• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javier

Spencers actor is fucking terrible at acting.

his death animation was shakespeare level of bad acting. Like what the fuck are you ding.
It was like he was trying to put the guts back in, and then when he couldn't, he's like "Damn, this is not cool at all"

I wonder if Olivia may not be dead. After she's shot, we see Carl standing next to her and see that the bullet hit her on the cheek. We don't see her again after that and none of the Saviors bothers to check her body. No reanimation, no subsequent burial, nothing.

It was like he was trying to put the guts back in, and then when he couldn't, he's like "Damn, this is not cool at all"

I wonder if Olivia may not be dead. After she's shot, we see Carl standing next to her and see that the bullet hit her on the cheek. We don't see her again after that and none of the Saviors bothers to check her body. No reanimation, no subsequent burial, nothing.

I'm assuming she was shot in the head (under the cheek yes) and therefore no need to show reanimation (she won't turn into a zombie having been shot in the head).

I like how the "Rick is a lame pussy" arc that everyone complained about lasted for all of 3 episodes. :p

Rick was a lame pussy and apparently all it took to change him back was Michonne talking sense into him. Which also happened a couple episodes ago but he disagreed with her then. What changed? Negan waltzed in and murked Spencer, whom Rick probably want to stab his own self.

Again, massive 180 and about face with Rick as a character for the purpose of the plot. Did I like the episode? Sure... I liked that it wasn't focused on one character. I liked that they came together and did the bro hug. I liked the gun as a symbol of Rick regaining his dick, because he was clearly without one for 3 episodes.

J2 Cool

Was kind of a uninspired turnaround for ole Rick. Maybe if Michonne convinced him to at least visit Hilltop, and he sees the old bros there I could see that being enough to turn him.

Amikami

Banned
Rick was a lame pussy and apparently all it took to change him back was Michonne talking sense into him. Which also happened a couple episodes ago but he disagreed with her then. What changed? Negan waltzed in and murked Spencer, whom Rick probably want to stab his own self.

Again, massive 180 and about face with Rick as a character for the purpose of the plot. Did I like the episode? Sure... I liked that it wasn't focused on one character. I liked that they came together and did the bro hug. I liked the gun as a symbol of Rick regaining his dick, because he was clearly without one for 3 episodes.

Michonne didn't completely convince him. When Michonne came to him and said that, he had already resolved the conflict. Michonne just made it hella concrete to him and made him know that they were in it together. He had been kneeling in the cell as if he was thinking (I'm assuming the cell will be important later.) After she told him, he said "yeah, I know that now."

What changed was Rick's realization of what that guy in the Kingdom was trying to convince Carol and Morgon of (There's a reason he appears in this episode). He said something like: "We have peace with the saviors now, but you look at them wrong and things go south." Rick's fear completely resolves around losing people, not around Negan. Rick thought he could keep his family safe by abiding by the new rules. He told Michonne, "We do this and we have some kind of a life." He thought that Negan would simply leave them be for the most part, at least to the extent of not killing anymore. But he had to find out the hard way.

Rick and Aaron go through hell and hot water to get the supplies for Negan. Supplies that they need themselves, but they do it to go towards the quota that keeps them alive. Aaron nearly dies for it, only for the both of them to get home and have a Savior grunt beat Aaron nearly to death and for Spencer to have gotten gutted for "Not having guts." Which triggered Olivia's death of course.

It would have been one thing to kill carl which Negan strangely didn't do, but he killed Spencer for no good reason at all. I'm not sure why you'd think Rick wanted Spencer dead.

Negan proceeds to say "Whatever's waiting for me at the gate isn't enough" before having even seen it. Take Eugene with him, so now Rick has lost six people in total, 4 dead and 2 taken, 3 before abiding and 3 after. Whether he follows the rules or not, shit is the same and it'll never be enough. Negan will squeeze and squeeze till their's nothing left, so "You win, but you still lose." (The note is representative of the situation)

This is what changed in my opinion. That's not a 180, that's a real ass epiphany, one that Rick was too shook to see sooner. I think the show did a great job of pointing out the change in Rick's demeanor.

And damn you really like the who no dick/no balls/pussy/emasculation angle don't you. Funny because the women in this show have been the most aggressive in coping with the situation.

That all seems rather obvious, but the poster you addressed thought it would be fine if Rick just killed Negan a few episodes back, even though they are massively out manned and outgunned. Ridiculous

I think Rick probably could have killed Negan a couple of episodes ago. I'm sure he has a few loyal soldiers, like the woman that killed Olivia, but the way we've seen some saviors act when they're away from Negan pretty much shows they're only going along out of fear. Without Negan I don't think there would be a ton of saviors out for revenge.

Linius

I think Rick probably could have killed Negan a couple of episodes ago. I'm sure he has a few loyal soldiers, like the woman that killed Olivia, but the way we've seen some saviors act when they're away from Negan pretty much shows they're only going along out of fear. Without Negan I don't think there would be a ton of saviors out for revenge.

The problem is that Negan is usually surrounded by saviors. At least everywhere he goes there are always a couple of loyal gun thirsty saviors nearby. Killing Negan is basically a suicide mission. At least a lot of blood will be shed.

Thinking trough an attack on the saviors (the way they seem to be heading now) makes more sense to me.

Volimar

Happy holidays Walking Dead GAF!

xkNsmdQ.gif

Symphonia

Banned
I'm assuming she was shot in the head (under the cheek yes) and therefore no need to show reanimation (she won't turn into a zombie having been shot in the head).
How do you explain Spencer turning? He wasn't bitten or attacked by a walker, yet he turned after being stabbed by Negan. Olivia was also killed by a non-walker, and didn't turn like Spencer did.

Volimar

How do you explain Spencer turning? He wasn't bitten or attacked by a walker, yet he turned after being stabbed by Negan. Olivia was also killed by a non-walker, and didn't turn like Spencer did.

If the brain is damaged you don't turn. Olivia was shot in the head, the brain was damaged. Spencer was gutted, the brain was not damaged any further than it was in life when he thought he could go up against Rick.

Symphonia

Banned
If the brain is damaged you don't turn. Olivia was shot in the head, the brain was damaged. Spencer was gutted, the brain was not damaged any further than it was in life when he thought he could go up against Rick.
Yes, but unless I'm missing something, don't you need to be bitten or attacked by a walker to turn? Spencer was neither bitten nor attacked by a walker. He was stabbed by Negan. So how/why did he turn? Infected blood on the blade?

Volimar

Yes, but unless I'm missing something, don't you need to be bitten or attacked by a walker to turn? Spencer was neither bitten nor attacked by a walker. He was stabbed by Negan. So how/why did he turn? Infected blood on the blade?

No. Everyone is infected. The bites from walkers bring on a fever that always results in death, but you can die from any cause and come back. The man from the CDC told Rick and we've seen it happen since then. The only way you don't reanimate is if the brain is sufficiently damaged.

You can die of a heart attack or stroke and you will turn, can't remember what series they found out but the zombie gene is in all of us and we all become a zombie unless you die through some sort of head trauma.

Now that the finale has had time to settle I really hope Negan isn't a one series antagonist and all the groups gangs up on him at the end of the next run. I want to see that dude causing chaos in the show for the next few years.

Kinyou

I found it really weird how everyone was coming out to watch Spencer and Negan play pool. You'd think Spencer would propose his plan with less people around.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I found it really weird how everyone was coming out to watch Spencer and Negan play pool. You'd think Spencer would propose his plan with less people around.

I think they were more curious about why Spencer and Negan were being chummy than the plan. I mean they pulled the pool table out, so I'm thinking it was Negan wanting to show a "good side" before putting the fear of God into them.

MisterR

Did we watch the same episode? this really confuses me.

One thing I learned a long time ago in this thread is that people watch the episodes and frequently have no idea what's going on for some reason. I don't know if they half watch while playing on their phones or if it just goes over their head.

Vagabundo

Really enjoyed that episode after the faffing around by a fre of the characters. Looks like half the group had Negan death plans anyway, so they might as well do that shit properly.

I knew Rick would come around. I can buy he was in shock after the premiere. Denying the fact that the Saviours are impossible to please and couldn't give a shit about sustainability of the other communities. They are Internet Trolls made real, with fake ass rules and all.

Looks like war planning after the break. Looking forward to it.

One thing I learned a long time ago in this thread is that people watch the episodes and frequently have no idea what's going on for some reason. I don't know if they half watch while playing on their phones or if it just goes over their head.

Bingo.

2nd half will be intense because they will have to plan in secrecy across (3)? communities.

so it'll be like a spy game with plans hidden in front of their eyes :p

J2 Cool

Did we watch the same episode? this really confuses me.

Rick was decided right as Michonne finished here speech. "Yeah, I know that now. I know that now."

Then he arrives at Hilltop to see Maggie and instantly hits her with "You were right. Right from the start, you told us to get ready to fight."

The group being there was the cherry on top. I feel like Rick should have been holding on tighter to his non-violent approach, after being steadfast as such for so long. You could have used the group's presence being the catalyst to him deciding to fight, and he makes his choice as Daryl hands him the gun. As it is, he made his choice in the cellar with Michonne long before the gun.

That's all I'm saying. Was still excited to see the band back together, but that didn't decide it for Rick which I would have preferred. The catalyst instead was whatever Michonne discovered for herself, without Rick having much of an arc himself through the episode's events. Just more of the same treatment.

Amikami

Banned

Sounds about right. Reminds me of when Carl lost an eye and people were complaining about plot armor cuz they thought he got bit. I'm like really. One of the most freaking intense moments of the episode.

masud

Banned

You're not the first person I've seen say this but I don't see that at all. All I've seen is Negans totally capable and committed second in command and a bunch of grunts that literally call themselves Negan too.

dustyherb

Rick was decided right as Michonne finished here speech. "Yeah, I know that now. I know that now."

Then he arrives at Hilltop to see Maggie and instantly hits her with "You were right. Right from the start, you told us to get ready to fight."

The group being there was the cherry on top. I feel like Rick should have been holding on tighter to his non-violent approach, after being steadfast as such for so long. You could have used the group's presence being the catalyst to him deciding to fight, and he makes his choice as Daryl hands him the gun. As it is, he made his choice in the cellar with Michonne long before the gun.

That's all I'm saying. Was still excited to see the band back together, but that didn't decide it for Rick which I would have preferred. The catalyst instead was whatever Michonne discovered for herself, without Rick having much of an arc himself through the episode's events. Just more of the same treatment.
It wasn't Michonne that convinced Rick they have to fight. It was Spencer and Olivia dying. Aaron and Rick talked in this episode about how cooperating with Negan and the saviors was going to keep people alive. Rick gets back to Alexandria and two people still ended up dying. So Rick finally realizes that something has to be done or else people are just going to keep dying.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Michonne didn't completely convince him. When Michonne came to him and said that, he had already resolved the conflict. Michonne just made it hella concrete to him and made him know that they were in it together. He had been kneeling in the cell as if he was thinking (I'm assuming the cell will be important later.) After she told him, he said "yeah, I know that now."

What changed was Rick's realization of what that guy in the Kingdom was trying to convince Carol and Morgon of (There's a reason he appears in this episode). He said something like: "We have peace with the saviors now, but you look at them wrong and things go south." Rick's fear completely resolves around losing people, not around Negan. Rick thought he could keep his family safe by abiding by the new rules. He told Michonne, "We do this and we have some kind of a life." He thought that Negan would simply leave them be for the most part, at least to the extent of not killing anymore. But he had to find out the hard way.

Rick and Aaron go through hell and hot water to get the supplies for Negan. Supplies that they need themselves, but they do it to go towards the quota that keeps them alive. Aaron nearly dies for it, only for the both of them to get home and have a Savior grunt beat Aaron nearly to death and for Spencer to have gotten gutted for "Not having guts." Which triggered Olivia's death of course.

It would have been one thing to kill carl which Negan strangely didn't do, but he killed Spencer for no good reason at all. I'm not sure why you'd think Rick wanted Spencer dead.

Negan proceeds to say "Whatever's waiting for me at the gate isn't enough" before having even seen it. Take Eugene with him, so now Rick has lost six people in total, 4 dead and 2 taken, 3 before abiding and 3 after. Whether he follows the rules or not, shit is the same and it'll never be enough. Negan will squeeze and squeeze till their's nothing left, so "You win, but you still lose." (The note is representative of the situation)

This is what changed in my opinion. That's not a 180, that's a real ass epiphany, one that Rick was too shook to see sooner. I think the show did a great job of pointing out the change in Rick's demeanor.

And damn you really like the who no dick/no balls/pussy/emasculation angle don't you. Funny because the women in this show have been the most aggressive in coping with the situation.

You can't be serious with this question, right?

Some ppl might wanna either watch the show from the first season or re watch it from the first season...

Everybody should know this by know especially if you saw the season they met Herschel, Maggie and the rest of her family. The last time Rick and Shane saw each other would remind ppl.

riotous

Banned

That was silly as hell; like everyone just wandered out of the same meeting in an ajacent building.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
That was silly as hell; like everyone just wandered out of the same meeting in an ajacent building.
I mean not really? It cuts to Negan and Spencer playing pool, so yeah this would be weird to the Alexanderia people so they would want to see what's up.

xaosslug

bingo! I also think what Carl did + Rosita's grief pushing her to where she had Eugene make a bullet to assassinate Negan made Rick rethink his stance as far as how he feels = how the group SHOULD feel, etc. That's why they went straight to Maggie and them.

Symphonia

Banned
Some ppl might wanna either watch the show from the first season or re watch it from the first season...

Everybody should know this by know especially if you saw the season they met Herschel, Maggie and the rest of her family. The last time Rick and Shane saw each other would remind ppl.
It's been six and a bit seasons since the first one. God forbid I forget a tiny detail from one of the earliest episodes. It doesn't help that Spencer was the only person I've seen - from recollection - that has died of a result from a non-walker and turned.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
It's been six and a bit seasons since the first one. God forbid I forget a tiny detail from one of the earliest episodes. It doesn't help that Spencer was the only person I've seen - from recollection - that has died of a result from a non-walker and turned.

But what happened with Rick and Shane, them meeting the scientist at the CDC... all that was so memorable, lol.

You were not supposed to forget.

Even the season with the Gov. and Meryl. What the Gov did to his lackey. That wound up biting Andrea.

Details, man. Details.

Symphonia

Banned
But what happened with Rick and Shane, them meeting the scientist at the CDC... all that was so memorable, lol.

You were not supposed to forget.

Even the season with the Gov. and Meryl. What the Gov did to his lackey. That wound up biting Andrea.

Details, man. Details.
The CDC is from the first season, and that 'detail' is mentioned in passing to Rick. It's never really picked up on and explained properly. I don't recall any of The Governor's men coming back as walkers, nor do I remember Shane coming back. I remember Rick shooting him in the field outside Hershel's farm, but that's it. Maybe I do need to rewatch it all.

The CDC is from the first season, and that 'detail' is mentioned in passing to Rick. It's never really picked up on and explained properly. I don't recall any of The Governor's men coming back as walkers, nor do I remember Shane coming back. I remember Rick shooting him in the field outside Hershel's farm, but that's it. Maybe I do need to rewatch it all.

There's like a huge moment where Rick shares this information with the group and their reactions to it. It's something you can only miss if you didn't watch those episodes or weren't paying attention.

TS-08

That's not a tiny detail at all though. It was an important story reveal and has been shown multiple times since we found that out. Just this season Dwight shot a guy in the back and they showed him later as a Walker.

RenditMan

Banned

Hershels head was alive after getting lopped off. There's literally been loads of re animations due to none walker deaths.

RenditMan

Banned
It's because Frank Darabont was showrunner at the time. They could also hold things and turn door knobs back in season 1.

The first we saw picked a doll up. The kid walker at the petrol station just after Rick woke up.

They were all rather fresh back then though, they got less capable the longer they rotted.

dustyherb

Both Milton and Merle came back as walkers after the Governor killed them both. Shane came back and Carl ended up killing him. Hershel's head even turned after the Governor chopped off his head. It was all explained in the season 2 finale. Rick killing Shane and seeing him come back was what confirmed it all for Rick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom