• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘PlayStation Presents Death Stranding 2: On the Beach Special Stage’ set for TGS 2024

nial

-Sal Romano
98a02853f98881c571830666bff5b852d6e30cc7.jpg

Publisher Sony Interactive Entertainment and developer Kojima Productions will host a special stage event for Death Stranding 2: On the Beach at Tokyo Game Show 2024 on September 29, the companies announced.
The panel will feature discussion and the latest development update on Death Stranding 2: On the Beach, which is due out for PlayStation 5 in 2025.

Get the details below.
PlayStation Presents Death Stranding 2: On the Beach Special Stage
Kojima Productions will host a panel discussion on Death Stranding 2: On the Beach for PlayStation 5. Visionary game creator Hideo Kojima, and Daichi Miura, singer-songwriter and official supporter of Tokyo Game Show 2024, will be joined by a number of guests, including Nicolas Winding Refn, to discuss the upcoming title. Attendees will be given a front row seat to the latest update in the development of Death Stranding 2: On the Beach.
  • Event: PlayStation Presents Death Stranding 2 Special Stage
  • Game Title: Death Stranding 2: On the Beach
  • Stage Date and Time: Sunday, September 29, 10:30 to 11:30 JST
  • Location Information: Exhibition Hall 1 Event Stage
  • Guest Appearances (titles omitted):
    • Hideo Kojima
    • Daichi Miura
    • Kenjiro Tsuda
    • Nana Mizuki
    • Tomokazu Sugita
    • Shion Wakayama
    • Nicolas Winding Refn
Tokyo Game Show 2024 will run from September 26 to 29 at Makuhari Messe in Chiba, Japan.
More details about the PlayStation booth at Tokyo Game Show 2024:
We will be exhibiting at the PlayStation® booth at Tokyo Game Show 2024, which will be held from September 26th to 29th!

Sony Interactive Entertainment has announced its preliminary games lineup and stage schedule for Tokyo Game Show 2024, which will run from September 26 to 29 at Makuhari Messe in Chiba, Japan.
Playable Games
  • ASTRO BOT (PS5) – In addition to the gameplay demo, a giant ASTRO BOT-themed gacha machine will be available at the PlayStation booth on September 28 and 29, and visitors can take home an ASTRO BOT theme shirt (four types, available in limited quantities).
  • Monster Hunter Wilds (PS5) – The PlayStation booth will feature 40 demo stations for Monster Hunter Wilds. In total, over 150 demo stations for Monster Hunter Wilds will be available at Tokyo Game Show 2024, including the stations at Capcom‘s booth. Visitors who play the demo at the PlayStation booth will be able to take home an original “PS5 | Monster Hunter Wilds” key chain (available in limited quantities).
While ASTRO BOT and Monster Hunter Wilds are the focus of the booth, playable demos, stage events, and trailers for various other upcoming titles for PlayStation 5 will also be available at the PlayStation booth.

Last edited:

nial

More details about the event here. Full lineup will be revealed next month.
Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) will be exhibiting a PlayStation booth at the Tokyo Game Show 2024, which will be held at Makuhari Messe in Chiba from Thursday, September 26th to Sunday, September 29th.

This year's PlayStation booth will feature two titles: "Astro Bot" (SIE), scheduled to be released for PlayStation 5 on Friday, September 6, and "Monster Hunter Wilds" (Capcom Co., Ltd.), scheduled to be released for PS5 in 2025. Visitors will also be able to try out a wide range of PlayStation content, including playable versions of the latest games to be released for PS5, stage events, and video viewing.

Title to be exhibited: "Astro Bot"​

78116d2757a1d785c4428c6e2694611fbd8b706d.jpg

Those who try out Astro Bot at the PlayStation booth on the public opening days, September 28th (Sat) and 29th (Sun), will be able to try their hand at a giant gacha machine based on the game's content, and will receive an original Astro Bot T-shirt (limited quantity, 4 types in total. T-shirt type and size cannot be chosen).

2830c57136e6deca167ed0e3c9487100454eee99.jpg

cae510850bbf1e81fb2055a417b07bf21ec63d24.jpg

8103b06f008105a5a02d0c7a2b290a24be2064e5.jpg

c86cee0f9cdbe9dbdcb0945adb270ecfbe123025.jpg

0bcb6f04acfd8b264d3b88e2d5cae07cb7b68609.jpg

What is "Astro Bot"?​

Astro's PS5 spaceship has been attacked by his sworn alien enemies, scattering his bots across the galaxy. Now it's up to Astro to save the day! He needs your help to rescue the stranded bots and rebuild the spaceship on his biggest mission yet. From springy punches to rockets that can go anywhere and even a giant sponge! Astro has a host of new power-ups to make the experience even more immersive.

Join forces with familiar PlayStation characters and get ready for an epic story. Prove to the universe that "small is great" in Astro's new adventure, available exclusively on PS5!

・Journey across the galaxy and explore over 50 planets to find Astro's lost friends.
・Dash, swing, rocket punch and use all-new power-ups to blaze your way through the galaxy.
・Feel the world come to life with the DualSense wireless controller.
・Team up with some of PlayStation's most iconic heroes to save the galaxy!

The official Astro Bot website is here

Title to be exhibited: "Monster Hunter Wilds"​

facfff98e5a11a83fac4bb76849bd6992f0c445d.jpg

40 units of "Monster Hunter Wilds" will be on display at the PlayStation booth. This year's Tokyo Game Show will feature a total of over 150 units, the largest number in the series' history, including a demo at Capcom Co., Ltd.'s booth. Those who try out the game at the PlayStation booth during the event will receive an original PS5 "Monster Hunter Wilds" acrylic keychain (limited quantity).

fce66e0f5df7fe07b8d60811677c8c9dcea1dccd.jpg

What is "Monster Hunter Wilds"?​

A dynamic field that changes shape from moment to moment. A story of monsters and people living in a world with two sides: a harsh environment where monsters fight each other in droves, and an environment brimming with life. As a hunter who makes a living by hunting powerful monsters, you will create stronger weapons and armor from the materials you obtain while unraveling the relationship between the world and the people. The ultimate hunting experience, with evolved hunting action and uninterrupted immersion, awaits you.

Click here for the official Monster Hunter Wilds website

Stage Event​

On the stage adjacent to the PlayStation booth, various guests, including game creators, will be invited to talk about the appeal of the title under the theme of "PLAY! PLAY! PLAY! Ichi-yu-nyu-soul." The stage event will also be streamed live on the official PlayStation YouTube channel .

In addition, a talk show for the PS5 software "DEATH STRANDING 2: ON THE BEACH" (developer: Kojima Productions) will be held on the Tokyo Game Show 2024 event stage from 10:30 on Sunday, September 29th. Please enjoy "PlayStation Presents "DEATH STRANDING 2" Special Stage!!", which will be delivered by Director Hideo Kojima and Daichi Miura, along with guests Kenjiro Tsuda, Nana Mizuki, Tomokazu Sugita, Shion Wakayama, and Director Nicolas Winding Refn.

98a02853f98881c571830666bff5b852d6e30cc7.jpg

Details about other playable titles and stage events will be announced at a later date.

Through its participation at Tokyo Game Show 2024, SIE will strive to provide users with an engaging experience that only PlayStation and PS5 can offer, and to further expand the gaming market.

Tokyo Game Show 2024 Event Overview​

<Event name>
Tokyo Game Show 2024

<Dates and times>
Business Days

Thursday, September 26, 2024 10:00-17:00
Friday, September 27, 2024 10:00-17:00

Public release date
Saturday, September 28, 2024 10:00-17:00
Sunday, September 29, 2024 9:30-16:30

nial

Perfect time to announce some XDEV Japan projects and have them at the booth. Ghost of Tsushima 2 and Gran Turismo 8 trailers would be good too.

Perrott

i have no idea. I also heard a so called Hip Hop Gamer saying that in addition to the showcase, Sony is doing something with doritos's pope for the game awards.
Hip Hop Gamer? The dude has long been known as a complete fraud in the realm of rumors, no point in listening to anything he says.

I'll be on media blackout for this one, just like I did with DS1 and it paid off great. I had no idea what that game was about when I started playing it and it was a rollercoaster of weirdness.

Then when I finished it I still didn't know what the fuck it was about. And when I checked the reviews they were all over the place, just like I expected.

Great game, though. Expecting a lot from the sequel.

MiguelItUp

Man, I really hope the game is great. As solid as the first, if not better. The footage they've shown definitely looks absurd and out there, so consider me interested, lol.

tmlDan

I really have to play the first game, my backlog is just so intense.

Maybe ill prioritize it so that i can play it before the second game comes out

Being a fan of Kojima games I tried to like DS but failed, gameplay loop felt like a torture.
So 100% interest in PS5 Pro but 0% interest in DS2.

Those sneakers though... Those sneakers are at least 6 years old... 🔍

gvtyjnfsmen11.jpg

Last edited:

Msamy

Being a fan of Kojima games I tried to like DS but failed, gameplay loop felt like a torture.
So 100% interest in PS5 Pro but 0% interest in DS2.

Those sneakers though... Those sneakers are at least 6 years old... 🔍

gvtyjnfsmen11.jpg
You might have change your mind because death stranding 2 are gonna be the only ps pro (exclusive) that show its true power until 2026, sony first party studios wont be ready before 2026-2027

Last edited:
Top Bottom