• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grisby

Eh, things could have been tighter. I don't mind Tara really, but I still feel like I'm still waiting for something more with her character. I appreciate her optimism though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, whats-his-face just called that group
Oceansiders
, is this the same group (Comic spoilers)
Michonne meets when separated from the group
? I know The Walking Dead: Michonne is about a gap in her appearance in the comics, so I'm not sure if that's matching. Don't spoil that gap, just give me a yes/no since I haven't read that far into the comics yet.

-griffy-

Banned
What has actually happened this season so far? It's barely progressed at all. I feel like next week we are going to get what should have been episode 3.

I like Tara even and she was fun in this, but it felt like this entire episode could have been a 10 minute B story in any other episode.

Lothar

Banned
Cassandra Petterson has to be the best looking 65 year old, but they made a mistake by not having her in Elvira costume.

dustyherb

Love Aaron on this show so Rick/Aaron road trip is great. Throw in Negan and Jesus and we have ourselves an episode.
Ya next weeks episode looks awesome. Definitely happy to see more Aaron. Can't wait to see what happens with Carl and Jesus.

So, whats-his-face just called that group
Oceansiders
, is this the same group (Comic spoilers)
Michonne meets when separated from the group
? I know The Walking Dead: Michonne is about a gap in her appearance in the comics, so I'm not sure if that's matching. Don't spoil that gap, just give me a yes/no since I haven't read that far into the comics yet.
Comic:
yes seems to be

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Got it. At least I know I now have another point in the comics to get towards.

Decent enough although I feel like while i'm fine with these extended episodes they should've cut abit off of episode 4 and made Kingdom/Sanctuary episode 2 and Episode 3 Hilltop and Tara and extended those by a slight bit.

Yet another hour full of nothing.

I loved the part where the chick tells her life story before she's bout to kill Tara. Because that never backfires.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I know that this section of the show is more like a soft-reboot and introducing all the new settlements, but I cannot wait until the action starts up again. I know that they have to do it, but this is easily the slowest section of the show it's ever been. Still better than the hospital arc which led to absolutely nothing.

I know that this section of the show is more like a soft-reboot and introducing all the new settlements, but I cannot wait until the action starts up again. I know that they have to do it, but this is easily the slowest section of the show it's ever been. Still better than the hospital arc which led to absolutely nothing.

I don't know. Them stumbling around the Greene farm for nearly an entire half season doing nothing but arguing over whether they should carry guns & hunting for a little girl was really damn slow and boring.

Lothar

Banned
2cubW3h.png

BFIB

The show tends to peak and valley after big moments. Peaked its highest with Glenn and Abe, now we are valleying through next week, then it will peak up again leading into the break.

jond76

Banned
I really liked this episode. Some good humor, zombie action, and an indication on how far the Savior's reach is.

Felt bad for Tara during her upbeat journey back to Alexandria. It was a good standalone story that still tied in. Thumbs up, haters!

WaffleTaco

I don't know. Them stumbling around the Greene farm for nearly an entire half season doing nothing but arguing over whether they should carry guns & hunting for a little girl was really damn slow and boring.
I would say that Season 2 was way more drama and character building. They took the time to flesh out everyone's character, which helped immensely with connecting with them.

NYR

Tara with dat season 1 plot armor. Shot at about 75 times that episode? Didn't get hit once. This fucking show.

What has actually happened this season so far? It's barely progressed at all. I feel like next week we are going to get what should have been episode 3.

I like Tara even and she was fun in this, but it felt like this entire episode could have been a 10 minute B story in any other episode.

This

Bandit1

I liked the episode but, why did Tara run from them when they were leading her back to the bridge? Did she think they were going to shoot her anyway?

So basically rick is gondor and all these other communities are middle earth ready to team up against sauron and mordor ...... sorry watching lotr now

I really liked this episode. Some good humor, zombie action, and an indication on how far the Savior's reach is.

Felt bad for Tara during her upbeat journey back to Alexandria. It was a good standalone story that still tied in. Thumbs up, haters!

I mean...if you really want to know (comic spoils)
for the most part they introduced or re-introduced all the key players that will join Rick in his fight against the saviours. Also Maggie becoming the leader of hilltop is a big one too. Lots and lots of groundwork has been laid here.
I'd say plenty happened. But it will be nice to get back to Rick and co next week.

Catdaddy

I can only hope we'll see more of the women's camp, otherwise this was a wasted episode that could have been a10 - 15 minute subplot of another episode...

I didn't hate it and like Tara more than some here so not a complete waste. No Dre conclusion was disappointing, but I guess he'll pop up when he's not shooting 24

Amikami

Banned

Progression is slow yes. Certainly there is some filler but I mean.

• The introduction of the Kingdom and Ezekial and seeing what Carol and Morgan are doing
  • Seeing how the Kingdom is fighting against the Saviors
  • Seeing the Sanctuary and the ebbing dislike of Negan from the inside in Dwight and Sherry.
  • Seeing how Alexandria is handling the saviors with fractured opinions on how to deal with Negan but a hint of insurgency
  • Seing Maggie take on a leadership like role in Hilltop while Jesus gets sent out on an espionage mission.
  • Introduction of the Oceansiders, also with a grudge against Negan and the saviors. Will likely be back.

The show is building a web of associations and people int a way that hints at how the saviors will be handled. Not much has happened in terms of time progression, but a lot has in terms of exposition and set up and the set up is strong and obvious. Whether or not the setup is good is another issue.

Uh.. so where's Heath?

3iSTi11.png

Most likely gone until Season 8 at best (...or longer if Fox somehow finds success replacing Bauer).

IMO a lot of the Heath centric scenes in this ep were of a lower quality than its other parts. For me, you could feel they were rushed, likely filmed over a very short timespan to accommodate the actors other role. The first scene - where Tara and Heath are talking back and forth whilst sitting - almost felt as if both actors filmed in separate locations. Neither appeared on screen at the same time in this scene.

I cannot seen this forcing in more scene from him as long as he as other commitments. He might be gone for good but they left it open ended.

WaffleTaco

I really hope they show some time progression or at least winter. It's been summer since season 4, and we all know it should at least be September.

Progression is slow yes. Certainly there is some filler but I mean.

• The introduction of the Kingdom and Ezekial and seeing what Carol and Morgan are doing
  • Seeing how the Kingdom is fighting against the Saviors
  • Seeing the Sanctuary and the ebbing dislike of Negan from the inside in Dwight and Sherry.
  • Seeing how Alexandria is handling the saviors with fractured opinions on how to deal with Negan but a hint of insurgency
  • Seing Maggie take on a leadership like role in Hilltop while Jesus gets sent out on an espionage mission.
  • Introduction of the Oceansiders, also with a grudge against Negan and the saviors. Will likely be back.

The show is building a web of associations and people int a way that hints at how the saviors will be handled. Not much has happened in terms of time progression, but a lot has in terms of exposition and set up and the set up is strong and obvious. Whether or not the setup is good is another issue.
So it begins the Great War of our time lol

I thought for sure when young girl was questioned about killing anyone and she said she's a good shot, that she had actually taken heath out earlier thinking he was a bandit

WaffleTaco

I remember some crazy autumnal leaf dropping last season, I think. Then suddenly everything is green again.
It's incredibly jarring, but I'm guessing it has to do with the way they film the series. They would have to start filming in November instead of Spring or Summer.

Ecotic

There's so many storylines and characters now that it's becoming hard to follow. It's not necessarily bad but it's odd to go from a Rick-centric show to an ensemble cast. I've watched every new episode as it premiered yet I could not remember what had happened to Tara and why she was separated from the group. It took me a while to remember that her girlfriend had died and that's why Eugene was crying when he saw her. Had Tara not mentioned her girlfriend at the dinner table then I would have forgotten.

I had forgotten over the break what all had happened between Morgan and Carol. I had forgotten almost everything about Tara's black friend with the dreadlocks. I think ratings are probably down because it's getting so hard to keep up with all the ancillary characters and locations. Entire episodes focus on these ancillary characters that few care about. Rick is down to featuring in like only 25% of the episodes.

AMC's promo last week decided to go with "scenes from upcoming episodes of TWD", which felt odd at the time, but now I see why. They didn't want to advertise this episode and let people know it was a Tara episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom