• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm surprised no one is commenting on how cheesy those blood effects looked.

Eh, not much they can do to have realistic blood show up on camera. American Horror Story: Asylum/Season 2 did a jump-scare of cutting the viewers throat with a quick red flash. They could've probably done similar if it wasn't being beaten to death.

Imagine if GoT faded to black before one of the infamous MC death scenes.

Oh wait they tried that last season and everyone said it sucked.

LifEndz

Damn...was hoping the cliff hanger ending stuff would prove to be incorrect. Oh well. The episode was so strong up to that moment with the Carol and Morgan stuff being the only part I didn't enjoy. Damn...the bat scene was such a shocking moment and they somehow found a way to rob it of that. Also really didn't like the way it was shot, but I guess that was necessary for the cliff hanger. CGI blood dripping down the camera was also really cheesy. Damnit Walking Dead...what happened?

RyanW

Guys, we'll find out who dies over a course of 1 minute shorts during Fear the Walking Dead.....

Can you imagine?

It would be crazy if the next season starts with the same scene, but first person from Negan's perspective.

Like you see the characters look up at him all scared and shit as he walks by each of them. Then one of them gets murked in first person and we find out who it was.

What's just as shocking is that, unlike some of the leaks, both Carol and Morgan survive, even though Carol's death has been built up for the whole season. Only a SINGLE human died in a freaking season finale of The Walking Dead. Scott Gimple has no balls and his time is over.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The writers probably haven't even decided yet (pending contract negotiations I'm sure). They'll also probably film multiple takes with different victims just so it doesn't leak beforehand.

I know who's supposed to die, but the show already has multiple people hanging around that are canonically dead already, so all bets are off.

I kind of hope FtWD gets punished for it next week.

Doesn't matter, unless they find a way to film an entire season of shows with no fan pictures of who is on set, as well as have the victim disappear from public life while the episodes are filming (except in Georgia)

Sony Television Studios own Breaking Bad and Saul, and are hanging a hungry Netflix over AMC incase they decide to start shit.
hanging a hungry Netflix over AMC? what do you mean?
This Talking Dead is so fucking weird and awkward. You can practically feel the audience being pissed off or something. It's silent. Gimple and co are weirdly stilted. Think they know they fucked up.
haha, it would be pretty awesome if the audience literally starts rioting

that'd actually make a difference

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
This felt like a decision made by a couple of suits. No self-respecting storyteller does the shit they just did.

They did the same shit with the mid-season finale, and changed how it was for some weird reason. Season 4 finale was bullshit as well. Season 3 as well. Season 1, 2 & 5 were good...the rest were fucking pathetic and cliffhangery as fuck.

Edit: Darrly's journey?? What journey!? At least of the unpredictable story arc's they gave Carol one at least this season.

Lothar

Banned
We, the fans, are the victims of Lucille. It's our punishment for caring.

I bet it's Aaron. Wouldn't that be funny?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
What's just as shocking is that, unlike some of the leaks, both Carol and Morgan survive, even though Carol's death has been built up for the whole season. Not a SINGLE human died in a freaking season finale of The Walking Dead. Scott Gimple has no balls and his time is over.

Aren't major deaths during the season finales actually rare? I remember someone going over that. Something like Andrea was the last big one in a finale.

If AMC tries to start any shit with the show they would cut AMC out and just go to Netflix for where the show will be, at least that's my guess.

Walking Dead doesn't have the protection of being co-owned, so we get stuck with budget cuts, hack directors and obvious meddling with higher ups to produce moments like what we saw for the sake of a hashtag.

Boke1879

LMFAOO this is why I love when shows do this. Yall get so bent out of shape. This shit is hilarious. You'll see the exact same scene at the start of S7 from a different perspective, and you'll all watch and we'll all move on to the next plot point.

Ponn

Banned
If people want to know so bad they need to get to analyzing the screams at the end. That should tell you who is left.

LMFAOO this is why I love when shows do this. Yall get so bent out of shape. This shit is hilarious. You'll see the exact same scene at the start of S7 from a different perspective, and you'll all watch and we'll all move on to the next plot point.
That's not the point. They ruined an otherwise great episode with a cheap cop out ending that completely ruins the impact of what they were building up to.

Corpekata

Banned
It'll be Tara. She's pregnant, right? Can't see her keeping on going while having a baby

Tons of actresses work while having kids, it's the actual pregnancy that's the issue, and that'll be over with next season. Like Zoey Deschanel taking a few episodes off on New Girl. Probably even less of an issue for a relatively minor supporting character.

neoism

this is my first season watching live... waiting week to week really hurts the show.
ima try and just wait out s7

Netflix tried to get Better Call Saul as an exclusive series, but AMC outbid them. They are willing to pick it up should anything like what almost happened with BB occur.

this show needs are red wedding moment... a surprise for both readers and non readers...

Well they had a chance and blew it IMO. They had so much viewing capital built up too.

Just when you thought TWD was about to have a GOT moment, if not better, it reminds you that seasons 2 and 3 happened.

Doesn't matter, unless they find a way to film an entire season of shows with no fan pictures of who is on set, as well as have the victim disappear from public life while the episodes are filming (except in Georgia)

and being killed=fired so thats definately not gonna happen
hell if i was the victim id actively make myself known in public

Bowler

I really think they are going to kill off Glenn. He's already come back from the almost dead. I think the writers will go with a regular, and fell that Glenn has already had that impact already.

Not to pick a side on whether it was good or bad to make us wait, but who says it'll be off screen in the premiere? That was probably just for the cliffhanger, it could definitely still be a major. That moment will probably play out again in the premiere this time not from first person.

In the first five minutes? The impact is gone. We had a season buildup. You can't come back after months and pretend we are still in the moment.

They did the same shit with the mid-season finale, and changed how it was for some weird reason. Season 4 finale was bullshit as well. Season 3 as well. Season 1, 2 & 5 were good...the rest were fucking pathetic and cliffhangery as fuck.
season 4 was a cliffhanger but it was a conclusive one. i know that's kinda oxymoronic but you know what I mean.

but season 6 was just, bad. that glenn shit - the thing about that is, if they ended that episode with glenn falling into the zombie herd and just cut the scene there, it would've been fine. but then they show glenn seemingly getting eaten, ugh...it's almost like the showrunners purposely breaking the fourth wall, playing a game with the viewer trying to get them to question what the fuck is going on.

then they have the goddamn nerve to stick a 90 minute morgan flashback episode that nobody was asking for the week right after it. that wasn't a bad episode, but it didn't need to be 90 minutes and it definitely should not have come after the glenn shit.

and the next episode didn't give closure either.

i didn't like how some of the character arcs went either. but the worst thing was the season finale.

Boke1879

In the first five minutes? The impact is gone. We had a season buildup. You can't come back after months and pretend we are still in the moment.

But they will and they'll do it and the general audience will still be upset at who it is that died and we'll move on. People are upset now. I get it. Get it out of your systems because we'll be right back in 6 months.

Korigama

This whole thing serves as pretty much nothing more than an excuse to gauge fan reactions and go with the safest possible choice. Truth is, as much as I like him, I would've found entertainment in watching them scurry for their bunkers until the next season if they made it Daryl.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

I don't know, it depends on how you do it. I thought they did a great job opening up this season with the huge horde and then filling in the gaps as the episode went along. It didn't pick up right from Morgan's appearance at the end of Season 5

If AMC tries to start any shit with the show they would cut AMC out and just go to Netflix for where the show will be, at least that's my guess.

Walking Dead doesn't have the protection of being co-owned, so we get stuck with budget cuts, hack directors and obvious meddling with higher ups to produce moments like what we saw for the sake of a hashtag.

Netflix tried to get Better Call Saul as an exclusive series, but AMC outbid them. They are willing to pick it up should anything like what almost happened with BB occur.

Oh I see. I didn't know netflix was trying to get breaking bad. what was the sort of tension AMC was creating?

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Imagine if GoT faded to black before one of the infamous MC death scenes.

Oh wait they tried that last season and everyone said it sucked.

Game of Thrones Season 5 & 6 Spoilers:
Jon died, they did not fade black. brought back, within the first few episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom