• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 wheel GAF UNITE!

H7ZBvvH.jpg

brought this bad boy back to life after it had been collecting dust in my parents' garage. my brother rode it drunk and put it down, but it turned out all it REALLY needed besides straightening the steering column was a new final drive belt and a new spark plug.

That is a nice lookin' Vespa. Did you fix it up for your brother, or did you buy it from him?

that monster is HOT.

Yeah, thanks. I'll just learn to love it a little more again :p.

Contemplating doing a wrap on it in matte grey, not sure yet.

You could also have a look at some of that Monster art stuff they were doing a while back (exchanging the bodywork).

Got the 2015 PCX150 :D

It's sooooooo nice to ride. Very comfortable, stable, and has really nice acceleration compared to most scooters. Absolutely love it.

Unfortunately it started pissing down rain, so fun's over for now. :p

Congrats, enjoy :)

2014 Triumph Street Triple R in Crystal White currently waiting for me at the dealer with a sold sign on it! Should have it later this week. How am I supposed to teach knowing that I have that waiting on me.

Nice! Was hard to resist, huh?

Educate your pupils on the differences between 2, 3 and 4 cylinders.

Ah, thanks for the link. That bike really doesn't look bad at all. And indeed, it does make me wonder how much of a hassle it would be to import.

Dougald

If it's anything like here, you'll probably just need to fill in a load of paperwork and get a hold of a European Certificate of Conformity to get a local plate... I assume HD Europe can provide that, but probably good to look into.

Anybody here have any experience with Spidi race suits? Looking to replace my trusty track suit of 10 years with something new, specifically....

spidi-track-wind-pro-one-piece-motorcycle-suit.jpg

openrob

Got the 2015 PCX150 :D

t1Q47vK.jpg

It's sooooooo nice to ride. Very comfortable, stable, and has really nice acceleration compared to most scooters. Absolutely love it.

Unfortunately it started pissing down rain, so fun's over for now. :p

I kbnow what you mean. I also have a Honda Pantheon 125
$_86.JPG

Really comfy and similarly quite nippy. I find I enjoy using the scooter more than my bike on a day to day basis/

Makki

I have had my mic setup for a pretty short time and I have no clue at video editing, but I figure some of you would like to hear/see the new Suzuki GSX-S750 for the US:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoD6NFjRnTk

I wish we had more exciting roads to share video of, so feel free to fast forward if Im going straight for too long lol. It doesnt help that I'm not used to talking to myself like other motovloggers. If you guys want to hear what I thought were the pros/cons I can definitely point em out in case you are interested in one of these.

I also have some footage of the ZX10R and the ZX6R that I'll upload some time later.

I have had my mic setup for a pretty short time and I have no clue at video editing, but I figure some of you would like to hear/see the new Suzuki GSX-S750 for the US:

I wish we had more exciting roads to share video of, so feel free to fast forward if Im going straight for too long lol. It doesnt help that I'm not used to talking to myself like other motovloggers. If you guys want to hear what I thought were the pros/cons I can definitely point em out in case you are interested in one of these.

I also have some footage of the ZX10R and the ZX6R that I'll upload some time later.

nice; thanks! oem mirrors seem surprisingly effective on that bike.

Anybody here have any experience with Spidi race suits? Looking to replace my trusty track suit of 10 years with something new, specifically....

I have no experience with the newer ones, but I have a JP3 Hydroback. Generally speaking, Spidi makes good quality stuff (and most of it looks great). I will say that, for me personally, their jackets and suits are a little "short" in the torso for me, but I have odd proportions. The only way to tell is to try one on. If you have to order it, get it from somewhere that will take your measurements - they might be able to recommend the right size right away. I've found Alpinestars' higher end stuff to be my personal favorite...check out the Atem.

This reminds me, why are almost every bike company omitting the hosepower/torque numbers on their website? I think only Ducati, Kawasaki and BMW are showing them.

This is something I could use... I really want my next bike to have all the driver aids I can afford, I couldn't even wrangle ABS last time

I was surprised at how well it works at making the bike a bit more tame in the wet. Still fun but it not going to let you give it full taps in a corner. Also the ride by wire is smooth as hell.

Dougald

I was surprised at how well it works at making the bike a bit more tame in the wet. Still fun but it not going to let you give it full taps in a corner. Also the ride by wire is smooth as hell.

Sounds awesome. The Triumph isn't *too* bad in the wet but it does get a bit squirrely. I rode the CBR600F in the rain and the back end did slide out a little on a roundabout. I suppose it doesn't do much more than a really controlled wrist would, but it can make that decision a lot faster than I can (same with ABS).

The problem with riding in the rain is metal drain covers. There might as well be a few litres of oil on the road when it rains on them.

Watevaman

The problem with riding in the rain is metal drain covers. There might as well be a few litres of oil on the road when it rains on them.

What I was taught was to avoid all the slippery stuff when it's dry (painted lines, manhole covers, those tar snakes, etc.) so you naturally do so when it's wet. There's some you simply can't avoid, but it helps a lot.

Dougald

It's the ones on blind corners that get me.. nothing makes you wake up faster than going over one of those

Second worst in the UK is mini roundabouts. NEVER cut across one of these when it's raining unless you feel particularly lucky... the paint is like ice

bnf9mSG.jpg

It's the ones on blind corners that get me.. nothing makes you wake up faster than going over one of those

Second worst in the UK is mini roundabouts. NEVER cut across one of these when it's raining unless you feel particularly lucky... the paint is like ice

bnf9mSG.jpg

Second that... I live where I can use some country roads and man a farmer that pulled out and spilled some mud on the road and you going around a corner hitting that stuff is just a pants filler.

Trickytoon

Neo Member
I'm new to 2 wheel GAF having only passed my test a couple of months ago, there's some great bikes on here so I thought I would bring the tone down with my current project bike.

Couple of friends and I decided to invest in a cheap fun bike for weekend blasts, cue some drunken eBay bidding and a Honda VFR 400 NC24 of 1988 vintage was ours :

gcjO2Cd.jpg

Previous owner spent alot of money on this bike last year including a carb rebuild, fork upgrade and rebuild, uprated shock and at some point its had a Scorpion end can fitted. Also bought a donor NC21 to bring some areas of the bike back to standard including some cracked bodywork, racing gear linkage which is loose and causes leg cramps, brake reservoir and other bits and bobs. Its slowly coming together, we're now currently deciding whether to take it back to the original Rothmans colour scheme.

I'm new to 2 wheel GAF having only passed my test a couple of months ago, there's some great bikes on here so I thought I would bring the tone down with my current project bike.

Couple of friends and I decided to invest in a cheap fun bike for weekend blasts, cue some drunken eBay bidding and a Honda VFR 400 NC24 of 1988 vintage was ours :

gcjO2Cd.jpg

Previous owner spent alot of money on this bike last year including a carb rebuild, fork upgrade and rebuild, uprated shock and at some point its had a Scorpion end can fitted. Also bought a donor NC21 to bring some areas of the bike back to standard including some cracked bodywork, racing gear linkage which is loose and causes leg cramps, brake reservoir and other bits and bobs. Its slowly coming together, we're now currently deciding whether to take it back to the original Rothmans colour scheme.

Welcome... man I was looking at the days I had a TZR250 as I could not get my hands on a 400cc. Good looking machine and the paint job makes it look awesome

Triumph test rides booked for Saturday. Laguna Triumph in Ashford are doing a demo day. Tiger XRx and Street Triple R booked for me.

And "our" Harley shop is doing a custom competition so we'll stop into that too.

Saturday sorted!

Dougald

You'll end up buying a Street Triple like everyone else on GAF.. The Tiger 800 is a great platform too. Same Triple as the Street but a lot more subdued, I really enjoyed it for commuting when I borrowed one for the day.

Hope you enjoy, I'm working on Saturday which, if the weathers nice means riding into London and going for a bacon sandwich at the Ace afterwards.

You'll end up buying a Street Triple like everyone else on GAF.. The Tiger 800 is a great platform too. Same Triple as the Street but a lot more subdued, I really enjoyed it for commuting when I borrowed one for the day.

Hope you enjoy, I'm working on Saturday which, if the weathers nice means riding into London and going for a bacon sandwich at the Ace afterwards.

Picked mine up yesterday!

Watevaman

Zrex is gonna need a valve check soon. Lots of ticking but it goes away when warm. Also gonna check out the CCT and make sure that's doing its job.

Dougald

Zrex is gonna need a valve check soon. Lots of ticking but it goes away when warm. Also gonna check out the CCT and make sure that's doing its job.

I assume you're doing that yourself? Good luck, you are a better man than I am! I love doing my own servicing, but after doing it on a single cylinder I vowed never to bother again unless it was a single or a restoration.

Work-wise I still haven't got around to doing a coolant flush on my bike.. and I have some new spark plugs sat on my desk waiting to go in the CBR too.

Nuova

Banned
What's everyone's opinion on the Triumph Daytonas?

My last bike was declared a total loss, and I've really been eying these. I keep hearing they have really aggressive ergos, but what supersport doesn't?

REALLY want a hypermotard, but cost of maintenance is way too high for a college student :(

Watevaman

I assume you're doing that yourself? Good luck, you are a better man than I am! I love doing my own servicing, but after doing it on a single cylinder I vowed never to bother again unless it was a single or a restoration.

Work-wise I still haven't got around to doing a coolant flush on my bike.. and I have some new spark plugs sat on my desk waiting to go in the CBR too.

Yeah, the zrx apparently has some cam followers that make it really easy. I did it on the gs500 and while it wasn't my definition of fun I didn't have any problems.

Dougald

Yeah, the zrx apparently has some cam followers that make it really easy. I did it on the gs500 and while it wasn't my definition of fun I didn't have any problems.

Yeah I wouldn't say it's hard just time-consuming and potentially frustrating. It's the only job I absolutely hate doing so I try to avoid it where possible.

What's everyone's opinion on the Triumph Daytonas?

My last bike was declared a total loss, and I've really been eying these. I keep hearing they have really aggressive ergos, but what supersport doesn't?

REALLY want a hypermotard, but cost of maintenance is way too high for a college student :(

By all accounts I've heard they are excellent, as they are essentially street triples (or rather, the Street Triple is a Daytona with a detuned engine, no fairing and upright riding position). I haven't ridden one but I've met plenty of people with good things to say about it.

To heel toe shift lever fell off of my bike going down the highway today. Fuuuuuuuu. The splines had worn off. I had to stop 3 times on the highway and put it back on to make it home. Sitting at the dealership now.

Top Bottom