• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 Films To See In June (what are you watching?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I loved Sarah Marshall so I'd like to see greek but Cyrus sounds nice as well.
I like John A. Hill and John C. Reilly so I'll see both eventually, probably not in theaters.

cropsey-copy.jpg

I thought this was a new Tommy Lee Jones movie at first.

Karate Kid was really entertaining. It follows the same structure as the original but its the perfect example of how to update/reboot. Jackie Chan fucking rocks it, so good. Cinematography is beautiful and Horner's score is really well done.

8 out of 10

ezekial45

Banned
DanielPlainview said:
Karate Kid was really entertaining. It follows the same structure as the original but its the perfect example of how to update/reboot. Jackie Chan fucking rocks it, so good. Cinematography is beautiful and Horner's score is really well done.

8 out of 10

Would you say any of it is Oscar material?

harSon

Banned
DanielPlainview said:

8 out of 10
:D

ezekial45 said:
Would you say any of it is Oscar material?
Possibly, it really is beautifully shot. I wouldn't be upset of Chan was nominated for supporting actor. He has one incredible scene and is really entertaining the the rest.

Grimmy

Banned
WILD GRASS and DOGTOOTH should be #1 and #2, not matinee screenings.

Vard said:
Agree with kaskade.

I'm also hoping the Korean movie, The Housemaid, makes its way to the local Korean theater in June so I can catch that as well.

Meh. The original is much better. The new version's ending is ludicrous.

these Marmaduke review quotes are hilarious. :lol

As talking-dog movies go, Marmaduke makes Beverly Hills Chihuahua look like Up.

How bad is Marmaduke? Let's put it this way: Garfield, come home - all is forgiven.

Marmaduke is a dog of a film that deserves to be put down.

Is there really a reason to insult the intelligence of children so?

Too bad Marmaduke wasn't released a few years ago, when forced viewings of it might have been offered as a suitable punishment for Michael Vick.

There is a special place in hell for filmmakers who deliberately force audiences to endure a worse dog movie than both Marley & Me and The Shaggy Dog remake put together.

When one of the last sounds you hear in a work of family entertainment is a Great Dane passing gas, there’s only one conclusion to be drawn. The movie hates your family.

:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom