• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 Breitbart Staffers Hired For White House Positions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make America Hate Again

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/24/media/trump-breitbart-white-house/index.html

Julia Hahn, who covered immigration issues for Breitbart through an aggressively anti-immigration lens, has been named special assistant to the president, a source with knowledge of the matter told CNNMoney.

Sebastian Gorka, the site's national security editor and a policy consultant on Trump's presidential campaign, has joined the Trump White House in a yet-to-be-announced role, a source with knowledge of the matter confirmed. Business Insider, which was first to report the move, said Gorka will likely have a role on Trump's National Security Council.

Sakujou

Banned
the US is going to be the greatest country of all time. hiring high profile staff is the RIGHT direction.
will we have better media-coverage than 1933-1945?

jelly

The only hope is they over step so much a massive push back against them will happen and maybe they all go down.

RPGCrazied

I really feel sorry for people with young kids. They have to grow up in this mess. I was thankful to live a few decades without it being as bad as it is now.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Maybe if I identify as trans racial I won't live in utter fear. My name is Harrison Booth. I'm white. What IPAs do you have on tap?.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
CNN/MSNBC and NYT will be the first to go, no doubt.

Buzzfeed will be the first ones gone. Then it will trickle down to see what they can do. The first question being asked yesterday by the NY post says a lot.

I think that won't happen for awhile. Not overtly. For now, they still have news organizations that won't go full throttle for fear of losing access. When they do lose access, they will salt the earth.

They are already in the press room and the site that made shit up about Clinton asked a question today. Just easing it in for complete control.

Whompa02

What the fuck is going on and why is no one stopping it?

Because they're all surrounding themselves. We just have to live with it. We can protest (I did) but at the end of the day, nobody is going to question their own ethics.

What the fuck is going on and why is no one stopping it?

Well we had a great chance to prevent all of this on Nov 8th. But purity tests, protest votes, apathy, emails, "Doesn't 100% represent me", "I can't get a drink with her" votes made sure of this future.

So....here we are. Personally I'm hoping that many of the aforementioned voters are affected the worst by this administration, but I know they'll be the least affected.

Trump's selections for his staff and cabinet are:

Oil Tycoons
Family members
Conservative media company staffers and CEO
An Anti-vaxxer
Anti-FCC lobbyists
Climate-Change Deniers
A couple Billionaires
Some WallStreet Recession Bailout bankers
A couple Generals
A Pro Wrestling Company Co-owner
And a single Neurosurgeon who thinks Pyramids were built to store grain.

...who did I miss?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Hmm, don't think I know of this Breitbart. Someone fill me in quickly on this?
A news company that is effectively a Trump propaganda machine. Spews either spun articles or outright lying articles supporting racism, sexism, Gamergate, and all sorts of other hateful shit.

Top members of Breitbart have been working for Trump's campaign organization as advisors and the like while he was campaigning, and now he's bringing a bunch of them into the White House. There are a lot of deep ties between Trump and Breitbart.

guek

Banned
3o6wrAEqQYDcRUJPy0.gif

Avixph

Trump's selections for his staff and cabinet are:

Oil Tycoons
Family members
Conservative media company staffers and CEO
An Anti-vaxxer
Anti-FCC lobbyists
Climate-Change Deniers
A couple Billionaires
Some WallStreet Recession Bailout bankers
A couple Generals
A Pro Wrestling Company Co-owner
And a single Neurosurgeon who thinks Pyramids were built to store grain.

...who did I miss?
A Russian Government stooge.

CNN/MSNBC and NYT will be the first to go, no doubt.

I hear what you're saying but CNN, MSNBC, and the NYT are hardly examples of stellar journalism. Especially CNN and MSNBC. Some NYT writers do great pieces but the editorial board is consistently questionable in their sources and integrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom