• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So 40% of the audience weren't kidding when they said they were done with this after that 1st episode massacre.

The show is making larger than usual gains in delayed viewing this season, so it appears that a good chunk of people are actually time shifting rather than dropping the show, as it would initially seem.

Although, ratings are definitely still down overall.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
What I was kinda confused about is Daryl being a total bad ass and NOT flinching when Negan swung the bat at his head. I rewound that part a few times...lol. I was like dayum!!!

But after that Daryl flinched a few times when Negan moved his bat around in Daryl direction. Like that scene when Negan asked him "who are you?" and he said Daryl.

He flinched or reacted to the bat in that scene.

Just like Negan under estimating Rick, I think he's under estimating Daryl. Daryl lives off the land. He probably ate worse things than dog food to survive. Uncooked too. Ppl might forget that Daryl and Meryl were kinda like villains, bad guys early on. Daryl even hooked up with some Savior like folks while looking for Beth.

Zoe

I was more motivated to finish watch GotG on FX than switch over to TWD. The second episode was fine because it was a change in tone, but the thought of going back to Rick's group was just depressing.

Symphonia

Banned
Tigers eat like 25 pounds of meat per day and Tigers raised in captivity will not eat rotten flesh. Carrion yes but not putrid.

Eventually it would attack the humans or they'd rebel against Ezekiel because of the sheer food consumption. It's just the most ridiculous shit ever.
We're talking about a show set in a world overrun by zombies. I hardly think realism is key here. If a man wants a tiger, give him the damn tiger.

We're talking about a show set in a world overrun by zombies. I hardly think realism is key here. If a man wants a tiger, give him the damn tiger.

Zombies are part of the premise of the show. Everything else seems to follow the basic rules of reality. Gravity is real, Rick can't shoot laser beams out of his eyes and physics are a thing (ignoring Glenn sliding into a pocket dimension under that dumpster).

Having a domesticated Tiger does raise some questions. Its pretty absurd but thankfully the tiger hasn't been a focus of the story so its easy to just let it go.

Symphonia

Banned
Zombies are part of the premise of the show. Everything else seems to follow the basic rules of reality. Gravity is real, Rick can't shoot laser beams out of his eyes and physics are a thing (ignoring Glenn sliding into a pocket dimension under that dumpster).

Having a domesticated Tiger does raise some questions. Its pretty absurd but thankfully the tiger hasn't been a focus of the story so its easy to just let it go.
I just find it backwards.

"I'm totally on board with all this shit happening to a small group of people trying to survive in a world plagued by zombies and controlled by mad men, but a man with a pet tiger? Fuck this, this show is so unrealistic!"

Watched this yesterday. I thought the episode was pretty good. That's 2/3 for me this season. I really don't get the bad acting on that Dwight character. I though he did an amazing job. I guess I just prefer the slow, more deliberate human drama TWD than the flashy/actiony TWD.

Also my hatred for Negan keeps increasing. Haven't read his version in the comics but this guy he is just a self-made warlord.

Surfinn

Watched this yesterday. I thought the episode was pretty good. That's 2/3 for me this season. I really don't get the bad acting on that Dwight character. I though he did an amazing job. I guess I just prefer the slow, more deliberate human drama TWD than the flashy/actiony TWD.

Also my hatred for Negan keeps increasing. Haven't read his version in the comics but this guy he is just a self-made warlord.
I don't see how anyone could think his performance was good last episode. Lots of yelling/forced emotion. Coming from someone who loves season 2, I can safely say this has nothing to do with the pacing. He produces the typical "I don't give a shit about this character" feeling I get with the countless Alexandrians they introduced in the past. Sure he's got an interesting backstory but his writing and acting really undermines it all for me.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Isn't there usually a drop between episode 1 and 2 though? Episode 1 is the one more people like to watch live.

There is almost always a drop from ep1 to ep2 with pretty much every show.

With The Walking Dead,

Season 1: there was an -11.9% drop from episode 1 ->2.
Season 2: -7.7%
Season 3: -12.1%
Season 4: -13.6%
Season 5: -12.2%
Season 6: -17.1%
Season 7: -27.0%

Time shifting is becoming more and more popular with each passing year, so the recent and large declines don't necessarily mean that people are abandoning the show in droves. Taking into consideration the way last season ended, it's reasonable to assume that a large number of people who might usually time shift the show decided to watch live to see the resolution to the cliffhanger and then resumed their usual time shifting ways starting with episode 2.

dustyherb

It would fit the slow crawl of desperately trying to drag this show on forever perfectly. I like TWD but dedicating entire episodes to one or two central characters is getting old and feels like AMC is purposely making the plot move as slowly as possible.
AMC isn't doing shit that's all Gimple and Kirkman. Also they've been doing these kind of episodes heavily since season 4, and I doubt they are stopping anytime soon. Ya I'm sure a lot of people would prefer the GOT way, but I honestly like that they stick to doing their own thing. We had never even seen The Kingdom or The Sanctuary before these 2 episodes, it makes sense that they and the characters living within them got the focus.

poutmeter

That god damn song is stuck in my head now lol.

All I have to do in the office is sing/say "we're on easy street" and the TWD fans are either humming or singing it out loud.

Still undecided which is worst: this or people getting others to sing the Apple Pen song just by saying "PPAP".

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
All I have to do in the office is sing/say "we're on easy street" and the TWD fans are either humming or singing it out loud.

Still undecided which is worst: this or people getting others to sing the Apple Pen song just by saying "PPAP".

Not gonna lie, Easy Street is a decent song.

I might have it played at a Christmas party.

The last couple of episodes weren't as good as some of the others have been, but they weren't bad or anything to complain about either.

I just caught up this morning.

Not gonna lie, Easy Street is a decent song.

6XAj76s.gif

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Service

The remaining members of the core group hold together in Alexandria. Then, they receive a sobering visit.

Tonight's episode was written by Corey Reed, who last co-wrote 6.10 "The Next World" (the one with Jesus' debut appearance) and was directed by David Boyd, who last directed 6.7 "Heads Up" (the one where we learn the fate of Glenn following the Dumpster Debacle).

Tonight's episode will be 90 minutes long.

Tonight's guest stars on Talking Dead are:

David Alpert (executive producer)
Ron Funches (actor, comedian)
Lou Diamond Phillips (actor)

dustyherb

I hope so bad for this, not only because I agree but because I want to start that leg of this journey already.
I really hope so as well but something tells me it might not happen just yet.

Comic spoilers:
Rick in the comic wasn't really broken like he was in the show. I think it might take Rick a little more time in the show to get his confidence back, but maybe not.

-griffy-

Banned
I kind of can't stand Negan's chuckle. Like, I'm sure it's supposed to just show he's an asshole because he chuckles all the time, but the actual chuckle is really grating. Chapelle nailed it on SNL.

Anth0ny

Last week's episode was so good. Reedus is so awesome now, he's really grown as an actor. Shit inadvertently got me hyped for Death Stranding. Kojima please make this guy the new Solid Snake.

JDM... it goes without saying. Dude kills it every time. But I really liked Dwight in the last episode too. They did a good job with him and have brought him to life from the comic so damn well.

Haven't been this hyped for TWD in a long time. It feels like everything is clicking this season. I hope they can keep this momentum up for the rest of the season, cause honestly it was a bit of a struggle getting through some of the last couple of seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom