• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Have to say the moment when they are all gung-ho and like 'yeah we kill these motherfuckas we badasses' when they talking to mr master sir was one of the better moments in a while. Even though half of them will die screaming for mercy.

This Negan better be no second Governor. Would really be a shame and cant sit a second time through that stuff.
Governor had his moments

54158-The-Governor-3x14-Prey-The-Wal-LaD9.gif

Kinda miss the sob

HardRojo

Good episode overall. It's nice to see a familiar actor from 24 (my all-time favorite series) in this. Welcome Xander Berkeley.

K' Dash

Um, I'm kinda new to this thread, but why are people allowed to talk about the comics if this thread is about the TV show?

There should be a spoiler/speculation thread for comic book readers so people can safely discuss the episodes here.

Just my 2 cents.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Um, I'm kinda new to this thread, but why are people allowed to talk about the comics if this thread is about the TV show?

There should be a spoiler/speculation thread for comic book readers so people can safely discuss the episodes here.

Just my 2 cents.

There is. Why people don't want to use it more, I'll never know.

I think the spoiler for preview stuff works in other TV threads because we don't completely know what's going to happen, we have trailers and previews to go off. Maybe the occasional set photo. But Walking Dead follows the broad strokes of the comic. It should probably be used the same way they did the Game of Thrones threads worked. I've just noticed people have gotten kinda sloppy about tagging key events. I'm all caught up on the comic, so I don't have a dog in this fight. But at the very least us folks in the know should be diligent about properly tagging. What's the harm in just tagging your whole paragraph and not just one word if you're not sure.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
At this point I don't know if I should stop watching or not. I think I only care about one or two characters. :/

Jobbs

Banned
The scene with Abraham and Rosita was hard to watch

Why is this gross old dude hooking up with the two hottest women on the show? I'm not sure I find it plausible

Comic Spoilers

Anybody see Darly getting the Abe death in the comic. I can see Darly getting killed with his own crossbow if AMC doesn't fuck around. Also Glenn is totally getting Lucielled

ElyrionX

It's absolutely nuts they brokered that deal. They know they would lose people fighting Negan. It's literally going to war.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

Why is this gross old dude hooking up with the two hottest women on the show? I'm not sure I find it plausible
Ok...there's a limited offering and they probably find him attractive/like his personality...it's really not that hard to think about.

Sadist

It's probably a good thing then if you don't read the comic haha. This spoiler beneath is about earlier events in the comic and is in no way spoiler territory for the current events of the show. It could only be spoilerriffic for people who are interested in reading the comic from the beginning.

COMIC SPOILER
If you don't find Bram and Rosita plausible, the comic would throw something else at you; before the prison arc Dale and Andrea started a relationship with each other. Dale was in his early sixties, while Andrea is about 26 years old(!). And man, Andrea is quite attractive in the book. However the comic did highlight their relationship multiple times with Dale questioning why in the hell Andrea stays with him. She states that she really loves him, which is true. It takes a while to adjust to this, but man they might have been my favourite couple in the book.

But the comic likes to fuck with surprising relationships all the time or even suggesting weird stuff. Sigh, comic book Carol.

SO MANY opportunities for Jesus yelling with this episode. JESUS! it's so much fun. Helps to balance my TOTAL PANIC over what's going to happen. Our heroes are way too ballsy and cavalier and it is utterly terrifying.

Alpende

Really liked the episode. Hilltop looked a lot like the comic and Rick's 'What' was great too. It was mostly a set-up episode and it worked very well. Can't wait to finally see Negan.

Ok...there's a limited offering and they probably find him attractive/like his personality...it's really not that hard to think about.

Yeah, Him, Rosalita and Eugene were rolling together for a long time before they met this group, and Abraham isn't a bad looking dude, so it's not that crazy. I dunno about him and Sasha, but I wouldn't be mad.

It's interesting that they went with Sasha as Abraham's 2nd love interest. Especially since they had already done that scene where he saved that one lady at the construction site last season. Then she proceeded to have like 2 sentences of dialog the rest of the series.

Sendero

Really love how the show has made a case/dropped hints about the death of multiple characters, so no one knows what's going to happen when they face Negan's group.

Morgan - Against killing. If he dies, he could "pass" his belief to Rick OR Carol.
Carol - Responsible for the death of multiple "not so bad" persons. Her time might be coming (linked to Morgan's fate). Although she would needs a last moment with Daryl first.
Glenn - His plot armor is making him less popular. He needs to die for good, in a non uncertain way. Plus he is potentially leaving a son. Even if not, he has left a mark on Enid.
Maggie - Her successfully having a baby would make the story too similar to Lori's/Judith. Something has to happen on that regard. She has had 2 negotiator teachers now though, so doubt she personally dies yet.
Abe/Rosita/Sasha - Abe hasn't found a reason to live after Eugene's lie. Rosita is no longer his anchor (and might be developing feelings towards Eugene herself). Sasha's abrupt decision clearly left him confused. That will have repercussions. One or more of those 3 will die, unless the producers want to save the triangle/cheating scenario for later.
Spencer - Coward/idiot, but managed to bury her mother this season. Ready to go?
Daryl - Always marked as the less probable. On the other hand, his character is stagnated and he did kill a bunch of Saviors already, so..
Michonne - Richonne, too much happiness.

As for the others, not sure about Tara or Eugene. Denise probably will train with the obstetrician guy. Will Gabriel even go? We haven't seen much of Heat, Tobin, Aaron or his boyfriend either.

im a bit confused and this question was probably already asked - so sorry in advance

But is the storyline with the wolves finished since they are planning the attack on the saviours.

I remember that wolves Dude (tought it was the leader) that saw the photo of Alexandria and i tought he will be the antagonist for this season

jwk94

im a bit confused and this question was probably already asked - so sorry in advance

But is the storyline with the wolves finished since they are planning the attack on the saviours.

I remember that wolves Dude (tought it was the leader) that saw the photo of Alexandria and i tought he will be the antagonist for this season

Isn't Negan the head wolf?

Zaph

Isn't Negan the head wolf?

The Wolves are most likely done. Rick gunned down what looked like the last of them, and I don't think they were a big group to begin with. The photo they had of Alexandria was why they attacked originally, not foreshadowing a new attack.

Negan is the leader of a new group called the Saviors.

This actually makes sense because
it would make for an interesting duality with the Glenn fake-out that happened earlier this season by having the show literally beat him over the head to show us he's definitely dead at the end of this season. It'd be disturbingly poetic.

When maggie said something along the lines of "We're gonna lose something" in regards to taking on Negan, I yelled "HELL YEAH YOU'RE GONNA LOSE SOMETHING, MAGGIE" at the TV. Dat foreshadowing.

How far apart are these groups and communities that they never ran into each other? The Saviours and Hilltop were far enough away from Alexandria and the Wolves that they had no idea the others existed

Mr Git

The Wolves are most likely done. Rick gunned down what looked like the last of them, and I don't think they were a big group to begin with. The photo they had of Alexandria was why they attacked originally, not foreshadowing a new attack.

I should read more of the comics - I assumed they were the same group. Thought the Wolves had too much foreshadowing to go so quickly.

I liked this episode, and the last - apart from the Benny Hill facepalming.

How far apart are these groups and communities that they never ran into each other? The Saviours and Hilltop were far enough away from Alexandria and the Wolves that they had no idea the others existed

They said "a day's drive" from Alexandria to Hilltop so... like, pretty decently far away, but not all that specific on how far.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

They really need to stop with these only for a couple episodes enemies that make them seem like they are bigger than they really are. Terminus and Wolves were both like this.

ElyrionX

Negan and the Wolves are not related? Yeah that is not very clear from the way the episodes have been shot.

Edit: I always imagined the Wolves to be some kind of cannon fodder for Negan.

Trick_GSF

Banned
Talking of groups, did we ever find out who those dudes were in the woods in Daryl's episode? I know they wasn't Wolves, but I can't remember if they ever got resolved because my memory is crap lol.

I'm guessing they were Negans guys, too?

UberTag

Talking of groups, did we ever find out who those dudes were in the woods in Daryl's episode? I know they wasn't Wolves, but I can't remember if they ever got resolved because my memory is crap lol.

I'm guessing they were Negans guys, too?
You are correct on that assumption.
Those guys were Wade and Armless Cam. They were tracking Dwight (new owner of Daryl's bike and crossbow), Honey and her now dead sister who likes to lie down in graves when placing flowers so she can become one with the Walkers. Don't treat diabetes lightly, kids.

Comic Spoilers regarding the scale of the Saviours

Been rewatching the first half of S6A. I'm guessing Wade [the leader of that search party looking for Dwight in the Daryl episode] and Bud [the leader of the bikers Daryl blew up] are both Saviour commanders.

It actually shows just how bigger in scale the Saviours are to every other group Rick has come across. Negan has an actual chain of command. He has commanders, outposts, his base of operations [The Sanctuary] and literally hundreds of people under him.

Of course there's also Dwight himself who is actually Negan's second in command in the comic. We'll see if that's still the case in the comic, with the way things seemed in that episode maybe not.

Some comic spoilers mixed with pondering here.

Knowing the comic events, I feel like they are telegraphing
glenn's death too much. All the close calls and the focus on the baby stuff this episode. I think maybe they'll spare him and give us a shock death instead.

Shows been super faithful to the comics lately though so maybe I'm over thinking that.

SamuraiX-

Comic Spoilers

Anybody see Darly getting the Abe death in the comic. I can see Darly getting killed with his own crossbow if AMC doesn't fuck around. Also Glenn is totally getting Lucielled

(Comic Spoilers)
I actually thought they wouldn't kill Abraham or anyone else the same way in the show... but now that you just reminded me with Dwight stealing Daryl's crossbow... I feel like that's definitely gotta be setting up for something that's gonna happen in these next 5 episodes. If they actually go through with it, it'll hands down be the most unexpected, wtf death of a main cast member in the series so far... until the Season 6 finale that is. :p

The show really does need one of those kind of deaths though. They were happening all the time in the comics. The closest thing in the TV show is Axel's death from Season 3 but it needs to happen to one of the big fan favorites to really strike a nerve.

border

Just got caught up with the show.

I can't believe Gregory agreed to that awful deal. I can't believe Maggie was the one to offer it. "We'll kill these guys that are taking 50% of your stuff......in exchange for 50% of your stuff!" Why should Hilltop trade one devil for another? Why should Maggie risk her most effective group members against Neegan's crew when there's plenty more scavaging and farming that can be done? Rick's crew has faced down some tough enemies, but they're not soldiers. And they've had their clocks cleaned just as often as they've been victorious. The escape from Terminus was almost pure luck.

I think Glenn pretty much has to die.....in part because of the ridiculous way he escaped death earlier this season, and because Maggie has to be the one to pay for sticking everyone's neck out like that.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I can't believe Gregory agreed to that awful deal. I can't believe Maggie was the one to offer it. "We'll kill these guys that are taking 50% of your stuff......in exchange for 50% of your stuff!" Why should Hilltop trade one devil for another?

What choice did he really have? This new group of people is clearly significantly more dangerous and experienced at combat than anyone on the Hilltop, minus Jesus. If he had declined the deal, who's to say that Maggie wouldn't have had her people massacre the entire place and take the Hilltop for themselves? Better to not do anything that might piss this new group off...

Why should Maggie risk her most effective group members against Neegan's crew when there's plenty more scavaging and farming that can be done?

If Negan is bullying all the other communities, then it's only a matter of time before they come across Alexandria and try to strong arm them too. The smart thing to do would be to try to take them out while they still have the element of surprise.

Rick's crew has faced down some tough enemies, but they're not soldiers. And they've had their clocks cleaned just as often as they've been victorious. The escape from Terminus was almost pure luck.

They've had a lot of recent successes though - Daryl and Co. wiped the floor (+ a heaping dose of luck, even though no one seems to be acknowledging that!) with that squad of Negan's men; Rick and the Alexandrians pushed back the massive zombie horde; Carol almost single handedly took out the Wolves; the cannibals who were hunting them turned out to be scrubs - and it's gone to their heads

Sendero

I can't believe Gregory agreed to that awful deal. I can't believe Maggie was the one to offer it. "We'll kill these guys that are taking 50% of your stuff......in exchange for 50% of your stuff!"
Negan's deal was about taking 50% of them constantly. For "protection". And as we saw in the chapter, he was not even honouring that (was demanding more). Maggie offered to dispatch the whole threat in exchange of getting their half, a single time. That was my take, at the very least.

Furthermore, Jesus (whom apparently is well respected in the community, perhaps the 2nd in command) vouched for them. And if that was not enough, Gregory was badly injured by being betrayed by 2 of his own people. All while having multiple heavily armored strangers inside his camp. What would you have done?

Although to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Gregory attempts to betray them if they manage to defeat Negan. It seems obvious that he will die sooner than later.

Really love how the show has made a case/dropped hints about the death of multiple characters, so no one knows what's going to happen when they face Negan's group.

Morgan - Against killing. If he dies, he could "pass" his belief to Rick OR Carol.
Carol - Responsible for the death of multiple "not so bad" persons. Her time might be coming (linked to Morgan's fate). Although she would needs a last moment with Daryl first.
Glenn - His plot armor is making him less popular. He needs to die for good, in a non uncertain way. Plus he is potentially leaving a son. Even if not, he has left a mark on Enid.
Maggie - Her successfully having a baby would make the story too similar to Lori's/Judith. Something has to happen on that regard. She has had 2 negotiator teachers now though, so doubt she personally dies yet.
Abe/Rosita/Sasha - Abe hasn't found a reason to live after Eugene's lie. Rosita is no longer his anchor (and might be developing feelings towards Eugene herself). Sasha's abrupt decision clearly left him confused. That will have repercussions. One or more of those 3 will die, unless the producers want to save the triangle/cheating scenario for later.
Spencer - Coward/idiot, but managed to bury her mother this season. Ready to go?
Daryl - Always marked as the less probable. On the other hand, his character is stagnated and he did kill a bunch of Saviors already, so..
Michonne - Richonne, too much happiness.

As for the others, not sure about Tara or Eugene. Denise probably will train with the obstetrician guy. Will Gabriel even go? We haven't seen much of Heat, Tobin, Aaron or his boyfriend either.

don't forget Carl, as long as Judith is alive he can go at anytime.

Sendero

don't forget Carl, as long as Judith is alive he can go at anytime.
I don't think so.

Regardless if Judith is alive, Carl's going to survive until at least the final season. Unless the actor wants off.
Think the family will survive until last season, and then either all die/ambiguous fate, or Rick sacrifice himself to save them, thus fulfilling his promise.

The moment Carl/Judith are gone, it's game over for Rick, and thus the show. Would love to be proven wrong, though.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
So, Negan next episode or the season finale?

I think they might surprise us and have "that scene" earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom