• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Oh fuck dwight is a good guy after all <3 that clue for Daryl.

That awesome maggie voice over. I'm sorry the whiners can whine all they want but this was fucking legit. War time.

Looking forward to next season.

qEflOz.gif

Angry Fork

Negan not being imprisoned = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Another protracted stretched out season coming soon. Why must this show do this. I don't understand, it's so unnecessary because there's plenty of existing material.

"We're going to war", that's what this season was supposed to be, rofl. Christ. The ending battle was cool and all but not worth the insane amount of filler.

Next season occurrences:
1) Gregory flipping out/getting over thrown
2) Dwight formulates a plan to kill Negan
3) War
4) Oceanside joins the fight
5) Trash people remain trashy

-griffy-

Banned
Problem with this show is that it feels transparent that there are big landmarks they have in mind and want to get to, but the path between those landmarks is often messy and contrived and bad.

UberTag

"The negan plot" what does that even mean. This episode is game changing. It's a completely different set of circumstances next season than this season. This is open war going forward.
Some folks still think Negan is supposed to be a disposable antagonist like all of those other antagonists Rick and his crew faced from Seasons 3 through 6. Hence why they expect "The negan plot" will one day end and the show will revert to its previous formula.

Boke1879

Oh fuck dwight is a good guy after all <3 that clue for Daryl.

That awesome maggie voice over. I'm sorry the whiners can whine all they want but this was fucking legit. War time.

Yea this was legit. And people are loving this all over twitter. Complainers can complain. Next season it's all about war.

Is it me or did this season "nerf" Michonne? She seems really weak despite surviving for a really long time at this point. First there was the whole "She can't shoot worth crap" thing with her practicing with a rifle and now she seemingly can't hold her own well in a fight.

zewone

Some folks still think Negan is supposed to be a disposable antagonist like all of those other antagonists Rick and his crew faced from Seasons 3 through 6. Hence why they expect "The negan plot" will one day end and the show will revert to its previous formula.

Negan is The Governor rehashed. There's nothing making Negan any more special besides charisma.

My wife got angry and left the room because she thought another sadistic Negan beating was in the offing.
I need to get her a subscription to Story Beats magazine.

Another protracted stretched out season coming soon. Why must this show do this. I don't understand, it's so unnecessary because there's plenty of existing material.

"We're going to war", that's what this season was supposed to be, rofl. Christ. The ending battle was cool and all but not worth the insane amount of filler.

Same feelings here. I don't know if I'll even watch the next season.

season 6 and before I never missed a beat and watched every premier. Season 6 ended up sucking, killing my interest for fear the walking dead and reducing my liking of the show and ended up just catching them the next day on amc.com

Now, I might just stick to the wikis to know what's going on. Not gonna waste much of my time

Kickz

I honestly miss when they were just traveling and trying to solve the zombie apocalypse by finding the central authority in DC

Now its kind of just gang warfare

Grisby

Kind of an up and down season. Can't say I'm overall happy with the finale, although at least they softened it with a decent voice over. Recalling the watch and Glen was a nice bit.

Pretty good end to season 7. Was worried about a stupid cliffhanger but this was a really good way to end it.

Agreed lots of filler. Doesn't change the fact that the war just started lol
The war should've started earlier than the season finale in my opinion

HeySeuss

First order of business needs to be taking out the trash.

Nice message by Dwight. Kinda figured he just didn't have an opportunity and was caught off guard with the double cross.

Next season gonna be a little faster paced with the war.

zewone

Is it me or did this season "nerf" Michonne? She seems really weak despite surviving for a really long time at this point. First there was the whole "She can't shoot worth crap" thing with her practicing with a rifle and now she seemingly can't hold her own well in a fight.

I'm curious as to why she is now a sniper instead of a samurai.

Why can't she also have her sword too? Make quick work of that roid girl.

OrionX

Rip Sasha. I liked her and the friendship she had going with Maggie. At least she went out on her terms and gave us an Abraham flashback.

~Kinggi~

Banned
This show can seriously be lame. Clearly they arent given the proper time and budget in these battle scenes. I mean it is literally a montage of "Hero Shots" for everyone's favorite character(s) doing some cheesy execution move. Nothing flows nicely because they gotta have each person doing some cheesy badass thing. The show is collapsing under the pressure of popular characters. Only thing done halfway decent was the final montage scene.

This felt like such a filler season.

The state of things barely changed from the season premiere to now.
Better than half a season of driving a hoard away from Alexandria with the next half of the season just literally a build up to Negan's appearance. Season 7 "filler" why isn't great by any means at times needs to happen for the plot and world building as a whole unlike you know.....dumpstergate.

Top Bottom