• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

007 "Rumor of the Day" - Damien Lewis set to replace Daniel Craig as Bond in case

Status
Not open for further replies.
in case Craig decides four is enough. Of course, standard Fassbender/Elba mentions in the article below.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/james-bond-spectre/daniel-craig-damian-lewis-casting-rumour0/

An "unoffical nod" – it sounds as shady as a coded message delivered by Q to 007 in the corridors of MI6.

But according to reports, that is exactly what Damian Lewis has been given by the producers of the James Bond films.

It is understood that Daniel Craig will step down from the role following the release of Spectre, his fourth film as Bond, in November.

With this in mind, the producers are already lining up the 47-year-old's successor. A "well-placed" source told The Sunday Mirror: "If Daniel Craig leaves, it's Damian Lewis who will be crowned the new Bond.

"He is seen as an all-round international star who is perfect for the role. As he ages, he looks increasingly suave and sophisticated."

The source stressed, however, that Lewis will only be offered the role if Craig decides to step down.

"At the moment all focus is on the release of Spectre in November. Producers are convinced it's a particularly strong 007 movie.

"Daniel excels in the role and there is no pressure on him to step down. But if he does, people close to Damian have had an unofficial nod he is the number one choice."

Other actors rumoured to be in the running for the role include Tom Hardy, Michael Fassbender and Idris Elba. Pierce Brosnan, who starred in four Bond films, recently said: "Anything is possible for sure, but I think he'll [the next Bond] be male and he'll be white.

"There's wonderful black actors out there who could be James Bond, and there's no reason why you cannot have a black James Bond. But a female James Bond, no, I think it has to be a male. James Bond is a guy, he's all male. His name is James, his name is James Bond."

damien-lewis-life_l.jpg

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Such a boring choice.

The other Hemsworth would be less boring than this rumored pick.

DOWN

Banned
Who the f is seriously thinking they would consider actors this old to replace Craig? Even Craig was older than they planned when they selected him

Elba is too old, Lewis is too old. Neither could have a long run with how the producers feel.

NightOnyx

He's a fine actor, but a very boring choice for Bond. I'd still prefer Fassbender or Elba, or even someone not as well known but would be quite different.

Lewis is a very overrated actor. His emotional range is suspect, as Homeland proved over and over again. Sometimes he's great. More often than not he's over acting and it's blatant and ugly.

- J - D -

The last thing I need to appear in my mind while watching the next movie is an image of Bond on his knees masturbating while his wife cries.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
With all the shit they got back in the day for casting a "blonde Bond", it would be hilarious for them to turn around and cast a ginger.

Nudull

Banned
How many Damien Lewis rumors are we at, now? Blech, if it actually does come true.

Is it too much to ask for a Bond that isn't a white dude? The demand is obviously there.

I thought Craig was signed for at least one more film, and that he's said he'll keep making them as long as the studio wants him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom