• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol2dmqhm.png

SamuraiX-

Content Roundup – Episode 610: “The Next World”

QZVypP2.jpg

AMC Inside The Walking Dead:
  • The Making of Episode 610, “The Next World” - AMC
  • Inside Episode 610: “The Next World” - AMC
  • Preview of Episode 611, “Knots Untie” - AMC | International
  • Sneak Peek of Episode 611, “Knots Untie” - AMC | International
  • Talking Dead Episode 610 Bonus Scene - AMC
Producer & Cast Interviews:
Critic Reviews:
Talking Dead’s Inside The Dead:
  • Tom Payne, who plays Jesus, is the latest Brit to join the cast. He actually grew up in the same town as Andrew Lincoln: Bath, England.
  • This was the first time Kari Skogland directed an episode of The Walking Dead. However, she is no stranger to walkers; she directed two episodes of Fear the Walking Dead.
  • Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid in preparation for this episode. The crew joked that Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure was a better reference for their antics.
PLEASE SPOILER TAG ALL PREVIEW/PROMO AND GRAPHIC NOVEL DISCUSSION. REVIEW THE OP FOR COMPLETE THREAD RULES ON SPOILERS.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Knots Untie

After Rick comes to the realization that Alexandria might not be as safe as he thought, decisions must be made about where to go.

The episode was written by Matthew Negrete (who last wrote 6.8 "Start to Finish", the midseason finale where the zombies break into Alexandria) and Channing Powell (who last wrote 6.7 "Heads Up", the one where Glenn's fate is revealed) and was directed by Michael E. Satrazemis (who last directed 6.8 "Start to Finish).

The guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead are:

Kid Cudi (actor, musician)
Lauren Cohan (Maggie)
and a surprise guest!

keuja

Just caught up. About time Michonne and Rick got together... Damn!

I still don't know where the hell that Michonne / Rick romance comes from.
At the beginning of the episode, during that litlle family scene with Rick, Judith, Carl and Michonne out of the shower, wrapped in a towel (wtf) i really thought it was either someone's dream or a time skip...

the whole wolf arc kinda confused me. so they were all just a bunch of bandits, so how did they become a group? and what exactly was their plan with all those walkers they had been keeping in the trucks?

the whole wolf arc kinda confused me. so they were all just a bunch of bandits, so how did they become a group? and what exactly was their plan with all those walkers they had been keeping in the trucks?

Oh yeah! I forgot about the trap truck, too. Looks like the writers did as well.

LycanXIII

It doesn't matter how they became a group. The plan for the truck trap walkers was shown. The kill looters, and then they would take their stuff. Morgan saved Daryl before it happened to him.

Paganmoon

No it's just his nickname

I wasn't really serious, was my (not so funny) way of saying the guy seems to have superpowers.

Edit: I'm not saying he really has superpowers btw.

I still don't know where the hell that Michonne / Rick romance comes from.
At the beginning of the episode, during that litlle family scene with Rick, Judith, Carl and Michonne out of the shower, wrapped in a towel (wtf) i really thought it was either someone's dream or a time skip...

I don't think they were romantically involved at the start of the episode, it was more of "they're really comfortable around each other". They were showing they're already acting like a couple/family even though they're not really together yet.

dustyherb

Oh yeah! I forgot about the trap truck, too. Looks like the writers did as well.
No they didn't they showed exactly how they used to trucks. People would open them thinking it has food. A bunch of walkers spill out so the people would run and hide like in the car Aaron and Daryl hid in. Then wolves would usually come by and kill them and steal their supplies. Morgan is the only reason that didn't happen.

they've forgotten about a lot of things.
It doesn't matter how they became a group. The plan for the truck trap walkers was shown. The kill looters, and then they would take their stuff. Morgan saved Daryl before it happened to him.
the wolves didn't know they had two people trapped there at the time. daryl and aaron would've just been dead and added to their walker herd by that point. in the end it doesn't matter because the wolf threat is done for but other than that attack on alexandria it wasn't really meaningful.

dustyherb

they've forgotten about a lot of things.
the wolves didn't know they had two people trapped there at the time. daryl and aaron would've just been dead and added to their walker herd by that point. in the end it doesn't matter because the wolf threat is done for but other than that attack on alexandria it wasn't really meaningful.
the wolves weren't really meant to be meaningful in the long run. The group that their based off of from the comics was even more worthless so I'm just glad that we at least a got what we did in the show. The group in the comics was more or less to show that Ricks group shouldn't be fucked with. They didn't pull it off as well on the show in my opinion but at least it showed Carol putting a bunch of them down, and Rick killed the group at the RV.

the wolves weren't really meant to be meaningful in the long run. The group that their based off of from the comics was even more worthless so I'm just glad that we at least a got what we did in the show. The group in the comics was more or less to show that Ricks group shouldn't be fucked with. They didn't pull it off as well on the show in my opinion but at least it showed Carol putting a bunch of them down, and Rick killed the group at the RV.
word, so fuck the wolves.

i may not catch tonight on time either...will have to watch it tomorrow on break at work or something.

hokahey

word, so fuck the wolves.

i may not catch tonight on time either...will have to watch it tomorrow on break at work or something.

I always watch 30 minutes after it starts (minimum) so I can skip commercials. I can't handle watching something I'm super in to and watching commercial breaks. It really ruins it.

Yeah like you say, in the comic that group wasn't a major thing, but the set up for the Wolves in the show was a bit weird, they kept teasing them for quite a while, like they were going to be something much bigger.

So it was either just not handled in the best way, or they were going to be a bigger thing at one point, but then things changed and they decided to follow the comic more closely and go with Negan and The Saviors instead.

dustyherb

Yeah like you say, in the comic that group wasn't a major thing, but the set up for the Wolves in the show was a bit weird, they kept teasing them for quite a while, like they were going to be something much bigger.

So it was either just not handled in the best way, or they were going to be a bigger thing at one point, but then things changed and they decided to follow the comic more closely and go with Negan and The Saviors instead.
I don't think they were ever going to be bigger personally. I think just like the whole terminus arc Gimple and the writers just wanted us thinking these were going to be huge threats like the governor. Negan was always going to be in the cards with Gimple as showrunner. A lot of his favorite material is from those comic arcs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom