• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK_768

In the first five minutes? The impact is gone. We had a season buildup. You can't come back after months and pretend we are still in the moment.

Exactly. This whole episode, all 93 minutes of it, was to build up Negan and this "payback" that AMC said was coming in the promos. We got a black screen.

I don't even care who dies now. It's likely gonna be Aaron or Rosita.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
this show needs are red wedding moment... a surprise for both readers and non readers...

They don't have the balls to do it. They had a hell of a time trying to write into the gang meeting this Neegan character. These last 3 or 4 episodes have proved to me personally how simplistic and contrived the writing is.

Not to pick a side on whether it was good or bad to make us wait, but who says it'll be off screen in the premiere? That was probably just for the cliffhanger, it could definitely still be a major. That moment will probably play out again in the premiere this time not from first person.

And no one will care.

"Oh, it was _____ that got Gallagher'd. Why didn't they just show that 6 months ago?"

All of the build up and tension is over with, it cannot be rebuilt, it cannot payoff in even remotely the same way.

But they will and they'll do it and the general audience will still be upset at who it is that died and we'll move on. People are upset now. I get it. Get it out of your systems because we'll be right back in 6 months.

We will find out with casting, you can't hide this. The surprise is done. The drama is done. What is supposed to be one of the greatest moments ever of this show is ruined. This is the difference between an excellent tv moment and just another show.

Aequitas

I really think they are going to kill off Glenn. He's already come back from the almost dead. I think the writers will go with a regular, and fell that Glenn has already had that impact already.

Speculation but will spoiler tag just cus
I honesty think it's going to be Daryl because in the comics, Jesus filled that bad ass role that Daryl filled in the TV series. Now that Jesus is part of the show, I feel that Daryl, assuming that Jesus becomes a bad ass, no longer has a purpose on the show.

But they will and they'll do it and the general audience will still be upset at who it is that died and we'll move on. People are upset now. I get it. Get it out of your systems because we'll be right back in 6 months.

im not coming back if its a minor character
and you can save that if you dont believe me
i returned because Negan was coming
if hes fucked up whats the point

I won't

I thought Season 3's ending was horrid and stopped watching after that, this is probably one of the worst offenses I've seen on TV. I came back after everyone was going "It's actually pretty good", and the fact that the end of S4a was a clear "ok we fucked up the end of Season 3 here is a proper ending of the arc".

I'm done, I'll just watch other stuff till the series is over, or I'll pick up the comic book if I wanna go that route.

AMC should not be rewarded for this shit.

I don't know, it depends on how you do it. I thought they did a great job opening up this season with the huge horde and then filling in the gaps as the episode went along. It didn't pick up right from Morgan's appearance at the end of Season 5
na man. once season 7 starts we already know what's supposed to happen; someone gets hacked to death with a barb wired bat. we're going into the next season knowing that because we lived through that tension and suspense. so it won't be the same.

I'm so disappointed...There is literally no suspense at this point 6 months from now..I've read the comic, and it was done flawlessly. I feel like a bunch of suits decided they wanted a huge season 7 premier, and they only way they thought they could pull it off is give all of us fucking blue balls tonight. Horrible :(

RyanW

https://twitter.com/chandlerriggs/status/716823431531077632

226954e79869c97b4cd13394f7cdc246.png

He's gonna go in day 1 of filming S7. Kirkman tells him its him. "Shouldn't have tweeted that"

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
season 4 was a cliffhanger but it was a conclusive one. i know that's kinda oxymoronic but you know what I mean.

but season 6 was just, bad. that glenn shit - the thing about that is, if they ended that episode with glenn falling into the zombie herd and just cut the scene there, it would've been fine. but then they show glenn seemingly getting eaten, ugh...it's almost like the showrunners purposely breaking the fourth wall, playing a game with the viewer trying to get them to question what the fuck is going on.

then they have the goddamn nerve to stick a 90 minute morgan flashback episode that nobody was asking for the week right after it. that wasn't a bad episode, but it didn't need to be 90 minutes and it definitely should not have come after the glenn shit.

and the next episode didn't give closure either.

i didn't like how some of the character arcs went either. but the worst thing was the season finale.

What was the conclusive thing about Season 4's ending? Morgan's episode should have been moved, but I am not sure where. Season 6 has the highest high's and some low low's.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Something like that will totally be part of the premiere I imagine.
Yeah sadly I can imagine them showing each person responding one by one, Maggie 'oh it wasnt Maggie', Daryl 'oh it wasn't daryl' etc etc to get two bites at the meta pie.

Meh finale.

The cliffhanger is lame, and frankly by the time Negan had been prattling on about how big his dick was I would've been like "just beat me to death already so I don't have to listen to you."

What was the conclusive thing about Season 4's ending? Morgan's episode should have been moved, but I am not sure where. Season 6 has the highest high's and some low low's.

Season 4 was a proper, actual legit cliffhanger because it actually ended a story arc.

Season 4B was literally just trying to get to Terminus, they got to Terminus and the group was all together.

wilsonda

I loved the Trevor Phillips, hated everything else.

AMC and The Walking Dead can take this garbage and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.... Tonight was really really disgusting and I cannot give AMC anymore viewship after this.

I'll stick to the comics for now.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
What a shitshow.

They did such an amazing job with Negan's entrance and completely botched his scene by he end.

The power of it originally was how quickly we went from Negan's entrance to what he actually does. Like, "whoa this was so much to process at once."

They had a chance to really make an impact. Instead it's just a cliffhanger and it's more about the fanfare than the actual scene.

What a copout.

Comic spoilers
I hope like the comics, it's Glenn. It gives Maggie a better survivor arc if she has to become the badass she currently is while dealing with being pregnant and the father gone. Also, I like JDM but I felt like Negan had a lot of kinda twitchy biker dude energy. He was too laid back imo. Finally, Carol (at least terminator Carol) is my favorite, so I hope her and Morgan become awesome knights next season.

My positives for this episode

+ JDM is amazing as Negan. Even though it was a cliffhanger, fucking great scene

+ I loved how the Saviors played games with the group. They didn't seem like much before but now that Rick has gotten Negan's attention and not just his commanders - it's become clear just how threatening they are. To be honest, I doubt even the fifty odd saviors we saw at the end is all of them.

+ Rick's "I fucked up" look throughout the second half of the episode was glorious. He was getting too confident, borderline arrogant for my liking.

+ Glenn's mini freakout was cool

+ Gabriel stepping up big time. That man probably has the best written development this season.

+ Eugene trying to step up. LOL. I still love you man, you tried

+ S3 Carl may be back, the kid that was dropping bombs before it was popular on this show... except it'll be more extreme. "Don't make me kill the little future serial killer" - No amount of farming, guidance and walled in communities is mellowing him out this time.

+ Abraham continues to have the best one-liners

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
In the first five minutes? The impact is gone. We had a season buildup. You can't come back after months and pretend we are still in the moment.

Exactly. They lost the moment. They didn't kill a character but they damn sure killed the scene. I don't get why they did that. But whatever. See you guys next season lol.

IJ1gIZm.gif

Tried forcing a six episode final season with a lower budget. Sony and Vince told them to fuck off and showed them bids to take the show elsewhere.
good, fuck that
minus carol, tyreese and judith, we at least knew that our whole team was captive, but back together again. morgan's episode could've been the season premiere.

i would say season 6 has some high high's, but the lowest lows.

Yeah sadly I can imagine them showing each person responding one by one, Maggie 'oh it wasnt Maggie', Daryl 'oh it wasn't daryl' etc etc to get two bites at the meta pie.

Me too.
They're even going for the hashtag thing too.

I'm so disappointed...There is literally no suspense at this point 6 months from now..I've read the comic, and it was done flawlessly. I feel like a bunch of suits decided they wanted a huge season 7 premier, and they only way they thought they could pull it off is give all of us fucking blue balls tonight. Horrible :(

Could definitely see that being the reason from the perspective of the suits.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Season 4 was a proper, actual legit cliffhanger because it actually ended a story arc.

Season 4B was literally just trying to get to Terminus, they got to Terminus and the group was all together.

Eh...I'll give you that one. Season 4 was a good season overall...just a little slow in the beginning and the second part being mostly character arc...

My positives for this episode

+ JDM is amazing as Negan. Even though it was a cliffhanger, fucking great scene

+ I loved how the Saviors played games with the group. They didn't seem like much before but now that Rick has gotten Negan's attention and not just his commanders - it's become clear just how threatening they are. To be honest, I doubt even the fifty odd saviors we saw at the end is all of them.

+ Rick's "I fucked up" look throughout the second half of the episode was glorious. He was getting too confident, borderline arrogant for my liking.

+ Glenn's mini freakout was cool

+ Gabriel stepping up big time. That man probably has the best written development this season.

+ Eugene trying to step up. LOL. I still love you man, you tried

+ S3 Carl may be back, the kid that was dropping bombs before it was popular on this show... except it'll be more extreme. "Don't make me kill the little future serial killer" - No amount of farming, guidance and walled in communities is mellowing him out this time.

+ Abraham continues to have the best one-liners
andy lincoln is putting on an acting clinic especially tonight. It's a damn shame he'll never get recognition. That defeated look, the look of bewilderment. Brilliant.

Carl is a G. No tears, didn't even look shook.

I loved the Trevor Phillips, hated everything else.

AMC and The Walking Dead can take this garbage and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.... Tonight was really really disgusting and I cannot give AMC anymore viewship after this.

I'll stick to the comics for now.
See you in October friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom