• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

masud

Banned
I strongly prefer the separate episodes for each story. If they tried cram all these narratives into a single episode it would start to feel like a soap opera. For example I'd rather not watch bits and pieces of Maggie at the Hilltop for 6 episodes to get to where we are now.

Steejee

I honestly did not remember that Tara was even alive. I just have so little investment in anyone who's left. Carl and his GF should run off and start their own show.

Alright episode, but this season feels like it's just spinning its wheels. Tons and tons of setup that I can only assume will go nowhere interesting in the end. 'Georgia as VA near DC' continues to be hilarious to me. Also, it's a looooong way from anything near Alexandria VA to any part of the Chesapeake Bay if you're going to walk it.

Also, why is everyone still so terrible at dealing with walkers still? It's comical how badly everyone looks like a flailing child when they show up despite it being like year 2 or 3 of this thing (and WTF happened to winter?).

Jobbs

Banned
This show is so fucking boring -- and this episode, while it had some good moments (I liked the ending sequence of her trip back home) it was so poorly written, paced, and acted I was a little taken aback.

I'm in love with Rosita though. If everyone's getting a long pointless episode can we at least give her one

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Have they ever shown Winter on this show? They always skip it.
They mentioned winter in the time skip from season 2 to 3 and how it just endedz And it has been the same year since then...it's beyond ridiculous now.

I honestly did not remember that Tara was even alive. I just have so little investment in anyone who's left. Carl and his GF should run off and start their own show.

Alright episode, but this season feels like it's just spinning its wheels. Tons and tons of setup that I can only assume will go nowhere interesting in the end. 'Georgia as VA near DC' continues to be hilarious to me. Also, it's a looooong way from anything near Alexandria VA to any part of the Chesapeake Bay if you're going to walk it.

Also, why is everyone still so terrible at dealing with walkers still? It's comical how badly everyone looks like a flailing child when they show up despite it being like year 2 or 3 of this thing (and WTF happened to winter?).
You are really assuming the set up will go no where? I mean is it not obvious that all these groups having a connection to Rick's mean that they are going to team up to take on the Saviors.

Jobbs

Banned
They mentioned winter in the time skip from season 2 to 3 and how it just endedz And it has been the same year since then...it's beyond ridiculous now.

Wait, it's been the same year since season 3? How do they explain Coral growing up and going through puberty and growing long ridiculous hair

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Wait, it's been the same year since season 3? How do they explain Coral growing up and going through puberty and growing long ridiculous hair
Apparently the show runners and some others say otherwise, but at this point in the show if they were following that timeline it should be winter by now, at least January.

Azriell

I love fantasizing about zombie survival bases, and the bridge was one of the most unique I've ever seen. That's the only good thing I can really say about this episode.

It's interesting that there are secret communities out there, and it's cool that it was a community of girls, but it all felt so inconsequential. I doubt this community will ever come up again, and it really felt like the whole point was to show Tara's (Tera's?) character when she doesn't tell Rosita. I'm guessing they will eventually band together with the other communities to fight Negan, but even if it turns out to be true it won't save this episode from feeling pointless.

I can't believe how many people don't remember characters from this show. It's one thing to forget an extra or whatever but Tara has been on this show for 2 seasons now.
I think most people remembered her once she was on screen, but if you turned to someone ten minutes before the episode and said "Hey what do you think Tara is up to" they wouldn't know who you were talking about.

And she's been been around for two seasons but hasn't really done anything except try to fist bump everyone in sight, even when she's with the main group she just sort of fades into the background. To me she honestly feels like a character they meant to kill off but forgot; like they threw her in for that tension of her fighting for the Governor but once that faded that was about it for her. When you take a character like that and throw her under a rock since before the end of the prior season I don't think you can blame people for forgetting her.

Lothar

Banned
I can't believe how many people don't remember characters from this show. It's one thing to forget an extra or whatever but Tara has been on this show for 2 seasons now.

Because she's a terrible bland character that hasn't been seen in a long time. The only reason she'll be remembered by everyone from now on is because she just gave us one of the top 3 worst episodes.

Apparently the show runners and some others say otherwise, but at this point in the show if they were following that timeline it should be winter by now, at least January.

The show is really off the wall about this shit too. I think it's roughly day 600 or os now but after Season 3 there was a few months time jump to establish order in the prison with all the new meembers and building the community but even then it's weird and i'm gonna give some examples.
1. At the end of Season 3 they are wearing heavier clothing and you could see their breath from the cold then suddenly in season 4 it's like mid summer.
2. By season 4's end you know the season that started out in the bright summer days? Well the season is spread over what? 2 weeks max from start to finish yet by the final episodes you can tell how cold it is yet again by people talking and etc not to mention Rick is sporting his comic coat.
3. Same with the end of season 6 after having a bright and sunny adventure to D.C. to end up in bright and sunny Alexandria where Rick no longer needs his coat (until they start filming in like October/November again) where when Negan talks and specifically in a very common gif you see of him chuckling you can just tell how cold it is. You can't in the season 7 premiere though.

groansey

Wasn't there another time skip at Alexandria, by about 3 months. Would've covered Winter?

Episode was awful. One of the worst they've done. Everything about it was low-quality.

I really enjoyed that episode. People really getting upset because the seasons aren't passing correctly and because you assume that all these plot threads will go nowhere, when it's obvious they will?

Jobbs

Banned
I really enjoyed that episode. People really getting upset because the seasons aren't passing correctly and because you assume that all these plot threads will go nowhere, when it's obvious they will?

No, I'm down in it because it's boring and I'm tired of each storyline taking weeks off before I can see what happens next and the shoe slowly slowly slowly heads towards nowhere

no wonder the ratings of the show has dropped significantly after season premiere, it's been very low.
for somebody that reads the comics, the show is getting really boring

thenexus6

Man I feel like I am watching a Shonen Jump anime with all this filler.. I don't expect violence, action and killing each episode, but literally nothing is happening right now. Just a waste of time.

someday

Banned
She's been absent since mid-to-late last season and contributed almost nothing to the recent overall series of events. She's a good character but it's not the viewers' fault the writers didn't make her more memorable, at least closer to the end of last season.

I think most people remembered her once she was on screen, but if you turned to someone ten minutes before the episode and said "Hey what do you think Tara is up to" they wouldn't know who you were talking about.

And she's been been around for two seasons but hasn't really done anything except try to fist bump everyone in sight, even when she's with the main group she just sort of fades into the background. To me she honestly feels like a character they meant to kill off but forgot; like they threw her in for that tension of her fighting for the Governor but once that faded that was about it for her. When you take a character like that and throw her under a rock since before the end of the prior season I don't think you can blame people for forgetting her.

Because she's a terrible bland character that hasn't been seen in a long time. The only reason she'll be remembered by everyone from now on is because she just gave us one of the top 3 worst episodes.

Haha, she's not a high-priority character, granted, but I just can't imagine completely forgetting that she existed. She had that episode before the Gov went crazy again, then the episode with Glenn, then she hooked up with Denise and flipped Rick off on that fence (which is one of my favorite moments of the series). She also told Eugene he was creepy when she caught him watching Abe and Rosita in the library. I mean, she's been on the show. Fair enough though. I suppose when the viewers forget characters exist, it's about the writers and pacing and these bottle episodes aren't doing any favors.

Blatz

Haha, she's not a high-priority character, granted, but I just can't imagine completely forgetting that she existed. She had that episode before the Gov went crazy again, then the episode with Glenn, then she hooked up with Denise and flipped Rick off on that fence (which is one of my favorite moments of the series). She also told Eugene he was creepy when she caught him watching Abe and Rosita in the library. I mean, she's been on the show. Fair enough though. I suppose when the viewers forget characters exist, it's about the writers and pacing and these bottle episodes aren't doing any favors.

The actress was also pregnant & had the baby. They kind of wrote her out on purpose.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I also forgot about Tara, and Heath. That makes 5 X factors Negan doesnt know about with Rick's group.

Carol
Morgan
Tara
Heath
Maggie

Even tho Sasha is with Maggie she was in the lineup. Negan thinks Maggie is dead.

You are really assuming the set up will go no where? I mean is it not obvious that all these groups having a connection to Rick's mean that they are going to team up to take on the Saviors.

I mean yea its kinda obvious whats gonna happen. I even have a theory that each new community will have a member from Rick's group as their lead. Wouldnt be surprised if members from Rick's group took up residence in different communities. Just to be prepared for the next Negan.

Surfinn

I also forgot about Tara, and Heath. That makes 5 X factors Negan doesnt know about with Rick's group.

Carol
Morgan
Tara
Heath
Maggie

Even tho Sasha is with Maggie she was in the lineup. Negan thinks Maggie is dead.

I mean yea its kinda obvious whats gonna happen. I even have a theory that each new community will have a member from Rick's group as their lead. Wouldnt be surprised if members from Rick's group took up residence in different communities. Just to be prepared for the next Negan.

Maybe I'm blanking here, but.. what was the point of hiding Maggie from Negan?

Blatz

Not sure but the implication was there. Which is why the reverend piped up and pretended she was dead.

Surfinn is right though. I don't think Negan said anything about taking Maggie before Gabriel dug the fake graves.

My thought was that they figured if Negan knew she we pregnant he'd take her back. They were just being overprotective of her. It's a small plot hole I think.

Surfinn is right though. I don't think Negan said anything about taking Maggie before Gabriel dug the fake graves.

My thought was that they figured if Negan knew she we pregnant he'd take her back. They were just being overprotective of her. It's a small plot hole I think.

Sorry my bad, I meant the implication that he had further plans for Maggie.

_Ryo_

"Swear" just might be literally the worst and most cringe inducing hour of television I have ever watched.

Yes, much worse than any episode from Season 2, even.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
The whole Maggie is dead thing. I just thought it was something to keep as an ace against Negan. I didnt think Negan had plans for Maggie.

Its risky as hell tho because if Negan finds out they lied to him......

Surfinn

"Swear" just might be literally the worst and most cringe inducing hour of television I have ever watched.

Yes, much worse than any episode from Season 2, even.

Meh the hate with S2 is straight up hyperbole. It's a good season for the characters, just not so much for the plot moving forward.

keiichi

I thought Negan was implying that he would take Maggie back to the camp and rape her... something about wives who just lost their husbands being fiesta, not 100% sure

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The whole Maggie is dead thing. I just thought it was something to keep as an ace against Negan. I didnt think Negan had plans for Maggie.

Its risky as hell tho because if Negan finds out they lied to him......
Are they gonna have to hide her in the closet everytime he visits? Even after Jesus makes her their leader? 🤔

Surfinn

I'm surprised they even tried to hide her.. she's eventually going to be discovered by a savior. Or someone will tell in fear of retaliation. If they can't handle hiding one weapon.. seems like hiding a leader is much harder in a community filled with people you don't trust.

Floex

I strongly prefer the separate episodes for each story. If they tried cram all these narratives into a single episode it would start to feel like a soap opera. For example I'd rather not watch bits and pieces of Maggie at the Hilltop for 6 episodes to get to where we are now.

How it would it feel different to say Game of Thrones? Your logic is flawed.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I think I need a few more episodes to understand just how bad the Saviors are.

Like, I get that they're bad. But are they REALLY bad?

I'm not sure.

Next week's episode is about how they position the toilet paper roll in the incorrect underhand position instead of the preferred overhand position. These are some bad hombres.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom