• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 wheel GAF UNITE!

Watevaman

Yeah, that definitely reminds me of the ZRX. Maybe in the future I'll have a stable with the CB1100, ZRX, and Yama in it to fulfill my retro-styled-bike needs.

Yeah, ease of access was not a priority (when they designed it). All told it took me about two hours of fiddling to get it done...

That's crazy, my Streetfighter S battery takes like 10 minutes to get to (if that). Pull off the passenger seat cover, two side panels and you're done.

Dougald

Yeah, the air cooling on that Yamaha is the only thing putting me off. The air cooling on the 800cc Bonneville was hot enough at the lights.. in the summer it was filter or burn your leg off.

Sweet looking machine... also looks like you have to grow a proper beard

Beard? Check. Though you couldn't pay me to wear an open face helmet to show it off.

MotoGAF give me one good reason not to go buy the white Speed Triple R that's at the dealer 1.1 miles away.

It's too good?

White is the best colour and everyone else will have a white one?

Sorry.. I got nothing.

Fixed1979

That's crazy, my Streetfighter S battery takes like 10 minutes to get to (if that). Pull off the passenger seat cover, two side panels and you're done.

I once spent an entire afternoon trying to change the battery in my friends Sportster, of course it involved two people that aren't at all mechanically inclined and a couple runs to the tool store...it made me appreciate my triple that much more.

Watevaman

Stickers came today:

wp_20150311_15_04_54_pro_by_watevaman-d8lb0yo.jpg

wp_20150311_15_05_02_pro_by_watevaman-d8lb0ya.jpg

Dougald

You'll have to get a divorce then I'm afraid

Or hide it

Changed the oil on my Street yesterday, fairly painless. I managed to work out a way to get it on the paddock stand by myself (put the sidestand on a 2x4 I had to make it level enough), only to realize I had no way of getting it *off* until the wife came home without risking a Street Triple/CBR600F domino pile-up.

Went to a local MV Agusta dealer today, sadly they did not make me an offer I couldn't refuse. Just 7.3k for my rather well sorted M1100s ABS all bells/whistles included. He did mention that a better offer is possible if I order a new bike instead of trading it in for a sorta (2700km) used Brutale 920. Would have needed to put down another 3.5k (for the used MV). Didn't feel right considering the bikes are nearly equal in value.

Dougald

Honestly I hate the whole experience of buying or part exchanging from dealers, private is the way to go if you can. Unfortunately sometimes the market is just not there.

When I sell the Street I'm just going to auction it on eBay with a reserve of whatever the part ex quote I got was.

On the new bike they can give you a good rate and on the second hand they cannot. Well that is how it works in the UK.

If I take a year old bike compared to a new one then the rate is 4% compare to a used bike that is 9.9%.

Dealer would rather try and sell you a new bike as they can get the best rate on that.

Weird to be honest

Yeah, the thing is, I'm not looking forward to having random people coming in, wanting to take the bike for a test-ride either (when selling privately). That's one thing you're spared at least when choosing the dealer experience. Though good god, they are some low-balling bastards.

Second that... I had my bike stolen on a test ride in South Africa. I was selling my TZR250 (awesome) to upgrade to a KLR650 and the dude took my bike for a ride and just did not come back. Man I was super pissed.

Ah man, that sucks. Exactly the kind of anger it can take weeks to let go of. You don't violate a man's trust like that.

By the way, I love those stickers, Watevaman. Especially Donatello is a nice touch considering the color scheme :p.

Dougald

That's why whenever I've sold a bike I've specified full asking price in cash before any test riding. Heard too many horror stories.

Yeah, I would definitely do that.

Funny thing is that with all the used bikes I've ever tried, no one has ever asked me to do that. Guess I look trustworthy.

Flo_Evans

Kind of weird with the modern headlight. Still not a fan of rear tires on the front, can't imagine the turn in...

I do really like the photos though great style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXIkRD7QM-M

Did some helmet mount testing of my new gopro, I think I like the top mount. Kind of difficult to keep a consistent angle though, going to have to mark the mount or something.

Kind of weird with the modern headlight. Still not a fan of rear tires on the front, can't imagine the turn in...

I do really like the photos though great style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXIkRD7QM-M

Did some helmet mount testing of my new gopro, I think I like the top mount. Kind of difficult to keep a consistent angle though, going to have to mark the mount or something.

Have a look at the chin mount option... its out of vision and out of drag from what I can see

Damn that BMW looks gorgeous. Mmmm

I bought Kuryakyn iso longhorn shift pegs today and adjust my shift levers. I had a problem before where I couldn't use the heel shifter to go from 1 to 2nd because it would get stuck in neutral. I've just been too lazy to adjust but I got around to it today.

EtFwUYP.jpg

And I discovered the dude before me had an affinity for stripping bolts. The one for the front lever is completely stripped. Luckily I didn't need to adjust it.

So I am about to come into about 600 bucks of disposable cash and I want to do something. Its either a cam upgrade or some mini ape hangers. Opinions?

The bars I am thinking of are something like this, but maybe not quite as high...
vz0xs7Q.jpg

Pre hand guards

Y5UyJbf.jpg

2qjURMO.jpg

After install, and it does make quite a difference on wind blast on the motorway.

FK0RvZJ.jpg

UJNFrR7.jpg

3TV8UOJ.jpg

Hope you all can get out this weekend... the sun is out here in the UK.

IDK if I can do it on my arai.

c0WlQOt.jpg

My bro has a chest harness, I think that might be annoying to have to take off at stops though, I usually have a backpack when going on trips.

aaah yes that might be a problem. My helmet does not have a flat spot in the front so they mount the clip on the side and then extend it to the front with the front mount kit from gopro.

You last vid is awesome... just made me want to get out on the bike.

Gritesh

Thinking of selling or trading 2013 monster 1100 evo.

The stupid thing is I'm thinking of going to a 1200s

Other than the small cosmetic differences the main one is the engine offering more hp and longer intervals on major maintenance.

Waiting to hear back from my local dealer today on what they will give me for the 1100 but my wife says it's not worth it yet and to ride it another year and see what comes out.

I really liked the concept roadster that bmw showed off last year but it doesn't look like anything like that is going to make it into production.

I also like the brutale.

Ugh I should just ride and enjoy monster.

Thinking of selling or trading 2013 monster 1100 evo.

The stupid thing is I'm thinking of going to a 1200s

Other than the small cosmetic differences the main one is the engine offering more hp and longer intervals on major maintenance.

Waiting to hear back from my local dealer today on what they will give me for the 1100 but my wife says it's not worth it yet and to ride it another year and see what comes out.

I really liked the concept roadster that bmw showed off last year but it doesn't look like anything like that is going to make it into production.

I also like the brutale.

Ugh I should just ride and enjoy monster.

I feel ya.

Piggus

Got the 2015 PCX150 :D

t1Q47vK.jpg

It's sooooooo nice to ride. Very comfortable, stable, and has really nice acceleration compared to most scooters. Absolutely love it.

Unfortunately it started pissing down rain, so fun's over for now. :p

Looks that way for me too. Would be looking at a write off of over 50% otherwise, which is just ridiculous (7000 miles on the odo).

As we say in Dutch, 'geen straf' to ride this bike anyway:

8o8uzm.jpg

(Means 'not a punishment')

brought this bad boy back to life after it had been collecting dust in my parents' garage. my brother rode it drunk and put it down, but it turned out all it REALLY needed besides straightening the steering column was a new final drive belt and a new spark plug.

GjozUZ6.jpg

BAD ASS, MOTHERFUCKERS

Gritesh

received_1632279203657783_zps91xyxty0.jpeg

Spent yesterday changing the oil, changed the air filter, changed the headlight bulb for a pure white light and bathed her up good, and cleaned and polished it.

Contemplating doing a wrap on it in matte grey, not sure yet.

received_1632279203657783_zps91xyxty0.jpeg

Spent yesterday changing the oil, changed the air filter, changed the headlight bulb for a pure white light and bathed her up good, and cleaned and polished it.

Contemplating doing a wrap on it in matte grey, not sure yet.

Damn that looks good. That bulb change on the head light make a great update to the looks of the light.

2014 Triumph Street Triple R in Crystal White currently waiting for me at the dealer with a sold sign on it! Should have it later this week. How am I supposed to teach knowing that I have that waiting on me.

2014 Triumph Street Triple R in Crystal White currently waiting for me at the dealer with a sold sign on it! Should have it later this week. How am I supposed to teach knowing that I have that waiting on me.

I use a desktop photo to get the through the waiting period. Grats man... its going to be a fun ride

Top Bottom