• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
A guy who plays DC comic characters, wearing a Cowboy Bebop shirt, sitting by a girl who plays a Marvel Comics character... what after-show sit-down am I watching?

A nice mix of people I actually wanna listen to! This after-show is more pleasing than the entire season of Fear TWD, heh.

The One and Done™;222223039 said:
Fuck she's gorgeous

Yup.

tumblr_o3hlg6Dl3F1so8xfgo1_500.gif

LOL Lennie. That tiger.

A guy who plays DC comic characters, wearing a Cowboy Bebop shirt, sitting by a girl who plays a Marvel Comics character... what after-show sit-down am I watching?

A nice mix of people I actually wanna listen to! This after-show is more pleasing than the entire season of Fear TWD, heh.

Haha yeah.It's awesome.

LOL

I'll need to watch it again maybe. I fell asleep at times. I liked the last scene with Ezekial and Carol.

It wasn't like laugh out loud funny (except a couple of times lol) but I thought it was pretty fun and got some good laughs and introduced some potentially cool characters.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Worth watching S6 and continuing onto S7? Maybe I'll do something more productive instead.. haha
Think of episodes as chapters, and eight episodes as a book. For instance Season 6A is one book and Season 6B as another book. If you don't like the episode/chapter style wait until the whole half-season/book is released.

Zalasta

Finally saw the premiere. Negan is such a caricature that I can only see him existing in comic book. For a live action show he just seem incredibly unbelievable and unconvincing. I hate myself for saying this, but I'd posit the Governor as a better villain from first impression. Plenty of season left to prove me wrong though!

My reaction to the first death was "what a cop out." A secondary character is neither shocking nor surprising. As for the other death, "about time." Sorry, but he should have been dead many times before, so finally they decided to give him the ax. Have to say both deaths did not carry much emotional impact for me at all.

One last observation. I was a bit surprised to find myself taking a little pleasure in seeing Rick being put into his place. I don't want to give The Walking Dead writers too much credit, but in retrospect the way Rick dealt with Alexandria was pretty smug and full of himself, and it was a brilliant setup leading him to his downfall here.

sinkfla87

This is a "slow" episode that actually managed to not be a complete bore fest. I'm impressed and the majority of the episode actually felt important to the story. I hope they can replicate this in their future exposition heavy episodes, which I might add they shouldn't go overboard with. A lot of the times they just end up feeling like filler :(.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Someone refresh my memory, who the hell are The Saviors, are they Negans crew? Not the people with the W's on their forhead right?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Someone refresh my memory, who the hell are The Saviors, are they Negans crew? Not the people with the W's on their forhead right?

I'm really confused about this too. I thought they were two distinct groups.

Negan is the leader of the Saviors.

The people with "W's" on their foreheads were the Wolves - a relatively small time gang that were wiped out by Rick's crew after they attacked Alexandria.

I love how it was Ezekiel, who's doing a similar thing as Carol, that's the character that got to be the one to finally catch on to her public facade with unknown people and have it be something they talk about.

Cool way to further introduce the new character.

SamuraiX-

Content Roundup – Episode 702: “The Well”

AJi5rtN.jpg

AMC Inside The Walking Dead:
  • The Making of Episode 702, “The Well” - AMC
  • Inside Episode 701: “The Well” - AMC
  • Preview of Episode 703, “The Cell” - AMC | International
  • Sneak Peek of Episode 703, “The Cell” - AMC | International
Producer & Cast Interviews:
Critic Reviews:
Talking Dead's Inside The Dead
  • Five sets of identical twins were cast for Carol's hallucinatory sequence. One twin played the human in Carol's hallucination, while the other played the walker.
  • The Kingdom set is really a decommissioned military base from the late 1800s. It is owned by filmmaker and actor Tyler Perry.
  • According to Melissa McBride, the horse pulling the cart that Carol was riding on is Lennie James' favorite. It is the same horse he rode last season while Morgan was searching for Carol.
PLEASE SPOILER TAG ALL PREVIEW/PROMO AND GRAPHIC NOVEL DISCUSSION. REVIEW THE OP FOR COMPLETE THREAD RULES ON SPOILERS.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This reminds me a lot of the episode where Rick & Daryl got played by Jesus. I'm glad the writers were aware of the fact that the audience would need a pick me up after the premiere.

Loved Ezekiel's introduction. The chemistry between him and Carol was palpable. I'm liking Morgan taking on a protégé as well.

And Richard from The Kingdom looks exactly like The Governor, to a distracting degree.

Damn, I hadn't thought about it since we hadn't seen her in a while, but Tara is going to be fucked up when she gets back. She has no idea Denise and Glenn are both dead. That sucks.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thought that was a pretty darn good episode and a nice thematic counterpoint to the season premiere.

The new characters were great (I wasn't too sure on Khary Payton playing Ezekiel, but he absolutely nailed it. Also, Medieval Gerard Butler is cool and it was fun to see Yo-Yo from Halt and Catch Fire pop up as Jerry), the writing was on point (the conversation between Ezekiel and Carol was one of the best scenes in a long time and immediately establised the former as someone to root for), there was a nice amount of humor (Carol sneaking the knife and then the chocolate, Carol fake-crying over lunch cobbler, the guys fattening up Negan's pigs on zombie flesh), and the CGI tiger looked fucking awesome!

Good stuff.

Ive been watching some Steven Yeun interviews (Conan is the best) and man I hope that guy gets some other good roles soon. He's fucking great.

Same, haha. He seems like a really cool dude.

Tiger is going to save Rick from some walkers and Rick's gonna be all, "Hey, it's that tiger"

lmao

Why not a real tiger..

Because the logistics of having to deal with a real life tiger on set would be an absolute nightmare.

Why did they have the fake tiger do a spin for no reason? Lmao

"We got this tiger budget, lets waste it"

Because cats do things like that!

I know a certain someone who would have LOVED that choir.
RIP.

HQuv3Am.gif

Queen Carol?

Fuck yes.

She's going to marry Ezekiel and become the queen!
vJoMPdK.gif

Ezekiel has a tiger, now he wants a cougar.

oh my god

Ezekiel is a fantastic edition to the show. He, along with his tiger, is now my favourite character.

I wish they'd hurry up and kill off Carol however. She's such an utter bore.

Ezekiel is a fantastic edition to the show. He, along with his tiger, is now my favourite character.

I wish they'd hurry up and kill off Carol however. She's such an utter bore.

Noooo. Carol's amazing. I bet she could single handedly off Negan if given the chance. Hopefully after this episode she'll chill out a bit and get over her issues.

What a fantastic episode though. LOVE Ezekiel. Also, this show is doing an awesome job at making me loathe the Saviors. I can't remember feeling such intense hatred for fictional characters in a long, long time. Not even towards Joffrey to be honest. What I wouldn't give to see Negan locked in a cage with Shiva.

Jobbs

Banned
I watched last week's and today's episode.

We went from the most gruesome and dark episode of anything ever aired on TV to an episode that was... silly and weird. I have whiplash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom