Can I get seasons 2-4 back? You know, when characters (including ones the audience even cared about) would be killed without endless bullshit first? And we had actual throughput?

UGH.

So they haven't finished the scene yet ?

They did. That's what she was saying. It was hard to watch it. Gimple that's such bad form. What a jerk to do this to everyone.

Let's play this out. Next season starts but how? We are already expecting a death so it won't be shocking or enthralling at this point. No where near the emotions the episode built tonight. Or it's a flash forward to start the season and we basically get to see what happened in some kind of flashback would will be even worse.

As a creator or entertainment myself, it's not very often you get an audience on the edge of their seat. The writers built so much tension and simply fucked it up. So extremely disappointing. I just do not understand the logic.

TWD Season 7: Deflategate

Manu

They could still do this in the season premier.

It won't be the same.

Comic spoilers (no names):
In the comic, the character who gets Lucille'd takes the first hit and their eye pops out, while everyone watches in horror Negan asks "are you ok buddy? Your eye popped out, it's fucking gross." Then Negan says the "taking it like a champ" line.

Then the victim tries to speak, then gets their jaw destroyed by another hit while everyone around is crying. They finally try to crawl away from Negan, who finishes them off with a dozen hits. The whole thing is long and drawn out.

In the series, the whole thing took like five seconds.

-griffy-

Banned
This Talking Dead is so fucking weird and awkward. You can practically feel the audience being pissed off or something. It's silent. Gimple and co are weirdly stilted. Think they know they fucked up.

Yeah, because then we'd have 6 months to mentally prepare for what kind of destruction would happen to said person's face.
either way it should've all been done in this finale. fuck.
Bigger fish to fry, just remember this is the show that had spaghetti splash on screen when someone got capped for fake tension

Remember everyone, AMC canned Frank Darabont who turned out to really be the only person who wanted to do cool original ideas, AMC never wanted a good show, they simply wanted a money maker.

Everyone needs to be very happy that AMC didn't have full ownership of Breaking Bad, that would have been one of the worse heartbreaks ever of having such a great show go to complete shit.
they didn't own BB? who did they co own it with?

Red Mage

That was so corny. Someone needs to make a gif of the POV and when it fades to black, have Save, Load, and Main Menu pop up.

Aequitas

It won't be the same.

Comic spoilers (no names):
In the comic, the character who gets Lucille'd takes the first hit and their eye pops out, while everyone watches in horror Negan asks "are you ok buddy? Your eye popped out, it's fucking gross." Then Negan says the "taking it like a champ" line.

Then the victim tries to speak, then gets their jaw destroyed by another hit while everyone around is crying. They finally try to crawl away from Negan, who finishes them off with a dozen hits. The whole thing is long and drawn out.

In the series, the whole thing took like five seconds.

This is what saddens me the most. They took one of the most memorable moments from the comics and completely ruined it. I still remember
the eye popping out :(

This Talking Dead is so fucking weird and awkward. You can practically feel the audience being pissed off or something. It's silent. Gimple and co are weirdly stilted. Think they know they fucked up.
pretty sure the crowd is just taking it all in and the 4 on the couch are acting like 4 men on a small couch would act. Also trying not to say too much.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Wait, they won't be able to show much promo of season 7 at all. There's too much risk of giving it away, otherwise.

So what the hell is the point of keeping the reveal for then?

I hope Cornballer bans anyone who posts during the season premiere after saying they were done with the show.

Let the hate flow through you.
What so we can't be pissed that the show had a wasted ending after possibly one of the best scenes in the entire series? How about I react how I want? For now, fuck this show. If I want to be back when it returns then I will.

Effect

After Negan selected his victim he said

"If anyone moves, cut the boys eye out and feed it to his Father" so I think we can rule out Rick and Carl.

There would be no point in that if either of them were about to die... plus he's telling his men to cut Carl's eye out. Negan is with the victim.

I would agree there are enough clues to determine who isn't killed. In fact we could likely cut it down to just maybe 4 or 5 people who are getting killed due to placement. They just happen to be the people that would set people off too I think.

This is awful. Now it can't be a major character, they are not going to kill a major off screen. All of a sudden you start next season and a main character is dead on the ground. NOpe. It's total bullshit every little bit of tension and shock is gone now. Casting will ruin the surprise, it's the same shit as GoT. You don't do this, ever. Bullshit.

Not to pick a side on whether it was good or bad to make us wait, but who says it'll be off screen in the premiere? That was probably just for the cliffhanger, it could definitely still be a major. That moment will probably play out again in the premiere this time not from first person.

This felt like a decision made by a couple of suits. No self-respecting storyteller does the shit they just did.

The One and Done™;200074422 said:
They did. That's what she was saying. It was hard to watch it. Gimple that's such bad form. What a jerk to do this to everyone.

Let's play this out. Next season starts but how? We are already expecting a death so it won't be shocking or enthralling at this point. No where near the emotions the episode built tonight. Or it's a flash forward to start the season and we basically get to see what happened in some kind of flashback would will be even worse.

As a creator or entertainment myself, it's not very often you get an audience on the edge of their seat. The writers built so much tension and simply fucked it up. So extremely disappointing. I just do not understand the logic.

TWD Season 7: Deflategate
My mistake I thought she said we don't know who we have to wait

You forget the third to last episode of Breaking Bad, in which they killed a main character inbetween the credits of the last episode and the opener of the next one.

Then killed Hank five minutes later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom