• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfinn

True he didn't rule with an iron fist as much. He had a small group of soldiers and then a bunch of civilians.

Negan doesn't have the problem of trying to maintain a facade of civility with his group, everyone knows they are the bad guys already.

Still the thing that bothers me is Rick really has no ideas of the numbers or reach of Negan, yeah he is probably acting meek to get a better idea of their strength and make a plan but why not convey that in some way? He apparently is doing absolutely nothing to help himself or alexandria while Carl is out scouting their base, whats her name is making new allies, and Carol + Morgan still more. Rosita is making a bullet.

Rick is doing what? Telling everyone to bend over and take it.
Have we seen him give a speech to Alexandria? Because he should. It would at least inspire some motivation for people to push through having to put up with Negan's shit.

What do you think Rick should do, exactly?
You know what's the most memorable thing in this season so far?

We're on easy street
And it feels so sweet
Cause the world is but a treat
When you're on easy street.

*stoopid fucking banjo in the background*
Worst episode I've ever seen in the whole fucking show.

Revolver

Caught up with the episode last night. I was so glad to see a change of scenery. The sight of the beach and water was such a relief. I had totally forgotten about Heath and Tara going on a supply run and being out of the loop. Anyway, it was nice to hear the woman in Oceanside call the undead something besides Walkers or Biters or Lamebrains or whatever and just call them the Dead. Thank you.

I'm guessing Heath got scooped up by the Saviors and maybe all that ammo he saw before the sand collapsed on the bridge could come back into play? Heath might lead the Saviors back to the bridge where they discover Oceanside or maybe it'll come in handy for the other groups to aid in a fight. Just seemed like something they may come back to later.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
L+SD ratings:

Season 7

Episode 1: 17.0 million 8.4 A18-49
Episode 2: 12.5 million 6.1 A18-49
Episode 3: 11.7 million 5.7 A18-49
Episode 4: 11.4 million 5.4 A18-49
Episode 5: 11.0 million 5.2 A18-49
Episode 6: 10.4 million 4.9 A18-49

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
ugh it was so boooring me and the wife did it in two nights, im only end till the end of the Neegan line in the hopes he gets a bat, then im done

L+SD ratings:

Season 7

Episode 1: 17.0 million 8.4 A18-49
Episode 2: 12.5 million 6.1 A18-49
Episode 3: 11.7 million 5.7 A18-49
Episode 4: 11.4 million 5.4 A18-49
Episode 5: 11.0 million 5.2 A18-49
Episode 6: 10.4 million 4.9 A18-49

Who thinks it'll bounce back up a smidge here in the last two eps before the break?

Flo_Evans

Have we seen him give a speech to Alexandria? Because he should. It would at least inspire some motivation for people to push through having to put up with Negan's shit.

What do you think Rick should do, exactly?

Worst episode I've ever seen in the whole fucking show.

At the very least he should of taken one alive after realizing they just attacked an outpost. Send out scouts, figure out their strengths/weakness and attack? Hide your weapons/supplies? Abandon the town for now and use guerrilla tactics against their patrols?

He just had a shit ton of zombies all corralled up that they could of sent their way.

I mean they should of been doing all this as soon as Daryl discovered them, for some reason they just kind of ignored this group until they found the hilltop.

I mean has Rick done a damn thing proactively against the saviors? Besides murder the outpost that everyone said was a stupid idea.

Lets just recap Ricks leadership from the last season and a half.

1. finds a huge group of zombies in the quarry. Decides to march them south, OK this plan was kind of fucked up by the wolves attacking the town but it was kind of stupid anyway. A few barrel bombs in the quarry would have worked. -10 Alexandria residents.

2. neglects tower maintenance, zombies from quarry now inside the walls, kill his girlfriend and a bunch of other people. Son gets his eye shot out, would of been dead if not for Michonne.

3. plans to attack the saviors even though they know nothing about them. Loses Carol and Morgan.

4. maggie is sick, so lets take a huge RV full of people through enemy territory! Why not sneak the doctor back to Alexandria on foot or something. Glen and Abraham dead. Daryl captured.

5. New sheriff in town, but I am not gonna tell anyone or prepare in anyway. Lets them walk in and take pretty much everything.

Rick has been fucking up pretty bad. He actually still doesn't even know about the 2 other possible allies. He still has no idea where Carl is. He has no idea of Negans full strength or capabilities but is somehow convinced it is hopeless.

Surfinn

At the very least he should of taken one alive after realizing they just attacked an outpost. Send out scouts, figure out their strengths/weakness and attack? Hide your weapons/supplies? Abandon the town for now and use guerrilla tactics against their patrols?

He just had a shit ton of zombies all corralled up that they could of sent their way.

I mean they should of been doing all this as soon as Daryl discovered them, for some reason they just kind of ignored this group until they found the hilltop.

I mean has Rick done a damn thing proactively against the saviors? Besides murder the outpost that everyone said was a stupid idea.

Nah I totally agree with you that Rick should have done everything differently before the outpost offensive.

But in the here and now.. the only thing I can see Rick doing differently is rallying Alexandria around a plan, even if that plan isn't to attack or rebel just yet. He needs to inspire confidence that all hope isn't lost and that they'll prevail in some way, even if that means saying "we'll get through this" in some dramatic fashion.

Right now people are panicked and scared shitless.. they need a leader to offer up at least some hope that things will improve.

Other than that.. all Rick can do is plan and wait for an opportunity to strike back. He's also gotta be VERY careful how he approaches an uprising, as the slightest whiff of this (even among casual citizens) will send Negan knocking at Alexandria's doorstep.

Rick cannot fail again or they're all done for.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

We're on easy street
And it feels so sweet

Honestly I listen to that song on repeat and it just makes me happier.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
This is the same scenario in every season though. The governor had them ridiculously outnumbered and outgunned, the terminus people, the ex cops...

I haven't read the comics but according to wikipedia there are about 70 saviors. They have taken out at least 20 of them already?

I really don't buy that they are this unstoppable force. The show hasn't shown that at least.

Fuck Carol took out 5 by herself when she was ambushed and didn't want to fight. She only had to be "rescued" because she wanted the last guy to kill her.

Honestly the dumbest thing is Negan not seeing how effective and brutal the group is and letting them live.

I agree. If anything he should have killed Rick. Its cool tho. Rick under estimated Negan, The Saviors. Negan is under estimating Rick n Co.

We're on easy street
And it feels so sweet

I want this song on my phone now.

Faddy

Banned
That episode wasn't filler though - Tara just stumbled upon an entirely new community that has tons of guns. That's obviously going to be very important in the future.

Why do they have guns though? We know the saviors killed all the men so why didn't they also take the guns. Seem pretty stupid to leave automatic weapons in the hands of your enemy.

WaffleTaco

Why do they have guns though? We know the saviors killed all the men so why didn't they also take the guns. Seem pretty stupid to leave automatic weapons in the hands of your enemy.
You are asking questions we don't know. Why did Negan kill all the men??

I think you really need to have patience with this.

Realeza

Banned
So pretty much this arc will be about how the smaller communities will gang up to take on the saviors, right? The ocean ladies have the guns, the hilltop has good tactical positioning, Alexandria has the experts, and the kingdom has Shiva.

So pretty much this arc will be about how the smaller communities will gang up to take on the saviors, right? The ocean ladies have the guns, the hilltop has good tactical positioning, Alexandria has the experts, and the kingdom has Shiva.

The Kingdom has Carol

Tara's actress is awesome.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...-in-powerful-post_us_583efbd6e4b04fcaa4d60506

In the post, Masterson wrote, “Maybe you can’t get it through your thick fucking skull, but nursing a baby for a year (and pumping in a van between takes, in the dead of summer in Georgia) is a lot of work, determination, and scheduling. So before you decide to make a comment about my chest being ‘too large’ or how ‘fat’ I’ve become, just know that this little girl got the best start to life.”

She added that during that time she was also doing her own stunts.

“I would LOVE to see any man or woman give birth to a baby, nurse the baby, and then work 17 hour days and NAIL their own stunts,” said Masterson before ending the post, “P.s.s. Be kind to each other. We need it now more than ever.”

Starfield

I think the final conclusion has been shown waaay too early.

We saw the Hilltop, the Kingdom and now the Oceangirls with all the guns.

Anyone with more than two brain cells can connect the dots and guess whats going to happen.

As a TV show only watcher Negan looks already like a weakling again.

There where like what...2-3 episodes where the audience had to actually fear Negan because of his power? But now that we see how many communities are out there Negan and his men are gonna get toasted and fed to the chickens

she is super cooooooool

Not sure why any human would be hating on her chest to begin with but stupid nonetheless.

Anyone with more than two brain cells can connect the dots and guess whats going to happen.

There where like what...2-3 episodes where the audience had to actually fear Negan because of his power? But now that we see how many communities are out there Negan and his men are gonna get toasted and fed to the chickens

the saviours have the advantage regardless. They are in a position of power and probably have more people even when you figure in the rest. Oceanside didn't seem to have that many people. Hilltop and the kingdom aren't exactly filled to the brim with good fighters. Alexandria might be the only one with a lot of people with lots of fighting experience. Long ways to go.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The penultimate episode of season 7.A is tonight!

Sing Me a Song

A much more detailed look into the world of the Saviors and their home, the Sanctuary, is shown. Meanwhile, members of Alexandria look for supplies.

Tonight's episode was written by ? and was directed by ?.

The episode has a running time of 90 minutes.

The guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead are:

Chandler Riggs (Carl)
Josh Homme (musician, Queens of the Stone Age)
Gale Ann Hurd (executive producer)

WaffleTaco

You would think so, but then you have people complaining of filler.

You would think so, but then you have people complaining of filler.

I know it's not the same people (and it's a random comparison), but how people complain about this show but Luke Cage got rave reviews, I don't know. I'm struggling to finish LC, but Walking Dead I anticipate every week. A real head scratcher.

Knoxcore

Man, I completely FORGOT a new episode was airing this Sunday. Pretty happy my desire to watch any of this show is finally waning enough to almost fully let it go.
I didn't watch last week's episode and don't think I'll watch tonight's. Going to opt for the finale of Westworld.

ohNOitsRO

Yo I just saw that tonight's episode is an hour and a half and my first thought was "they're somehow fitting 50 minutes of commercials"

I'm fucking out until I can see this without an hour and 15 minutes worth of commercials..

Surfinn

But can they make an extended episode that's justified with its extra runtime? Lots of these could be cut short and improved, I think.

Yo I just saw that tonight's episode is an hour and a half and my first thought was "they're somehow fitting 50 minutes of commercials"

I'm fucking out until I can see this without an hour and 15 minutes worth of commercials..

Ah yes, that reminds me:

Tonight's episode is 90 minutes.

So it's essentially a 63 minute episode with 27 minutes of commercials (if we use the basic 21/42 for 30/60 that TV shows run). Which means I'll start watching by DVR'd version around 9:30ish so I can just skip the commercials but still finish ~10:30.

I know this is tragic coming from me but I'm going to have to watch westworld live tonight as it is the finale. Then I'll go back to walking dead live starting next week.

This should be a good one, enjoy peeps.

Hey, I think it's time to go. Lesssgo!
I know this is tragic coming from me but I'm going to have to watch westworld live tonight as it is the finale. Then I'll go back to walking dead live starting next week.

This should be a good one, enjoy peeps.
Just started Westworld myself, early in.

Jarrod38

And Rick and Aaron's counterpart in Philly right now.
2750c75f6a98f2979bd7cbff9b47c54d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom