• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeySeuss

I think at least the first half of the season will be fairly dark when the story focuses on Rick and the gang. The moments of levity and to catch your breath will be Carol's new friends and learning about their community.

I was looking for a content roundup post of reviews/reactions from the S6 finale but couldn't find one (there's no such link in the thread's OP), does anyone know if there was one?

Enforced

I'm really excited and nervous for this season, I can't wait. I enjoyed season 6 but I feel like the writers kill lot of characters. I know that what the walking dead is about but I feel like they overdid it. I think they need to tone it down little bit. That's my opinion though.

Trick_GSF

Banned
Tonight will be rough going, but.. it's going to be okay. It'll work out, and everything will be okay.

SBodX.jpg

woolley

I'm really excited and nervous for this season, I can't wait. I enjoyed season 6 but I feel like the writers kill lot of characters. I know that what the walking dead is about but I feel like they overdid it. I think they need to tone it down little bit. That's my opinion though.

Nah, the main cast has been safe for way too long, they need to start making some sacrifices.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
My mind says Maggie and Abraham get it tonight but I wish they'd go balls out and off Daryl and Michonne...it'd be Negan's way of showing Rick who's the man now.

Do think Rick's hand goes bye bye though...

Doubt it. Kirkman said he regretted doing it in the comic, plus the added costs of cgi/prosthetic

Started rereading the comics around Issues #100 (where the show is now on TV), and stumbled on this in the letters section of Issue #101. This is Robert Kirkman's response to a fan's letter complaining about the death of the character in the comics at the hands of Negan. Issue #101 was printed in July 2012.

I removed the name and references to the name in case some have still somehow avoided this spoiler after all this time

EfZTaNZ.png

If Kirkman is telling the truth in the letters section (which is debateable). it is interesting such a big moment was kinda done on a whim - even though it helped the propel the comic forward in the long run.

someday

Banned
Does anyone on the west coast with Comcast know of a way to watch this, legally, when the east coast sees it? I have a job now that requires me to get up at 4:30am and staying up til 10pm or later is a bad idea.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Does anyone on the west coast with Comcast know of a way to watch this, legally, when the east coast sees it? I have a job now that requires me to get up at 4:30am and staying up til 10pm or later is a bad idea.

Im watching through the xfinity online TV watch system. You can basically stream the AMC channels and there is even an AMC to-go stream. But i think it is all handled based on local time. I didnt see different timezone streams.

Started rereading the comics around Issues #100 (where the show is now on TV), and stumbled on this in the letters section of Issue #101. This is Robert Kirkman's response to a fan's letter complaining about the death of the character in the comics at the hands of Negan. Issue #101 was printed in July 2012.

I removed the name and references to the name in case some have still somehow avoided this spoiler after all this time

EfZTaNZ.png

If Kirkman is telling the truth in the letters section (which is debateable). it is interesting such a big moment was kinda done on a whim - even though it helped the propel the comic forward in the long run.

I'm pretty sure he's saying that in jest, since the original letter was apparently written by the actor that plays said character on the show.

Bandit1

EfZTaNZ.png

So help me understand.. (comic spoilers)
Robert Kirkman thought that Steven Yeun made TV Glenn so much better than comic book Glenn that he offed comic book Glenn?

someday

Banned
Im watching through the xfinity online TV watch system. You can basically stream the AMC channels and there is even an AMC to-go stream. But i think it is all handled based on local time. I didnt see different timezone streams.
Thanks for this. I just set it up on my laptop and it shows 6pm start time for the premier. I'm hopeful.

I'm pretty sure he's saying that in jest, since the original letter was apparently written by the actor that plays said character on the show.

Oh yeah, that makes sense. I never read the full letter as the guy who wrote it seems like an asshole (without knowing the joke at the end).

The letter is now interesting in another way based on that interaction!

Robert Kirkman thought that Steven Yeun made TV Glenn so much better than comic book Glenn that he offed comic book Glenn?

That is what I thought, but I now know the letter was written by Glenn's actor (back in 2012; Season 2) so my original idea is totally invalid. Although the fact Yeun was joking about getting killed off 4 years later in the show in fun in retrospect.

If I remember right, the actor themself wrote that in. Basically as a wink and a nod that they are a fan, but will be out of a job. Kirkman replied, hence the "can't remember the name thing.

dustyherb

Comic spoilers:
Kirkman always intended for Glenn to die. Originally tho it went something like where Rick would have to kill him to save Carl. It was going to be choice that Rick would have to make, or something along those lines. Don't remember exactly how he intended it but he thought that Rick having to do that was very forced or something. So he invented Negan to do the act instead.

lol shit, forgot about the completely random arrow to the head.

yeah that one of the most shocking parts of the comics for me. literally sat there and reread the previous pages and that one a few times before putting it down and thinking about it for a while.

Bandit1

That is what I thought, but I now know the letter was written by Glenn's actor (back in 2012; Season 2) so my original idea is totally invalid. Although the fact Yeun was joking about getting killed off 4 years later in the show in fun in retrospect.

If I remember right, the actor themself wrote that in. Basically as a wink and a nod that they are a fan, but will be out of a job. Kirkman replied, hence the "can't remember the name thing.

Comic spoilers:
Kirkman always intended for Glenn to die. Originally tho it went something like where Rick would have to kill him to save Carl. It was going to be choice that Rick would have to make, or something along those lines. Don't remember exactly how he intended it but he thought that Rick having to do that was very forced or something. So he invented Negan to do the act instead.

Ah, ok thanks for the clarification.

Mediking

I'm serious! If Maggie gets killed then I'm done. Huge fan of Lauren and if she gets killed...... :( I will also get sad if Michonne dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom