• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

14 year old girl has baby in toilet and then kills it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee-Row

Banned
http://www2.tbo.com/news/news/2012/...rged-in-strangulation-death-of-new-ar-516071/

Cassidy Goodson was a 14-year-old with a secret, deputies said.

The Kathleen High School ninth-grader was pregnant and didn't want anyone to find out, deputies said. As she began to show, she wore baggy clothes to conceal her appearance.

And then last week, deputies said, she felt increasingly ill, went to the bathroom of her home and did the unthinkable.

Goodson gave birth into a toilet, then strangled her healthy, full-term newborn to death and left the body in a shoebox among dirty laundry, Sheriff Grady Judd said.

It was an "incredibly tragic event that makes you sick to your stomach," Judd said.

Goodson was charged Thursday with premeditated first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse.

"It's important to point out that the investigation is ongoing," Judd said at a news conference, "but quite frankly there never will be adequate explanations, nor do we suspect that all of our questions will be answered."

Goodson was treated Sept. 19 at Lakeland Regional Medical Center for what was reported to be a miscarriage. According to deputies, her mother found blood around the toilet, and the daughter said she flushed the fetus down the toilet without looking.

However, on Sept. 22, her mother was collecting laundry in her daughter's bedroom and smelled an odor coming from a storage stool, investigators said. Inside was a bag with soiled clothing, which she took to the kitchen sink to sort through, investigators said.

While going through the bag, she found the body and called family members who notified authorities, investigators said.

An autopsy determined the boy was born full-term and breathing prior to death, and the death was the result of asphyxia from strangulation and blunt force trauma.

According to deputies, Goodson – who concealed her pregnancy by wearing baggy clothes the past several months – told detectives she felt ill Sept. 17 and that the discomfort continued through Sept. 19.

She told detectives she went into labor while in the bathroom Sept. 19, placing a towel in her mouth and turning on the bathroom water to conceal any noise she might make during the delivery. He mother was in the home at the time, Judd said.

As her pain increased, she told detectives she took a pair of scissors to "pry the baby out." The infant, who was 9½ pounds and more than 20 inches, was delivered in the toilet, deputies said.

The teen, who is 5 feet 3 inches tall and weighs about 100 pounds, told detectives she lifted the moving infant from the toilet, felt for a pulse, found one, then placed her hands around the infant's neck and squeezed until he wasn't moving or breathing any longer. She took the infant's pulse again and found none, deputies said.

The girl told detectives she choked the baby to "stop him from breathing," before placing the infant's body in the box.

"Everybody's a loser here, but this 14-year-old child murdered her infant baby, which was successfully delivered at home," Judd said.

When asked why she did it, she told deputies "she didn't want to change the relationship with her mother and her family," the sheriff said.

The teen did not know what to do with the child, Judd said.

Deputies said that over the past five months two family members suspected the teen was pregnant and counseled the teen's mother, Teresa Goodson, regarding her daughter's changing appearance.

The girl's mother, however, was in denial about the pregnancy, Judd said.

She cited two home pregnancy tests that showed no positive result. Deputies said the mother allowed the girl to take the tests alone and in private to protect her privacy.

Cassidy Goodson was being held at the Polk County Juvenile Detention Facility.

Horrible story , what say you GAF? Should she be tried as an adult and put in jail for a long time? Should the parents be charged too and the unknown father?

How the fuck do you not know your kid is pregnant?

How the fuck do you not have discussions with your kid about sex and all of its aspects? The pleasure. The hurt. The joy. The risks. Etc. If she were on the pill/had dude wear a rubber and use it right and pull out this would be a non issue.

Unless the unknown father is an adult I don't see what he could/should be charged with. Even if the parents knew she were pregnant they wouldn't necessarily know she was going to give birth in a bathroom and immediately kill the kid.

Sex is a tricky subject at that age because honestly it's most likely to be the first "adult" choice these kids make. And considering many adults make piss poor choices when it comes to sex it's that much more confusing for the kids.

Knowledge would have saved a life in this instance.

Ugh, come the fuck on...

Couldn't leave it outside an adoption agency? Some family's home? I mean ring the doorbell and fucking run, for Christ's sakes...don't strangle the poor thing =(

How the fuck do you not know your kid is pregnant?

Deputies said that over the past five months two family members suspected the teen was pregnant and counseled the teen's mother, Teresa Goodson, regarding her daughter's changing appearance.

The girl's mother, however, was in denial about the pregnancy, Judd said.

She cited two home pregnancy tests that showed no positive result. Deputies said the mother allowed the girl to take the tests alone and in private to protect her privacy.

Pretty awful story.

Reminds of Human Centipede 2, when the
pregnant lady gives birth in the car and smashes the baby's head when she guns the accelerator.

About my reaction...
left the body in a shoebox among dirty laundry

she took a pair of scissors to "pry the baby out

felt for a pulse, found one, then placed her hands around the infant's neck and squeezed until he wasn't moving or breathing any longer

she didn't want to change the relationship with her mother and her family
What in the holy mother of fuck

Demon Ice

Banned
How the fuck do you not notice when a tiny 100 lb girl is pregnant! Such an enraging waste of life. So many infants are born prematurely or with congenital birth defects, and they fight their way to a healthy life, and this bitch strangles a perfectly healthy baby. So angry right now. Fuck. Should not have read this right before bed.

MormaPope

Banned
What in the flying fuck.

A birth into a toilet and then you suffocate the baby? I understand it's a 14 year old girl but that's demented as fuck. What was she thinking? "My mom is gonna be so pissed that I have a kid! I have to kill it quick and hide it!"

How terrible.

Must have been some loud running water to presumably drown out the cries of a baby being choked to death.

Just seems crazy something like this can happen unnoticed.

Zee-Row

Banned
Reminds of Human Centipede 2, when the
pregnant lady gives birth in the car and smashes the baby's head when she guns the accelerator.

Kind of a different situation , she had a guy after her that wanted to make her a human centipede. Totally accidental.

That's pretty shocking and revolting.

placing a towel in her mouth and turning on the bathroom water to conceal any noise she might make during the delivery. He mother was in the home at the time, Judd said. As her pain increased, she told detectives she took a pair of scissors to "pry the baby out."
I can hardly believe that a 14 year old could stealthily give birth when her mom was home

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
What in the flying fuck.

A birth into a toilet and then you suffocate the baby? I understand it's a 14 year old girl but that's demented as fuck. What was she thinking? "My mom is gonna be so pissed that I have a kid! I have to kill it quick and hide it!"

Pretty much, she's a child still and being in trouble is probably one of the biggest concerns in her life.

Zee-Row

Banned
How long have we had those adoption drop off stations at the hospitals? If she didn't want the baby she should have known that she could give it up for adoption. The girl has some crazy Casey Anthony mentality.

MormaPope

Banned
She shouldn't be tried as an adult, she needs extensive therapy and counseling. I'd also ask her what her relationship with her mother is like, I have a feeling she did this because she was fearful of what her mom would do.

That's pretty shocking and revolting.

I can hardly believe that a 14 year old could stealthily give birth when her mom was home

Fuck her, prying a baby out with scissors?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This is unjustifiable, but what do you do in a situation like this? Scared 14 year old girl, made a terrible choice...didn't even have the sense of mind to really hide the crime. Just a shitty situation all around.

Okay, first I watch the Budd Dwyer video then I read this. GAF is going to make me throw up tonight, one way or the other.

And, of course, it's a story from Florida. How awful.

How long have we had those adoption drop off stations at the hospitals? If she didn't want the baby she should have known that she could give it up for adoption. The girl has some crazy Casey Anthony mentality.

If her mother wasn't in denial this could have been dealt with easily. She was obviously past the point of a legal abortion. Could have taken her to a hospital and set up an adoption for the child to be. Instead it gets strangled after birth.

She shouldn't be tried as an adult, she needs extensive therapy and counseling. I'd also ask her what her relationship with her mother is like, I have a feeling she did this because she was fearful of what her mom would do.

Yup. I get the feeling this ultimately occurred because of ignorance and fear. Trying her as an adult will accomplish nothing.

The one who truly fucked up here is her mother. You don't go into denial. You make sure your fucking child isn't pregnant. You take her to the fucking doctor. You make sure to provide her with support and mental health necessary if she is pregnant. You sure as shit don't close your eyes and ears to what's happening in your own fucking house and to your own kid.

BadAss2961

She commited murder and knew full well what she was doing. I'm sorry I don't feel sympathy for her.
I can understand this feeling, but she really just sounds like a scared little girl more than someone who should rot in prison.

I'd never trust her to be a mother though.

Orayn

The one who truly fucked up here is her mother. You don't go into denial. You make sure your fucking child isn't pregnant. You take her to the fucking doctor. You make sure to provide her with support and mental health necessary if she is pregnant. You sure as shit don't close your eyes and ears to what's happening in your own fucking house and to your own kid.

Yup. I get the feeling this ultimately occurred because of ignorance and fear. Trying her as an adult will accomplish nothing.

These. A huge amount of the blame needs to go on the mother for being in denial about the pregnancy and allowing a potentially mentally ill and emotionally unstable 14 year old go through the entire pregnancy without acknowledging it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom