• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 Films To See In June (what are you watching?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
The A-Team
Get Him To The Greek
The Killer Inside Me
Splice
Cyrus
Toy Story 3

That's my month.

PSGames

DanielPlainview said:
8. Knight and Day (Mangold, June 25th)

Synopsis: An action-comedy centered on a fugitive couple (Cruise and Diaz) on a globe-spanning adventure where, amid shifting alliances and unexpected betrayals, nothing and no one are what they seem.

Why You Should See It: James Mangold (Walk The Line, 3:10 To Yuma) is heading into action/comedy territory with Tom Cruise at the forefront. Let's hope this will change people's mind about the actor, as he does have excellent blockbuster-carrying skills. It looks like a wildly fun romp that doesn't take itself too seriously; something that most films tend to shy away from nowadays.

Knight and Day looks surprisingly good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t1fgXP34jw

big ander

DanielPlainview said:
next month's list will just be 1 Film To See In July:

0412inception2.jpg

:D
Fucking yes :D

Vallhalla Rising is the shit!

I can't wait to see Killer Inside Me and Toy Story 3. Splice looks good as well.

The rest looks like shit. A-Team can piss off.

Foob

will definitely see toy story - i'd like to see the killer inside me, as well.

and although this isn't a movie released in June (or even this year?) I'm finally going to a screening of Best Worst Movie

Splice looks interesting, I may go see that one.

Toy Story 3 has done all it can to keep me from seeing it in theatres with each trailer. I really have no urge whatsoever to see it :(

Russell Brand was the best part about Forgetting Sarah Marshall, so Get Him to the Greek does look appealing. Though yeah, Toy Story 3 is really the film of the month.

...Or next month for us Brits :(

CassSept

Another average month. Apart from TS3 nothing really stands out. Splice sounds interesting but I doubt I'll catch it's run here. Overall this blockbuster season is way worse than the last one, isn't it :/?
DanielPlainview said:
next month's list will just be 1 Film To See In July:

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/0412inception2.jpg[IMG]

:D[/QUOTE]
Now that's something:D
I've had trouble convincing my friends to go watch this movie. Then I told them to watch Memento. Now everybody can't wait for it. Day one!

Chaser

Toy Story 3, definitely. I might also catch Splice in theaters, if I can grab a few friends.

Also, this is the first I've heard of Karate Kid's apparent quality.
I have had a seething hatred for this remake considering how much I love the original, but now I'm really damn intrigued. May have to give it a shot in a couple weeks.

EDIT: And consider my spot booked on the Inception hype-train.

Foob said:
will definitely see toy story - i'd like to see the killer inside me, as well.

and although this isn't a movie released in June (or even this year?) I'm finally going to a screening of Best Worst Movie

I'm really looking forward to Best Worst Movie, not sure when it will come here though. Will probably have to wait for DVD.

G.O.O.

Valhalla Rising is a beautiful movie imo. But people who want to see it should be prepared to watch a slow-paced movie with less than a word page of spoken text.

Tucah

you speak so well
Toy Story 3 is the obvious big one this month, but I'll also probably see The Karate Kid and Knight and Day.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Cropsey is pretty bad by the way. Saw it at a festival last year and I am surprised the documentary is getting released. I seem to remember them just giving away copies of it on a burnt DVD.

harSon said:
A lot of the moves that the original character utilized weren't representative of Karate...

And hes not even being taught "Karate" in this one. Chan's character himself says hes teaching him "KUNG FU".

Karate Kid, Toy Story 3, A-Team.

I will save Killer Inside Me for a later viewing.

Also, need to hit up Bollywood this month for Rajneeti. Can't miss a Prakash Jha Film.

Splice and Valhalla Rising look okay, unfortunately nowhere in the UK appears to know anything about them. Fuck the shitty UK, they'll probably be released in a year or so.

G.O.O.

PumpkinPie said:
Splice and Valhalla Rising look okay, unfortunately nowhere in the UK appears to know anything about them. Fuck the shitty UK, they'll probably be released in a year or so.
VR has been out for a while in the UK (end of April). You probably missed it...

bjork

Killer Inside Me looks pretty cool, hadn't heard of it before.
If I watch Toy Story 1 and 2, I'll be down for 3 as well, but probably not until July when the theaters will be quieter/emptier.

I just finally signed up for netflix the other day, so I'm catching up on stuff I should've seen by now.

harSon

Banned
BattleMonkey said:
And hes not even being taught "Karate" in this one. Chan's character himself says hes teaching him "KUNG FU".

The Chinese bullies tease him by calling him the "Karate Kid" because he attempts to use Karate that he picked up in the States from various places.

Bootaaay said:
It's already available on blu-ray/dvd too.

Oh man, so lucky. It's only hitting IFC/On Demand here. Really wish the Blu came out. I still need to pick up the Bronson Blu-ray and finish the Pusher trilogy.

Evlar

Banned
Toy Story and Karate Kid. Maaaaybe A-Team, depending on critical response.

EDIT: Cyrus looks interesting.

bjork

Random, but maybe someone here knows:

When does Frozen come out on DVD? I saw it back in Feb at Mann's but no word of a DVD date yet.

Tokubetsu

Are Splice and Valhalla Rising going to be given wide releases? They're the only movies I'm interested in but if they're not wide I have no hope of ever seeing them in my shithole part of Florida (all of Florida sucks).

Tokubetsu said:
Are Splice and Valhalla Rising going to be given wide releases? They're the only movies I'm interested in but if they're not wide I have no hope of ever seeing them in my shithole part of Florida (all of Florida sucks).

Splice = yes. Valhalla Rising = no way in hell. It will probably only ever be in NY and LA. You can get it on IFC on demand though starting June 4th.

Tokubetsu

DanielPlainview said:
Splice = yes. Valhalla Rising = no way in hell. It will probably only ever be in NY and LA. You can get it on IFC on demand though starting June 4th.

Good to know, thanks. Guess im waiting for the dvd of Valhalla Rising. I can't get IFC On Demand.

The buzz about Valhalla Rising in Denmark has been mostly bad. I liked Bronson though. Hope I can see it.

I always wondered why nobody had not done a movie like this.. We need more Viking flicks.

Vigilant Walrus said:
The buzz about Valhalla Rising in Denmark has been mostly bad. I liked Bronson though. Hope I can see it.

I always wondered why nobody had not done a movie like this.. We need more Viking flicks.

It's a very, very odd flick that is hard to connect with it. I didn't like it when I first saw it but I haven't been able to forget it since I saw it almost 8 months ago. I'm very much looking forward to rewatching.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Valhalla Rising is pretty awesome.

Anyway, definitely Splice, Knight and Day, A Team and Get him to the Greek. Toy Story 3D too of course, good month imo, possibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom