• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

18-year-old arrested for pretending to be a doctor in Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Dude has some entrepreneurial skills for sure.

I'd be interested in knowing wether he'll actually go to medical school after all this. Dude is going to be a legend.
Could at least have sprung for a non-garbage stethoscope though. The images have me dying.

If he gets convicted, then good luck trying to enter med school with a felony, especially practicing without a license.

he can still write a book and have a movie after him, so his future is not all bleak.

Lagamorph

Dr._Riviera.png

Dr Love-Robinson utilizes physiological, psychological, and mechanical methods, such as air, water, light, heat, earth, phototherapy, food and herb therapy, psychotherapy, electrotherapy, physiotherapy, mechanotherapy, naturopathic corrections and manipulation, and natural methods or modalities, together with natural medicines, natural processed foods, and herbs and nature’s remedies.

This is gold, but this part:

such as air, water, light, heat, earth

takes the cake. Like he realized that just saying "fire" might make it a little too ridiculous, so he dialed it back.

You can't fool me Dr. Love-Robinson, I know you're Doctor Planet!

So is this a case of a kid who was never told no? and deluded himself he could become a doctor?
I kept waiting during the report for them to say they were live on saturday night live or something

Walpurgis

Banned
If he gets convicted, then good luck trying to enter med school with a felony, especially practicing without a license.

he can still write a book and have a movie after him, so his future is not all bleak.
If he goes to jail, he'll probably become a prison guard and later open his own alternative prison.
This is gold, but this part:

takes the cake. Like he realized that just saying "fire" might make it a little too ridiculous, so he dialed it back.

You can't fool me Dr. Love-Robinson, I know you're Doctor Planet!

Yeah, I thought I was watching an episode of Avatar when I read that.

snacknuts

we all knew her
18 years old and opens up his own medical clinic. I'm 36 and got carded a few months back trying to buy my nephew an M-rated game. WTF.

Those videos are up there with some of the best cringe comedy I've seen.

blackjaw

Doc I found a bump it might be cancer can you take a look?

Oh just go home, sit in the sunshine, breath some air and have a nice glass of water and you'll be better! That'll be $3500.

Homeboyd

Do you need a license to practice holistic medicine? Serious question I really don't know.
There are actually schools and states who acknowledge Naturopathic Doctors (NDs) as crazy as it sounds. Unfortunately, Florida isn't one of them. (Not that this kid has any training either way)

Often times these "cease-and-desist" cases where people are 'pretending to be medical doctors' are linked to people with NDs so take that into consideration.

jblank83

I'd be interested in knowing wether he'll actually go to medical school after all this. Dude is going to be a legend.

He'll be a legend at being an idiot and a criminal.

Medical schools hesitate to take anyone with a drunk driving arrest, much less imitating a medical doctor. Medical schools want extremely intelligent AND extremely responsible students. This person is neither.

Honestly, if I were going to a place called New Life Alternative Medicine I wouldn't be expecting to see a real doctor anyway, so I don't know what the big deal is.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
This is one of the best things I've ever seen.

Yup. Best story of the year so far.

The absurdity is fantastic. He was in a hospital "shadowing" for a month? He actually opened a clinic with two other people who assisted in him pretending to be a doctor?

I mean... I can't even. The balls it would take. I hope that he does something good with that drive and determination after he pays his debt to society.

Keri

The story of the 17-year-old caught last year in a pregnant woman's exam room at St. Mary's Medical Center went viral.

I'm surprised he didn't get in more trouble for this. I guess it depends on the exam and the timing in her pregnancy, but a lot of my pregnancy appointments involve me being pants-less and in stirrups, so if a teenage boy just made his way into my room to watch that, I'd be furious.

Viewt

I'm surprised he didn't get in more trouble for this. I guess it depends on the exam and the timing in her pregnancy, but a lot of my pregnancy appointments involve me being pants-less and in stirrups, so if a teenage boy just made his way into my room to watch that, I'd be furious.

As a minor at the time, there may not have been much they could do. Not now, though. As funny as the story is, he could be in for a rough go. :\

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!

It might have been something less intimate, like an ultrasound.

If he WAS doing a shadow session while an OB is doing a vaginal examination? Yeeeeah. No bueno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom