• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

007 "Rumor of the Day" - Damien Lewis set to replace Daniel Craig as Bond in case

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a universe where Fassbender exists, this is a bad choice.

fassbender.jpg

We have a winner!

faridmon

I actually would love this choice. Never liked Craig as a bond (Hnce me not liking all of his movies) but this guy might suck me back being a Bond fan again. We need red head bonds!

Brosnan grew up in London. I like Lazenby, but they're never going to repeat what happened there.

Lazenby won't get repeated, sure - but that's more to do with EON hiring a model with maturity issues, not because he was Australian. "Oh, you know those beautiful Australian men. Can't trust 'em."

They're willing to hire people who aren't "Brits." The barrier seems to be "American," and that's it.

Blader

Great actor but doesn't really scream Bond to me.

People calling for Fassbender need to give up the dream. Age and price quote aside, that guy practically has carte blanche right now -- why would he want to tie himself down to Bond for the next 5-10 years?

IISANDERII

I hope it means they'll cut funding and lose the mega superfluous, bombastic, hollow action sequences, forcing them to write a decent script this time.

I don't think Fassbender is super-expensive. Guy makes a lot of movies. He's currently trying to tie himself to a long-running series of films with that Assassin's Creed thing, and has been Magneto for the past five or so years, while simultaneously appearing in multiple prestige pictures.

I don't think he'd have a problem trading in Ezio or whatever for James Bond, honestly.

Lazenby won't get repeated, sure - but that's more to do with EON hiring a model with maturity issues, not because he was Australian. "Oh, you know those beautiful Australian men. Can't trust 'em."

They're willing to hire people who aren't "Brits." The barrier seems to be "American," and that's it.

Hmm... it seems they want an actor who is from a Commonwealth country.

It is time for a Canadian James Bond.

Americans doing British accents has a bad track record - Andie MacDowell got dubbed in Tarzan (admittedly by Glen Close), Denzel's effort has been happily forgotten and Don Cheadle in the Ocean's films is verging on an insult.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Lewis is too raspy and stiff. Bond needs to be cool and confident. And if you're going to go for someone in their mid-40s (which I am not unopposed to) just go for Elba.

Hmm... it seems they want an actor who is from a Commonwealth country.

It is time for a Canadian James Bond.

You ask for this, but we all know it'll end up being Ryan Reynolds if it happens...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Claire Danes as the Bond Girl for his first film. Sure, why not.

I'm not too keen on him, but who knows, he might knock it out of the park. Really depends on how they're writing the character.

Cheebo

Banned
If WB gets the Bond rights, this is what needs to happen immediately.
That is not how the rights work. Wb would never get control of the franchise. The control of the films is by EON. They make the films, hire the directors, and so on. The deal with the outside studios is just a distribution deal. Nolan could do a Bond film but Nolan's deal with WB would be irrelevant since it wouldn't be a film from WB's film studio. It's a EON owned and ran film franchise. Whoever distributes after Spectre is just the distributor.

This looks like a terrible decision. These next batch of Bond films are going to suck, even if Sam Mendes directs.

Cavill is charismatic af and oozes cool. What performances are you judging him by other than Man of Steel?

Can vouch for this. Watch The Man from UNCLE.

Sorcerer

I thought Craig was signed for at least one more film, and that he's said he'll keep making them as long as the studio wants him?

Doesn't Craig say after every movie releases that he doesn't want to do it anymore?

I know thats a ploy for more money, but I think he has publicly stated this.

If Elba is too old, then just give him a one shot deal as the next Bond as they look for a replacement.

I know this is not how it works, but I would love to see him in the role at least once.

Penguin

So Craig says he is signed on for one more, which would be in-line with what came out before Skyfall, but doesn't mean he'll be in it.

Seems like the Daily Mail is allowed here

‘It’s getting easier because I’m doing less [stunt work],’ he says, with a laugh.
‘I’ve got so many good doubles.’
He admits, however, that Bond requires ‘I work myself to death’ to get fit.
‘It’s getting harder. But such is life. I’ll keep going as long as I’m physically able.
'I’m contracted for one more – but I’m not going to make predictions.’
He still finds it exciting to make the films.
‘These movies don’t get made very often,’ he says. ‘It’s just the fourth time for me, a spit in the ocean.
'If you don’t get excited about making a movie of this size with this cast, with Sam Mendes… then go home.’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom