• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Two great episodes in a row. This must be a first for TWD. Granted, therer were some iffy parts such as the bizarrely videogamey rescue mission and the shoehorned character exposition (ruh-roh), but the final result was well above the average for the show. Also, that counterfeit governor gave me the biggest douchechills in a while. Good on Maggie for showing him who's boss.

Obligatory Jesus looking the most Jesusy he's ever been

Le9Xuba.jpg

and Rick's whatchulookinat face.

IXVS4Df.gif

dustyherb

Comic spoilers
Maybe the show will have both Glenn and Maggie be killed? Curious to see if they stay accurate to Glenn's murder. It's pretty brutal and not sure I can handle that on tv.
Major comic spoilers
maggie can't die it would just be a total waste of everything up to this point. She's totally going to become leader of hilltop. Her learning from Deanna, Rick having her negotiate with Gregory. Glenn is screwed in my opinion. I think he's going to get his exact comic book death at this point.

Major comic spoilers
maggie can't die it would just be a total waste of everything up to this point. She's totally going to become leader of hilltop. Her learning from Deanna, Rick having her negotiate with Gregory. Glenn is screwed in my opinion. I think he's going to get his exact comic book death at this point.
Ah makes sense.

masud

Banned
I actually thought the govenor was a much better villian than Negan in the comics. But they changed the governor so much for the show maybe they'll do the same with Negan.

strafer

Two great episodes in a row. This must be a first for TWD. Granted, therer were some iffy parts such as the bizarrely videogamey rescue mission and the shoehorned character exposition (ruh-roh), but the final result was well above the average for the show. Also, that counterfeit governor gave me the biggest douchechills in a while. Good on Maggie for showing him who's boss.

Obligatory Jesus looking the most Jesusy he's ever been

and Rick's whatchulookinat face.

IXVS4Df.gif

I wonder what they use for blood.

corn zup?

Tabris

Friendly reminder: Untagged book talk is strictly verbotten, even if the spoilers in question are minor.

Question, does that apply to book talk that has been surpassed by the show? i.e. comparing the comics that match up with the episode that just aired. I just wanna confirm if I should be spoiler tagging that.

i.e. "Carl was there in the comics but they had him stay home in the tv episode."

dustyherb

I actually thought the govenor was a much better villian than Negan in the comics. But they changed the governor so much for the show maybe they'll do the same with Negan.
Ehh I don't think so at all but that's because I didn't even really like comic governor. He was just completely crazy and that's about it. I think david morrissey did a much better job with the character on the show. Made me even feel bad for him a bit with his standalone episodes in season 4.

And they are trying to do the opposite with Negan and trying to make him just like his comic counterpart actually. Here's an article talking about his language.
Some spoilers about his intro http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/2...-dean-morgan-cursing?xid=entertainment-weekly

I don't want them changing Negan too much like they did with the governor. I don't think his character has as much leeway to change around.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Question, does that apply to book talk that has been surpassed by the show? i.e. comparing the comics that match up with the episode that just aired. I just wanna confirm if I should be spoiler tagging that.

i.e. "Carl was there in the comics but they had him stay home in the tv episode."

The polite (and safe!) thing would be to tag it. You don't want to spoil the book readers neither.

Dram

How annoyed/happy would people be if Negan
in his first appearance killed a different character, like maybe Jesus, instead of Glenn?

dustyherb

How annoyed/happy would people be if Negan
in his first appearance killed a different character, like maybe Jesus, instead of Glenn?
I would be beyond diasapointed if they did that
Major Comic/show spoilers
It needs to be Daryl or Glenn to make us all see that Negan is not fucking around. If not them then Abraham or Morgan is the next most likely two I assume. Abraham has gotten a lot more focus and fans these last two seasons. And Morgan would make sense in the long run. But I doubt it since he hasn't even appeared in these last three episodes. He needs to be redeemed if he's getting Lucilled

Jesus just hasn't been around long enough to make a big enough impact on Ricks group.

Metal B

It needs to be Daryl or Glenn to make us all see that Negan is not fucking around. If not them then Abraham or Morgan is the next most likely two I assume. Abraham has gotten a lot more focus and fans these last two seasons. And Morgan would make sense in the long run. But I doubt it since he hasn't even appeared in these last three episodes. He needs to be redeemed if he's getting Lucilled

Jesus just hasn't been around long enough to make a big enough impact on Ricks group.
Comic Spoiler:
I believe, that Morgan will die one way or another. He is build up to change Rick's moral compass and imprison Negan instead of killing him. A novel death could bring Rick to spare Negan in memory of his friend.
I can see Glenn living, just because the show-makers try to be different and surprise the comic-readers. On the other hand him surviving under the trash bin could have exhaust all his luck for this narrative (Shadowrun reference: He burned all his edge for this rule)

LQX

For some reason the heights of the cast stood out this episode. Jesus is so damn short and whenever any of them were around him it highlighted how short he and they were. Dude has to be close to five feet.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Come on folks :(

We just had a conversation regarding spoilers. No matter how minor they are, show/comic comparisons and future events should be tagged accordingly.

I just caught up with the show after leaving it off at the end of Season 4. On one hand I'm so glad I did, there have been really great episodes and I'm back in love with this nonsense.

On the other hand I wish I had waited just a couple more weeks. I'm going to be walking around with a knot of fear in my stomach for what's coming, what they might do.

my emotions.gif

Zaph

My only theory is (major comic spoiler)
the show might combine Abraham's and Glenn's comic deaths into one, as in the book they died only two issues apart. We've had major deaths in quick succession before, but I don't see them killing both those characters so quickly. I think there's a chance Abraham gets Lucille'd with Rosita watching. This would have the added benefit of the show not having to repeat itself due to another season ending with Maggie grieving over a murdered loved one (a problem the comic didn't have as Beth never existed).

Surfinn

Predictions based on major comic spoilers:

If Morgan gets it from Negan, there are two concerns:

1. A white guy brutally murdering a black guy would cause serious outrage from fans.
2. Everyone would thank Negan in sheer relief (see: Andrea), aside from racial concerns, which would result in an opposite reaction and would prove anticlimactic as hell (seriously, his character has taken such a downturn and received so much negative feedback, I can't imagine anyone being significantly impacted by his death).

He even says in the comic that he won't kill particular people because it might not be racially sensitive to do so.

I think it makes the most sense and has the best impact inf Daryl gets it, as much as I don't want it to be him.

Predictions based on major comic spoilers:

If Morgan gets it from Negan, there are two concerns:

1. A white guy brutally murdering a black guy would cause serious outrage from fans.
2. Everyone would thank Negan in sheer relief (see: Andrea), which would result in an opposite reaction and would prove anticlimactic as hell.

He even says in the comic that he won't kill particular people because it might not be racially sensitive to do so.

I think it makes the most sense and has the best impact inf Daryl gets it, as much as I don't want it to be him.
Very good points you bring up

JTripper

Major comic spoilers

This actually makes sense because
it would make for an interesting duality with the Glenn fake-out that happened earlier this season by having the show literally beat him over the head to show us he's definitely dead at the end of this season. It'd be disturbingly poetic.

"When you were, uhhhh...pouring the Bisquick, you trying to make pancakes?" - Abe

Yo, that was a great episode! Jesus is a really awesome character. I hope he sticks around for a long time. I don't like Gregory, but he doesn't seem to be a bad person.

Holy shit, Neegan is ruthless. I hope he gets got with the quickness, but I got a feeling he's gonna be tough to take down. This is probably gonna be the hardest fight since the governor. I also think someone from Rick's group is not gonna make it. I really, really hope I'm wrong.

Edit: My curiosity once again got the better me and I read some of the spoilers above. D:

I would be so
f'n upset
if any of that happens on the show.

This actually makes sense because
it would make for an interesting duality with the Glenn fake-out that happened earlier this season by having the show literally beat him over the head to show us he's definitely dead at the end of this season. It'd be disturbingly poetic.
Yup

Comic spoilers
There has been too much foreshadowing, as far back as the Season 5 premiere where Glenn almost got a bat to the head twice in the same scene.

Glenn surviving the dumpster and then being saved by Abraham and Sasha this half only solidify his safe status to the non-comic-reading audience. This will make his death even more shocking.

Plus there was a lot of foreshadowing this episode, between Maggie's comment, the baby subplot, and the happy ending

It's happening

bitbydeath

Yup

Comic spoilers
There has been too much foreshadowing, as far back as the Season 5 premiere where Glenn almost got a bat to the head twice in the same scene.

Glenn surviving the dumpster and then being saved by Abraham and Sasha this half only solidify his safe status to the non-comic-reading audience. This will make his death even more shocking.

Plus there was a lot of foreshadowing this episode, between Maggie's comment, the baby subplot, and the happy ending

It's happening

Maybe they'll make it seem like he survives, Glenn can take a good hit :-(

Paganmoon

"We're with Jesus!"

Haha, what if these people weren't part of Jesus' group.

"God damnit, the fucking evangelicals found us even in the apocalypse!"

Somebody got a crush on Darryl...

Do you mean Denise? Isn't she with Tara? Was more like a genuine thank you gesture.

Edit: wow the guy playing Jesus is a britt, nice enough accent, usually British TV actors doing American accent come of so wrong, they overcompensate and overenunciate their words. (I'm looking at you Charlie Hunnman, Jamie Bamber, and Andrew Lincoln!)

someday

Banned
Yup

Comic spoilers

It's happening

Comic spoilers conversation
I agree with this and in hindsight, it's actually made me ok with Glenn's possible TV show death. I've been dreading Negan and Lucille since reading the comic but now, I need Glenn to die because he's been too damned lucky. I'm also irritated by the dumpster still and the whole Nicholas subplot.

Savitar

For some reason the heights of the cast stood out this episode. Jesus is so damn short and whenever any of them were around him it highlighted how short he and they were. Dude has to be close to five feet.

Considering people were pretty damn short in old times he might actually be fairly accurate height wise to the real(?) deal.

I'm really surprised at how good The Walking Dead has been recently, I hope it keeps up like this.

The show has gotten better as the seasons go on.

Sadist

The second good episode in a row! Neat.

- Abe needs a woman, not a girl. Sorry Rosita.
- Carl losing that eye made him sensible. King Carl cometh.
- Denise and Daryl scene was fun.
- Rick and the gang saving the Hilltop people was a bit... too smooth.
- Man, the Hilltop being so faithful to the comic rocks!
- Gregory might be even closer to his comic counterpart, damn. Him and Maggie discusssing their positions are great. Shows right away what kind of man Gregory is.
- Rick going downtown on that dude. The "what?" pose straight from the comic is glorious.
- "Negan killed a sixteen year old, beat him to death, just right of the bat" hue hue hue hue hue
- Everybody is so happy but oh so carefull. Shit be brewin'

COMIC SPOILERS
Considering how faithful they're following the book right now, it wouldn't surprise me if the kill off Abe and Glenn. The former before he can tell he loves another woman and the latter... oh you know. I can't wait for the shit to hit the fan.

I get the feeling they might be biting off more than they can chew taking on this Negan guy.
Definitely, all this hype for this Negan guy makes me think one of the main crew isn't going to make it. Money is on Abe or Glenn (luck finally running out?)
It's stupid how they're going straight to Negan although they took all those supplies...

Where's Carol been up to? Haven't seen her in a while

Definitely, all this hype for this Negan guy makes me think one of the main crew isn't going to make it. Money is on Abe or Glenn (luck finally running out?)
It's stupid how they're going straight to Negan although they took all those supplies...

Where's Carol been up to? Haven't seen her in a while

I don't think they're going straight to Negan. Just not going back to Hilltop before going there so they need to bring that one guy (and Jesus) with.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but when the dumpster Glenn episode aired didn't Steven Yeun just finish signing a new TWD contract?

So he can't die right?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but when the dumpster Glenn episode aired didn't Steven Yeun just finish signing a new TWD contract?

So he can't die right?

We don't know the details of the contacts, but I remember David Morrissey publicly talking about how his contract was 5 years but that didn't mean his character would survive that long (and obviously he didn't).

Irobot82

I get the feeling they might be biting off more than they can chew taking on this Negan guy.

I agree. I have a feeling their raid is going to fail. Someone will get captured and Alexandria will be forced to pay tribute. When Maggie said they were going to pay a cost I think it is foreshadowing someone dying.

We don't know the details of the contacts, but I remember David Morrissey publicly talking about how his contract was 5 years but that didn't mean his character would survive that long (and obviously he didn't).

I remember reading that too. I think its something like, even if their character dies they'll be obligated to come back if needed for flashbacks/hallucinations until the contract ends.

Of course its just speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom