• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
HQlpcEXh.jpg

Amikami

Banned
So no new episode next week? The teaser for the next episode said in the coming weeks

I think the preview was a preview for the second quarter of the season. We had one for the first quarter of the season too. All that intense shit you saw in the preview are going to be split into the next 3 episodes.

I missed that middle finger shaped lock last time and only saw Sasha's reaction to it lol...

Jesus kicking all kinds of ass.
Maggie went to town with that tractor.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
In the scene where maggie is talking to whatsername at the table, they start off ladling spaghetti sauce in to the bowls with a ladle the next shot it's a wooden spoon and then in the prayer scene it's back to a black plastic ladle.

Get on that shot consistency game TWD set operators.

Fuckin rookies

TarNaru33

Banned
I'm missing something, what we're Enid and carl talking about? Watching what happen?

About him sneaking in the truck to take a trip to Negan so he can assassinate him... While this is nice and all, I hope his escape or whatever actually makes sense. Also it is annoying in that he is ignoring the serious consequences of doing such an act considering Alexandria, save some few elements, bowed down to Negan for all he know.

Steven Ogg's Simon feels closer to Negan in the comics than bloody Negan in the show does. So much better. Can Simon take over the Saviors?

'Honey, I'm talking to Jesus' was the best line of the show. I like that they kept all of Jesus' books from the comic in his trailer. He feels a bit more younger and more awkward than his comic book counterpart, but I liked Gregory pointing out that Jesus doesn't always stick around.

Maggie and Sasha were amazing. Carl is... yeah...

Edit: derp, I thought it was something with the fat creeper guy trying to take Enid's balloons.

Talking about the premier makes more sense.
Still not sure how Negan manages to find so many damn sadistic bastards.

Episodes really suffer when Rick isn't there.

This one was full of all sorts of cringe and felt even worse that Naruto fillers. It's a shame because the comic was pretty good at this stage.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Mixed bag on this one. What I did like is where all the characters are positioned right now, especially the Enid/Maggie/Sasha grouping. And then you also got Carl and Jesus hitching a ride to Negan together. Some of the moments fell a little flat for me. The zombie fight was shot well but it screamed of them needing an excuse to have a big zombie set piece this week, like the show can only go so long without one. And the rollerskates with Carl & Enid was a little much. Totally see what it was trying to establish but I think something more natural would have worked better. Their moment in the woods together was nice though, especially how they were using the space under Carl's hat.

Fucking Trevor, man. That dude just unsettles me being on screen. Ogg is just killing this role. Of course the character is in his wheelhouse, so more power to him. He's a good #2 for Negan. I'm almost as scared of him as I am of Negan. I liked Simon in this episode more than Negan in last week's. Simon is slightly more subdued about how he is fucking with someone. He's clearly lauding his power of them, but the character isn't swinging for the fences every time like Negan.

Good on Maggie for getting that punch in. Great moment for her character, I was waiting for someone to finally set that guy straight.

All the women in this show look amazing in skinny jeans, by the way. Just throwing that out there.

Terrible acting.
Terrible writing.
Terrible set pieces.

Awful awful episode.

Those fight scenes with Jesus were just beyond ridiculous.

The roller skates bit.

Fuck me. Horrible episode.

The roller skate scene was refreshing. It was nice to have something sweet happen for once. The show needs moments like this, otherwise it's nonstop death and misery all the time. That'd get old, even for a zombie show.

And Jesus is a badass. Please show more of him.

SamuraiX-

Content Roundup – Episode 705: “Go Getters”

AdUpXpA.jpg

AMC Inside The Walking Dead:
  • The Making of Episode 705, “Go Getters” - AMC
  • Inside Episode 705: “Go Getters” - AMC
  • Preview of Episodes 706, 707, & 708 - AMC | International
  • Sneak Peek of Episode 706, “Swear” - AMC | International
Producer & Cast Interviews:
Critic Reviews:
Talking Dead's Inside The Dead
  • Katelyn Nacon and Chandler Riggs both knew how to roller skate before this episode. Despite their experience, the actors logged serious "skate time" before their scene to prepare for the rough terrain.
  • Tonight viewers saw walkers pulverized by Maggie driving a tractor. In reality, it was a manpowered set of blue Styrofoam wheels rolling over stunt performers.
  • Enid is the 7th person we've seen take possession of Hershel's watch. After Hershel it went to Glenn, Termite Alex, Rick, Sasha, Maggie, Gregory and finally Enid.
PLEASE SPOILER TAG ALL PREVIEW/PROMO AND GRAPHIC NOVEL DISCUSSION. REVIEW THE OP FOR COMPLETE THREAD RULES ON SPOILERS.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thought it was a pretty decent episode with some solid character work. The tractor set piece was fun and I liked that they brought in Jesus' high flying kung-fu moves from the comics.

LMAO WTF was that. He inherited Laurie's driving skills.

lol

"Not Maddie, not 'honey', not 'dear.' Maggie... Maggie Rhee."

QUIkpcI.gif

Carl on point this season don't understand why so many don't like him.

I think Chandler Riggs does a fine job with what he's being asked to do, and Carl as a character is about as good as could be expected from a TV teen in the zombie apocalypse.

Very fun episode. This season has been so entertaining so far. I see the usual "boring episode" posts as well. I'm surprised those people still tune in every week.

I like Jesus but he is a little disappointing character tbh. Without his appearance and dropkick skillz he's a nobody. Just another nice duder. He just doesnt have a real personality in a sea of really great ones. Maybe needed a different actor.

what is happening here? Usually we have several pages of comments after a walking dead episode , but this time the response if underwhelming. is gaf getting bored? is that possible?

I like Jesus but he is a little disappointing character tbh. Without his appearance and dropkick skillz he's a nobody. Just another nice duder. He just doesnt have a real personality in a sea of really great ones. Maybe needed a different actor.

I like that he is kind of low key though. That's why he said it himself that he isn't a leader. He doesn't have that strong personality but he will get shit done on the DL.

Hey I just happened to find this suitcase on the side of the road with two pairs of rollerskates in it and guess what they're each our size isn't that crazy Enid?

keiichi

Did anyone catch the preview for upcoming episodes this season on talking dead?

Currentish Comic spoilers about upcoming plots
Could have sworn there was a scene with multiple zombies that all seemed a little 'off' and uniformish, almost like they were wearing masks like the whisperers ... or maybe it was just late and I was imagining things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom