• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15 minutes of Astro Bot gameplay has leaked on Youtube, from someone that has received the game early, and has finished it.

Draugoth

Gold Member

Edit Mirrors:
here's a main hub, all the bots are gathered in one place doing their own thing, along with some bigger bots like trico and machine from horizon.

There's pretty nice animations.

This might be just one map, there's an button switch called "Space Map".

The current map has 2 dessert level selects, 1 tropical and 1 ice biome.

You need a certain amount of bots required for each level, it's quite cool, after you have a certain amount you'll be able to build a bridge with them to cross to a different level.

Or you'll build a rope of bots and then swing across.

(He unfortunately doesnt do the actual levels but they look good before he goes straight back to the main hub)

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
ZTj1XuW.jpeg

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I'm 100% going to play this at some point. I'm sure it'll be very fun.

But that's some drab art design in the videos man. Just sayin'. And I dont need to see Horizon longnecks walking around. But I get it. That's the whole theme. Fan callbacks. Also the hover jump and general moveset looks slow, but I thought that in the first game. Its not unlike the hover in Mario Sunshine, but he also had the slide, forward jump, dash, triple jump and more. Anyway, its just a small out of context clip so whatever.

nial

I will just put everything on the spoiler tag, so that being said...
THE PRINCE FROM KATAMARI IS FUCKING IN. I love you, Team Asobi.

Quasicat

I never replaced my PS5 when it had a hardware failure last year, this might be the game that gets me to pick one up…hopefully there is some kind of deal/bundle for Black Friday.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Do you mind if I mention you? Danjin44 Danjin44
0iVDgz3.jpeg
GBEm9TE.jpeg
I can't believe they put fucking Aigis in an Astro Bot game. Teddie does feel more in line, and it's also an extremely funny choice.
What? The brought Persona? I thought mostly gonna put first party games.

Last edited:

nial

What? The brought Persona? I thought mostly gonna put first party games.
Yep, I've already seen some others from Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Katamari and even Klonoa. Probably many more as well.

Last edited:

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
I'm 100% going to play this at some point. I'm sure it'll be very fun.

But that's some drab art design in the videos man. Just sayin'. And I dont need to see Horizon longnecks walking around. But I get it. That's the whole theme. Fan callbacks. Also the hover jump and general moveset looks slow, but I thought that in the first game. Its not unlike the hover in Mario Sunshine, but he also had the slide, forward jump, dash, triple jump and more. Anyway, its just a small out of context clip so whatever.

HB2 GOTY 10/10 masterpiece folks

nial

A Boku no Natsuyasumi reference is enough for this game to be GOTY for me. God bless Team Asobi, I cannot be more convinced that they truly care about PlayStation's deep legacy; people in the West will go "who?", but this is such an iconic Sony franchise in Japan.
n6lUTi6.jpeg

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
A Boku no Natsuyasumi reference is enough for this game to be GOTY for me. God bless Team Asobi, I cannot be more convinced that they truly care about PlayStation's deep legacy; people in the West will go "who?", but this is such an iconic Sony franchise in Japan.
n6lUTi6.jpeg
For me Team ASOBI is the ONLY studio I care about from Sony.

Top Bottom