• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 wheel GAF UNITE!

Fixed1979

I'm a little late, but congrats on the new bike, and welcome to the triple club. I'm thinking we should start our own triple thread and leave the other peasants behind!

Saw a guy and his mate on the speed triple have a bit of a tumble with a ambulance. I hope it no one on here. Nothing major but the one guy dropped his bike and I can just feel his pain.

Have a good riding weekend guys

haha, i have a scooter i dunno what to do with! i rescued my mom's old vespa et4 (150cc) from storage; and i replaced the main fuel line, spark plug, and battery and gave it a good cleaning. a (total hipster) friend wanted it bad. he didn't have any cash, but offered me his 2008 scarabeo 500 maxiscoot in trade. i didn't care and said "sure" (was planning to unload it anyhow), but now i have a GIANT(!!!!) scooter in my garage and no idea what to do with it. daughter likes rides on it, at least?? maybe i'll use it as a commuter? it's kind of the subaru forester of two-wheelers...

pic below. it even makes my tiger look small! SO HUGE!

xHsfDeD.jpg

Dougald

That scooter is begging for some mods!

I have to head into work early hours today but I couldn't ask for a nicer morning to be riding into London

Saw a guy and his mate on the speed triple have a bit of a tumble with a ambulance. I hope it no one on here. Nothing major but the one guy dropped his bike and I can just feel his pain.

Have a good riding weekend guys

Saw a bloke on a monster nearly do the same last night. Don't merge into the busiest motorway in London during rush hour at 90mph and swing across 4 lanes. I swear some riders have a death wish.

Piggus

Saw a Ruckus that looked a lot like that ^

Argh, I want to get out and ride my PCX150 around town but I'm not scheduled to take my motorcycle endorsement test until April 11th. Gonna seem like such a long wait.

Evo X

So my STR just passed 1,100 miles.

Am I crazy for wanting to sell it already?

It's been great, but I kind of miss being hunkered down on a sport bike. Lack of wind protection is pretty annoying too. It's also got such crazy long gearing that I rarely every use anything other than 1st and 2nd around town.

I'd probably swap it for a new S1000RR or 1299 Panigale.

Watevaman

Took the ZRX out today after finally adjusting the chain tension and cleaning and lubing it. Speaking of which, I went with Motul's chain lube since I couldn't find a can of my preferred Dupont stuff. I don't know how people use this lube. Yeah, it went on easy, but it is way too sticky for me to see it being effective at keeping dirt and grime out of the chain links.

Anyway, I got some footage from my Drift that I may upload. I'm still working out wind noise with the mic placement, but it's a lot better than the onboard mic that is pretty much all windblast.

you know, on paper, this scooter looks embarrassing with 39 hp and 440ish lbs wet weight, but it is really snappy off the line and hauls pretty quickly up to 60. runs smoothly at 85 although it kinda wheezes after that. i FINALLY got it up to an indicated 105ish, which probably means i didn't actually break the ton given piaggio/aprilia speedos and their 7-10% generosity. wish it wasn't so damn big. probably gonna either sell it or run it out to the coast and store it at my parents, where i can use it for rides on the coastal 101.

Such a nice day for a ride. I was following this guy on a K1600 with two Akra cans on and he took me on such a nice ride following some country roads. Learning the roads by following other people haha

gNirXgX.jpg

Makki

It's been great, but I kind of miss being hunkered down on a sport bike. Lack of wind protection is pretty annoying too. It's also got such crazy long gearing that I rarely every use anything other than 1st and 2nd around town.

I think for any motorcycle fan is hard to stick to one thing and not be enticed by some other type of bike you would love to try out. If you have a record of wanting to switch maybe you should buy a used one that you can sell back later for a small loss if any.

The new S1000RR's best features vs the old model are really only worth it if you plan to keep it in the long run in my opinion, like the electronic suspension if you want to have just one bike that can do it all, or the quickshifter for lazy riding.

You will definitely only use 1st and 2nd mostly on a liter bike though lol

Watevaman

I know a bunch of y'all are from Europe, so does anyone here own an Abba stand (or something like it)?

http://abbastands.co.uk/

I'm thinking of just getting one of these for the ZRX instead of a Pitbull rear stand, for a few reasons. First reason is, a rear stand on spools won't let me remove the shocks if I ever need to. Second reason is, it looks like these can easily be done with just one person, whereas I don't feel comfortable using a rear stand by myself.

I might contact Abba itself, because one of the US distributors (in Canada, actually) has it at $250, and the direct conversion from Abba is $150 atm and I can't see how it would cost more than $100 to ship it to the US.

Dougald

I know a bunch of y'all are from Europe, so does anyone here own an Abba stand (or something like it)?

http://abbastands.co.uk/

I'm thinking of just getting one of these for the ZRX instead of a Pitbull rear stand, for a few reasons. First reason is, a rear stand on spools won't let me remove the shocks if I ever need to. Second reason is, it looks like these can easily be done with just one person, whereas I don't feel comfortable using a rear stand by myself.

I might contact Abba itself, because one of the US distributors (in Canada, actually) has it at $250, and the direct conversion from Abba is $150 atm and I can't see how it would cost more than $100 to ship it to the US.

I don't own one but I have considered it, I've only heard good things. I'll probably invest in one if I get around to changing my fork oil before I get another bike.

What do you guys think to Hondas Bulldog concept bike?

q5GPMPh.jpg

It looks like the unholy union of a Ruckus and an older BMW... I quite like it actually.

Watevaman

I don't own one but I have considered it, I've only heard good things. I'll probably invest in one if I get around to changing my fork oil before I get another bike.

What do you guys think to Hondas Bulldog concept bike?

q5GPMPh.jpg

It looks like the unholy union of a Ruckus and an older BMW... I quite like it actually.

That picture is messing with me. Is it Grom sized or full motorcycle sized? Looks like it'd be a fun thing to blast through the forest trails with, just going through creeks and over logs. Don't like the blue, though, would prefer it to be maybe desert brown with some dark green.

Dougald

That picture is messing with me. Is it Grom sized or full motorcycle sized? Looks like it'd be a fun thing to blast through the forest trails with, just going through creeks and over logs. Don't like the blue, though, would prefer it to be maybe desert brown with some dark green.

It's a 400cc engine apparently, so I guess somewhere between the Grom and a full-sized bike.

StuKen

Engine block looks like the crf250l so about 20hp. Problem is the base crf250l is about 150kg and with all that sexy looking plastic its not going to be lighter. Its the gs adventure of small cc world.

Watevaman

It was 73F (23C) on Thursday and as of right now, it's 22F (-6C) with a high of 35F (2C). Weekends are supposed to be nice, not shitty!

Dougald

Horrible, horrible weather here, no point going riding unless I have to

But I just got home to find out the wifes gone out on her CBR, so I'm clearly the wimp in the family

Nuova

Banned

This is what I keep telling myself shopping for a new bike. I know the STR is undoubtedly the most logical choice; power, and comfortable. But I just know I'll miss the aggressive position of a pure sportsbike. I really want a Daytona 675 but the rational part of me says a STR.

From the time spent riding my brother's Aprilia Shiver, I can say there is a lot I really like about nakeds. An upright position does get pretty windy, though, as mentioned. A sport standard (and I use "standard" loosely here) like a Tuono at least has a little bit more forward position and some fairing to it.

I'm going to try some time this season to swap out the bars on the R1 for slightly taller/wider grip. My friend did it on his RC51, and I spent a day on that - I hardly even noticed any difference at first, but after many hours I hadn't gotten fatigued. At least the R1 is more comfortable than the RC51 from the start, but I do want to try the bars. Some time last fall I did a 300 mile ride, and while nothing hurt, it just wound up being an exhausting day by the time I was headed home.

Makki

Got me a dark visor off of amazon and I'm surprised at how different overall my helmet looks. I used to wear sunglasses underneath, don't know why I waited this long to buy the visor but it looks badass! Cyclegear wanted 100 bucks for it which was highway robbery.

DMmkLbj.jpg

Dougald

Unfortunately I haven't followed it at all since it went pay tv here. Considering heading to the British race this year though, it's cheaper than the F1 (and probably louder these days)

Yeah, been watching Rossi for over 15 years now. Incredible that he's still got it. The man is a legend and such a nice guy as well.

Something else though... did you guys see the Kawasaki umbrella girls? I don't say this often, but damn...

Yeah, been watching Rossi for over 15 years now. Incredible that he's still got it. The man is a legend and such a nice guy as well.

Something else though... did you guys see the Kawasaki umbrella girls? I don't say this often, but damn...

That is a que for "please post a photo" lol

Please excuse my extremely shitty gif skills:

output_fooflvu0uxz.gif

She actually distracted me so that I had not noticed that despite the predominantly green livery, this is in fact a Yamaha team, not Kawasaki.

Evo X

Did you guys see MCN's 2015 liter bike shootout?

It features the Yamaha R1, Ducati 1299S, BMW S1KR, Honda Fireblade SP, Kawasaki ZX10R, and Suzuki GSXR 1000.

If you could have any of them, which one would you choose?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V4kMSXKn9g

This is what I keep telling myself shopping for a new bike. I know the STR is undoubtedly the most logical choice; power, and comfortable. But I just know I'll miss the aggressive position of a pure sportsbike. I really want a Daytona 675 but the rational part of me says a STR.

Yeah, as an overall package, it is really hard to do better than the STR. I just have some crazy thoughts come to mind because I like new and shiny things. lol

What are you riding now? If you really want the Daytona 675, I say go for it. Motorcycles are toys. You should follow your heart, not rationality.

Top Bottom