• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

18-year-old arrested for pretending to be a doctor in Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightbird

CpO8LbB.png

Nice one xD

Keri

As a minor at the time, there may not have been much they could do. Not now, though. As funny as the story is, he could be in for a rough go. :\

Yeah, you might be right.

It might have been something less intimate, like an ultrasound.

If he WAS doing a shadow session while an OB is doing a vaginal examination? Yeeeeah. No bueno.

Yeah, it's definitely possible, but it was a bit before I graduated to over-the-belly (get to keep your pants on) ultrasounds, rather than trans-vaginal...So, it probably depends on the timing in her pregnancy. I think all of my first-trimester appointments involved nakedness. Although, it does seem like I'm getting to keep my pants on, more and more, as things progress, so it's totally possible this was a non-naked appointment. I'd still be pissed at the hospital though, for allowing a stranger to wander into my exam. Even with residents-in-training, they ask if you're comfortable having them sit in.

Wants the life of a doctor but don't wanna put in dat work.

If u ain't got the chops for medical school then it is what it is.

Hope he gets legal repercussions for this.

A kid that wants to be a doctor but doesn't want to actually put in the time/effort to get the degree.

edit; He stole checks too? Okay, he is not a naive dreamer, he is a crook.

NeonBlack

How did he open a facility? Where the hell are his parents? WTF

Just go to school man.You're showing more passion then most lol.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The crazy thing about this kid isn't so much his tapestry of lies, or the elaborate but 100% fake medical practice, it's his apparently unshakeable confidence in his "game."

He genuinely thinks that he's convincing enough to somehow get away with it. He thinks that his idiotic semantic breakdancing is somehow clever legalese that will prevent him from being prosecuted.

This dude thinks he's one step ahead of the game, and he's absolutely oblivious to how ridiculous and flimsy his shit sounds.

Lol even his glasses are a lie. He uses them like intelligence sunglasses.

Dalek

The crazy thing about this kid isn't so much his tapestry of lies, or the elaborate but 100% fake medical practice, it's his apparently unshakeable confidence in his "game."

He genuinely thinks that he's convincing enough to somehow get away with it. He thinks that his idiotic semantic breakdancing is somehow clever legalese that will prevent him from being prosecuted.

This dude thinks he's one step ahead of the game, and he's absolutely oblivious to how ridiculous and flimsy his shit sounds.

Lol even his glasses are a lie. He uses them like intelligence sunglasses.

Yeah it's true. He's always thinking-"I can just talk my way out of this and no one will be the wiser."

Iorv3th

Was he the only one that was arrested? What about the other people working with him, somebody was supporting this dumbass and they should be held responsible as well.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
He should just plead insanity. There's no recovering from this with human logic. The media is basically making a fool out of him.

neshcom

Banned
What's this kid's endgoal? Make money bilking rubes with alternative medicine? Somehow act as an MD without going to medical school?

RBH

Dude has some entrepreneurial skills for sure.

I'd be interested in knowing wether he'll actually go to medical school after all this. Dude is going to be a legend.
Could at least have sprung for a non-garbage stethoscope though. The images have me dying.

Nope

A felony charge pretty much kills his chances right on the spot. At least for a U.S. school.

Maybe he could get lucky getting into a Caribbean school or some other school outside of the U.S.

I've prosecuted a fair number of fake doctors, dentists, and counselors and these fraudsters can do real damage to their patients. It sounds funny, particularly with the age of this guy and his huevos, but dispensing medical advice to folks who have actual medical conditions is just disgusting. Can you imagine your grandmother being taken advantage of by this asshole and not getting real treatment?

sohois

Nope

A felony charge pretty much kills his chances right on the spot. At least for a U.S. school.

Maybe he could get lucky getting into a Caribbean school or some other school outside of the U.S.

Perhaps he can do a correspondence course through the University of American Samoa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom