• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

007 "Rumor of the Day" - Damien Lewis set to replace Daniel Craig as Bond in case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonm1010

Banned
Yeah god forbid Fassbender misses out on a superhero movie or videogame adaptation. Or Elba misses out on.. whatever.

Both are pretty mediocre at picking roles. Bond would be a good career move for both. Fassbender could let that be his big money gig, and do more indie stuff like Shame in between Bond movies. Best of both worlds.
Both of them have two huge and interesting roles coming up that very well could of been lost if they were stuck doing another mediocre Bond film: Beasts of No Nation and Steve Jobs.

Keep the truly great actors away from this franchise please.

Busty

Banned
Pffft.

If I had to put money on it I'd say that MGM are going to announce in January that Daniel Craig will do two more films and they are going to partner with Warner Bros (leaving Sony) on future Bond projects.

That's if I had to put money on it.

SpaceWolf

Banned
To my mind, there's only one actor who could pull off such an iconic and legendary role.

MTE4MDAzNDEwNzY1NTE0MjU0.jpg

Broadway superstar NATHAN LANE. He's got the acting talent, the looks and that natural, easy-going charisma demanded upon every thespian who becomes the next James Bond.

Pick up that phone, Broccoli's!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I feel like the dark sinister circle at Sony that was responsible for throttling the life out of Spider-Man have now been forced to turn their attention to Bond. Rothman tendrils.

Busty

Banned
I feel like the dark sinister circle at Sony that was responsible for throttling the life out of Spider-Man have now been forced to turn their attention to Bond. Rothman tendrils.

Well Bond is 100% owned by MGM and Skyfall and Spectre were 75% financed by them so I believe that they are largely free from Rothman's 'creative process'.

I highly doubt that the next Bond film will be released by Sony anyway.

No way they'll go for Lewis; he's too old for the role in the long run. He'd probably be good for one or two movies before they'd need to replace him. They'll want to get an actor who can be Bond for about a decade.

So yeah, when the time to replace Craig comes, Dan Stevens will probably be a more probable candidate.

madp0k

My only time of dropping any insider knowledge, the nod has been given to craig's successor

#t3@mD4nNyDy3r

the names Bond, James Bond, you facking cant !!

Frog-fu

Banned
Fassbender stans need to give it up already. By the time Craig steps down he'll be too old.

They're probably gonna go with someone who will be in their late twenties-early thirties by then. I expect a total reboot starting a young and relatively inexperienced Bond that they can film another 5 or so movies with.

I got my hopes on John Boyega but he'll still be too young then, probably.

ajim

Do people really miss Brosnan, though?
Yep. A top bond that got dealt horrible scripts and movies after goldeneye.

But he was an awesome James bond. So much class and charisma in jusr his pinky finger, andyou can just imagine women actually throwing themselves at him.

YoungHav

Banned
Damien Lewis would scream "Whites Only!" for the role. Not anywhere near the most qualified white for it either. Give us Fassbender or something geesh.

Brody is wack.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I will continue to hold out irrational hope for Chiwetel Ejiofor as the next Bond.

If this is Craig's last. While he's a bit on the older spectrum of where they would want to start. He is definitely the best choice.

Henry Cavil, if he wasn't Supes, he would be the next Bond. 100% no doubt about it. He was the other in consideration with Craig and Moore,Dalton, and Brosnan were all people they wanted prior before they even got the role. Supes on the other hand axed his chance to 0%.

Have him be the 00 agent who gets killed at the beginning of Elba's Bond movie.

This would be amazing. I wish I were in charge of the series so I could pull a Kojima. I would put Lewis in the trailers and all that, then the movie starts with Lewis in the prologue, everyone assumes he is Bond, then at the end, he eats a bullet in the face. Idris Elba saves the day, turns to the screen and says: "The name is Bond. James Bond."

cue opening credits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom