• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

007 "Rumor of the Day" - Damien Lewis set to replace Daniel Craig as Bond in case

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

as others have said, too old

I'd plump for O'Connell (be a right laff to have Pukey playing Bond)

1118full-jack-o'connell.jpg

But they'll probably go for Egerton/Tom Hughes/Jeremy Irvine or someone equally as lackluster

G.ZZZ

I love him but ... dunno if i see him being bond. He's at best being a sarcastic piece of shit, sorta like McNulty. I can't see McNulty being bond, he need to be a snob pos.

iNvid02

i read this as daniel day lewis and thought he seems a bit too old, but lets get him in here if it means stopping brody from becoming bond.

spookyfish

Timothy Dalton 2.0.

(Personally, I liked Dalton, but he didn't resonate with the fans. While I like Lewis, I don't see him as Bond.)

megamerican

He seems more fitted to be Bond's 00 friend that stabs him in the back.

I think that if they subtly died his hair, he would be a good enough actor to not embarrass himself or the character. But I do think he would go down as one of the less exciting Bonds.

My guess is they missed the window on Fassbender. Jobs will be a big hit with Oscar attention, his quote won't work after that.

SpaceWolf

Banned
He does waffle like this pretty much every time. He didn't wanna come back for Skyfall - and then he didn't really wanna come back for Spectre.

If Craig does come back for the fifth, I would personally really like it if the film was written from the start as one last adventure for his Bond. Towards the end of the film, they could toy around with that age old continuity idea by introducing the "James Bond is a codename" theory to the audience by allow us to see Craig pass the 007 title on to the new man. Throw in a poignant Vesper cameo via tear-jerking hallucination/dream, maybe a quick cameo from the vengeful Quantum of Solace girl who could help Bond out with a certain mission (who was apparently supposed to return to Skyfall anyway)...just one last, explosive mission before passing the torch.

That, or you know, unceremoniously ditch Craig before bringing in Damien Lewis of all people...a decision which I'm sure would mildly please some Damien Lewis fans and pretty much bore everyone else.

Iksenpets

Banned
He seems more fitted to be Bond's 00 friend that stabs him in the back.

I think that if they subtly died his hair, he would be a good enough actor to not embarrass himself or the character. But I do think he would go down as one of the less exciting Bonds.

My guess is they missed the window on Fassbender. Jobs will be a big hit with Oscar attention, his quote won't work after that.

Ok, Damian Lewis as a Trevelyan-type character I could totally see.

Why not have someone non-english play Bond?

Already happened: Lazenby is Australian, Brosnan is Irish. (Connery's Scottish, but I think since that's part of the UK it technically doesn't count? I'm not as familiar with all the weird rules about that shit as I should be) I think the only real rule is "non-American" but I bet that eventually gets broken, too.

edit: If they got Hardy, it wouldn't be grunty Hardy. It'd be the Hardy from Inception. Modulated a little.

If Craig does come back for the fifth, I would personally really like it if the film was written from the start as one last adventure for his Bond.

I think that's definitely a possibility. It might be how they get him back for that 5th film.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
He'd fit the role just fine.

GAF's love affair with Elba and Fassbender on this whole thing is confusing. Fine actors, but why Bond?

Because its about acting...allowing other nationalities to be James Bond opens up the acting pool by quite a fair amount.
The accent is always going to be a barrier, we just aren't used to foreign actors playing British, there are plenty of actors here. It's probably possible for someone to do it successfully, but I doubt that the producers are willing to risk it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom