• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 wheel GAF UNITE!

Dougald

"You have to ride in front to set the pace, because your bike is crap"

Spoken by my wife's instructor on their way to Oxford this morning. I like this guy already!

Hehe, he seems honest at least :p.

Went out to take some shots of the M2 this evening, was quite pleased with how this one turned out:

m2cyclonex7szi.png

Fixed1979

I wish I knew enough about bikes, to consider a Buell. Nice shot.

Installed some black ASV shorty levers on the triple yesterday. They look and feel so nice, still need to play with the clutch a bit to get it set right. Very happy with the purchase.

Honda's new VFR800X Crossrunner.... dont know so much about the front beak. But then its going head to head with the 800GS BMW and the 800 Triumph.

sYgWDLQ.jpg

Dougald

Stick a BMW badge on it and you could have fooled me... I like the look of the BMWs but I really wish manufacturers would do something a little different..

I quite like the V-Strom 650, and it doesn't *completely* look like a BMW clone either.

I wish I knew enough about bikes, to consider a Buell. Nice shot.

Installed some black ASV shorty levers on the triple yesterday. They look and feel so nice, still need to play with the clutch a bit to get it set right. Very happy with the purchase.

Yeah thanks :)

Post a pic of the new levers if you get around to it. Always love to see mods like that.

Yeah, it makes for a very interesting look... and a hell of a racket :D, though it's remarkably civil when you're taking it easy.

Went for a longer ride last sunday with Scotch and my other (motorcycle riding) buddy. On the way back we switched bikes, which was awesome. So damn cool to look at Scotch riding the M2, and the noise... haha. Yeah that was a blissful afternoon.

Dougald

Triumph are just gonna keep refining that thing until they have perfection. Still prefer the old-style "surprised" headlights on mine though.

Love the red wheels

Next year March is my time if all goes well to have the option to change bikes. I am very happy with mine but this triple has been in my sights for a long time. I will have to go and test it to get it out of my system.

Wonder if the Speed Triple is also due for an update. Going to test ride one this weekend to see if it's a good fit. This way i can cover my bases (Cruiser, Sport, Naked).

Dougald

The Speed Triple almost seems like a Street Triple with a bigger engine shoved in it these days, which is weird considering that the Street is the one that started as a smaller Speed 3. It does need a refresh because at the moment I feel like the Street is the nicer looker (apart from that swingarm!!)

Next year March is my time if all goes well to have the option to change bikes. I am very happy with mine but this triple has been in my sights for a long time. I will have to go and test it to get it out of my system.

If this keeps up everyone in this thread will own a Street Triple!

I admit, it makes for a very nice detour on the road to Buell ownership.

All kidding aside, I should take the Duc out for a ride while the weather's still good. Wonder what it feels like after nearly 2000km exclusively on the Buell.

Jackson

Someone attempted to steal My friend's BMW HP4 out of his own driveway last night. They tried to roll it onto the street, but dropped it midway in the driveway. Some fairing damage obviously happened.

He's understandably pissed.

Watevaman

Standstill drop for my buddy's HP4 caused ~$3000 in damage, so yeah, understandably pissed.

Does he normally keep it in the garage?

Any of you guys ever clip a cars mirror? I was riding to work this morning and this dude started merging into the lane I was in without signaling or anything. I ended up speeding up and clipping his mirror pretty hard. He started honking and flashing his lights at me but I said fuck it and took off. I know the right thing to do would be to stop but I didn't want to deal with this asshole bitching about his BMW. Now I'm worried he got my plate.

Watevaman

Were you far behind him when he started merging or right next to him? If you were next to him, and I don't want to sound like a dick here, but be careful of his blind spot. I probably would've stopped.....but only if I knew I was in the right (which being next to him counts as, as he should've checked).

Dougald

I've done it while filtering, but only because the guy pulled out to try and block me coming past as I was filtering alongside him, idiot.

Never in normal riding conditions, luckily

I need to start building up my freeway skills. Any quick tips you folks can share? I've only taken my CBR 250 on the freeway 3 times and it was always tough getting that sucker up to speed to instill any confidence in me.

Evo X

Did a few small cosmetic mods.

Took off the ugly orange reflectors and also removed the grey windscreen. Think the white flyscreen underneath looks better.

Installed the Competition Werks fender eliminator to clean up the rear end. Also added a Naughty Dog sticker to rep my nerdy side. It suits the bike quite nicely. :D

Thinking about removing the passenger grab handles to make it even more sleek, but kinda like the black contrast back there, so keeping them on for the moment.

Here is how she sits now.

The more I ride it, the more I fall in love. One of the best overall street bikes I've ever been on. Enough performance to have fun, but not scary/jail time fast like the liter bikes. Having proper handlebars also makes it so much easier to maneuver around traffic and the riding posture isn't designed like a medieval torture device that is the 848. lol.

I need to start building up my freeway skills. Any quick tips you folks can share? I've only taken my CBR 250 on the freeway 3 times and it was always tough getting that sucker up to speed to instill any confidence in me.

Go practice on some 80 or 90 km/h roads. The freeway's not so different other than watching out for people merging. Don't hang out in the middle lane (if there are 3+ lanes), as there is no singular blocking position.

The chancesof anyincident on the freeway is quite low, as the relative speeds between any two vehicles tend to be minimal compared to other situations.

Dougald

Wife has her Module 1 A-license test today (> 600cc)

Taking bets on whether she fails
I failed. I also failed the Module 2

It may seem daunting but I always found riding on the motorway to be easier. Your biggest hazards are someone braking in front of you, or merging into your lane, which are much easier to deal with than junctions, people pulling out on you, etc. Just keep up the awareness, keep your 2 second spacing, and watch for people merging into you and you'll be fine!

Took off the ugly orange reflectors and also removed the grey windscreen. Think the white flyscreen underneath looks better.

Nice, I never really liked the windscreen (apart from on the black bikes like mine, as its the same colour). Looks great!

Installed the Competition Werks fender eliminator to clean up the rear end. Also added a Naughty Dog sticker to rep my nerdy side. It suits the bike quite nicely. :D

Thinking about removing the passenger grab handles to make it even more sleek, but kinda like the black contrast back there, so keeping them on for the moment.

Here is how she sits now.

The more I ride it, the more I fall in love. One of the best overall street bikes I've ever been on. Enough performance to have fun, but not scary/jail time fast like the liter bikes. Having proper handlebars also makes it so much easier to maneuver around traffic and the riding posture isn't designed like a medieval torture device that is the 848. lol.

nice looking changes... like the white

Dougald

Names edited to protect the innocent:

5WSuZ4d.png

If she passes the road test next Wednesday (arguably easier if you already drive), that'll be a full unlimited license done and dusted.

They have upped the power since I did my test, I did it on a GS500 which is now no longer powerful enough, she sat it on a Suzuki Gladius.. these days the bike must be >=595cc and >54bhp

Names edited to protect the innocent:

5WSuZ4d.png

If she passes the road test next Wednesday (arguably easier if you already drive), that'll be a full unlimited license done and dusted.

They have upped the power since I did my test, I did it on a GS500 which is now no longer powerful enough, she sat it on a Suzuki Gladius.. these days the bike must be >=595cc and >54bhp

Sweet man... grats to the lady

Dougald

Chinese monster will be pre-emptively going up on eBay this weekend, after I've done the second service...

How can I write an eBay listing for it without the phrase "piece of shit"

Dougald

exotic, I like that.....

+ It's not rusted to pieces yet
+ I changed the sprocket so now you can actually do 60mph
+ It moves under its own power
+ It now has a spark plug and downpipe header bolts that aren't made of cheese
+ Geniune fake Autobots badge on the front
+ extra key because one of the originals snapped off in the steering lock in the pub car park

- It won't get up to speed any time this century
- Don't expect it to slow down any faster than it sped up
- it rattles like hell, but at least I put threadlock on most of the bolts that keep coming loose

Top Bottom