• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2 wheel GAF UNITE!

That blue looks really nice. When can I stop by for a ride? ;P

Send me a message if you're ever in The Netherlands :D.

You all should btw, got enough bikes to go for a little ride, haha.

Always loved the outside brake disc on the Beull, just the mechanical aesthetic it gives.
And as the others have said, that blue is crazy nice.

Yeah, I particularly like the huge caliper on this bike. I think '09 bikes were the first ones to have that gargantuan ZTL2 caliper that the faster 1125 bikes had.

This is the same concept that BMW showed in there concept 100 series. I think this is going to be awesome. It looks like honda is ready to sell them and that is even more exciting.

Wow that is a very neat example. Even the seat looks like it not been sat on that much. I love the blue. Very nice

Thanks, maxhw. Yep, looks new in person as well. They didn't even ask that much for it, which makes me feel pretty good about the deal.

What do you guys think about this

https://youtu.be/VH60-R8MOKo

Makes you wonder what else it can do. Surely it's not just tech they're developing so you won't fall off at the lights.

Dougald

At least its more understandable than when Harley killed Buell because some exec allegedly just wanted to make changes for the sake of it to show he was doing something during the credit crunch

Now my neighbor and I have something else in common.

The club of owning "American Motorcycles made by dead manufacturers" isn't quite as big as British ones yet, but at least the Buell/Victory are considerably less likely to fall apart than an old Norton or Meriden Triumph.

nico1982

Speaking of Triumph...

The all new Street Triple 765
http://m.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/m...et-triple/2017/street-triple?sc_device=mobile

Starts at £8k for the S, then the R then the top spec RS which has 123PS (same as my 1200 BMW basically!)

The R also comes with a low ride height option.
I can't stand Triumph product segmentation. Really. I'm fine with the difference being suspensions and/or brakes between two models, but here we have: 3 different engines (via software), 3 different maps configuration, 2 kind of instrumentation and controls, a lowered variant only available for the middle model and so on. I'm inclined to think that this way they are actually losing both sales by confusing consumers AND margins with unoptimized logistics.

Dougald

Lovely headlights, lovely dash, lovely bike... Though I fear the Triumph Triple has lost its allure with me, 'too good' and all that. I must get a test ride on the new parallel twin though.

Getting itchy for the new season to start.. though I am losing weight to properly fit back into my summer leathers after Christmas. Spending hundreds of pounds on motorcycle gear is the best incentive to keep my weight down I ever had

At least its more understandable than when Harley killed Buell because some exec allegedly just wanted to make changes for the sake of it to show he was doing something during the credit crunch.

Such a damn shame :(. For all Harley Davidson's faults as a company, the Sportster heritage of that engine is what made those Buells really special in my opinion. It's awesome that Erik's still designing and building bikes. But those 180hp monsters he's working on aren't quite as interesting to me. It's also increasingly less where the money is. Makes me wonder whether they have plans to do something more akin to their old stuff now that it is (finally) more in vogue (sensible amounts of power in a useable form).

The club of owning "American Motorcycles made by dead manufacturers" isn't quite as big as British ones yet, but at least the Buell/Victory are considerably less likely to fall apart than an old Norton or Meriden Triumph.

Fingers crossed.

The weather is really mild here in the UK and I have been riding most days. This morning it was a nice sunny 8 degrees.

About 5 degrees here now, but still lots of salt on the road from a few days ago. Trouble is that each time there has been enough rain to clear it up, temps drop below zero again and the cycle begins anew.

Yes the salt is not great. I have ACF'ed the bike like mad and that seems to work great. Also makes the cleaning much easier. I am starting to miss leaning around the corners so summer needs to roll on.

In other news: apparently the dealer where I traded in my M2 Cyclone has already sold it, after only eight days, in January no less. Though their asking price was extremely low if you ask me (only 3490).

Kinda makes me wonder what would have happened had I tried to sell it myself...

I have ACF'ed the bike like mad and that seems to work great.

Maybe one day I should try that as well. Even if it doesn't work 100%, it might be worth it considering how much more riding time that means over the course of ones life. Three months of no riding each year kinda sucks, even though I hate to sacrifice a bike to road salts. Could also buy a true beater for that... but I don't need even more bikes.

That is low for a bike that was in very good condition. I think you could have gotten more as you are passionate about the bikes and anyone buying from someone that look after and knows the bike inside out would feel much more comfortable to take out more money. But hey its gone to a new home and hopefully the new owner will make it his own

Dougald

ACF-50 has never done me wrong, though I don't want to risk it with the Ducati! If it's good enough for the US Air Force, its good enough for me

That is low for a bike that was in very good condition. I think you could have gotten more as you are passionate about the bikes and anyone buying from someone that look after and knows the bike inside out would feel much more comfortable to take out more money. But hey its gone to a new home and hopefully the new owner will make it his own

Yeah, you're right. Didn't have to pay an arm and a leg for the new bike either, so it's good.

ACF-50 has never done me wrong, though I don't want to risk it with the Ducati! If it's good enough for the US Air Force, its good enough for me

Hah, you see? :D

I'm riding through winter with plenty of ACF50 cause I figure it costs me £200 a week to commute otherwise. Over 2-3 months a year x 3 years that's between £5200-7800 I would avoid spending on rail fares. I doubt the extra wear on the bike is going to cost more than that in resale value.

Still some mornings in the cold wet weather I have second thoughts.

Just bought my first motorcycle today, 2014 Honda CB300FA:

DLnLgOF.jpg

vLV95d4.jpg

Pretty stoked, took it for a ride and really enjoy it, the Yoshi pipe gives it a nice growl. It's getting the seat reupholstered as part of the sale and I pick it up Sunday after my licence exam. Has only done 3500kms and the paint is in absolute mint condition, all I need now is a helmet, jacket and gloves I guess.

Not quite as extravagant as many of your bikes, but it's a start haha. My state limits your bike to under 660cc for the first 2 years of your licence, so I have plenty of time to look for an upgrade if I crave one soon.

Hey man, welcome. Good of you to join us :D.

Was just going to ask you what year the bike was, but I see it's 2014. Which is nice! (Cause the '15 and '16 models apparently have recalls for a crankshaft related issue.)

Good luck on your exam Sunday. And good to have a bike waiting for you after.

Hey man, welcome. Good of you to join us :D.

Was just going to ask you what year the bike was, but I see it's 2014. Which is nice! (Cause the '15 and '16 models apparently have recalls for a crankshaft related issue.)

Good luck on your exam Sunday. And good to have a bike waiting for you after.

Cheers man, I'll let you guys know how it goes :)

@RhynoTheStrike Nice machine for the first bike. It looks in very good nic and that can should sound very nice. Enjoy the bike keep it safe for the first load of miles till you used to how it operates.

Welcome and many happy miles

Dougald

That is a great looking ride, I love the 300cc naked bikes that have been coming out the last few years. I'm sure she'll give you many happy miles

So it was dry for a bit yesterday after it had rained for a day or two, so I felt confident enough to move the Ulysses to my dad's garage (where we can remove the rear wheel and change the rear tire - cords are showing). It was so so good to be back on a bike, even if it was for just 30 minutes. Oh man... the Uly is glorious. I hope that bike will last me forever.

Stevey

Started the Firebolt up on Sunday to warm it through, but it was raining so had to have it sort of half in the garage, half out so it didn't get wet.
Girlfriend was complaining that all the ornaments and shit in the living room were shaking about V:
God bless the Micron exhaust :p

It hit 50F/10C here yesterday which is bonkers for middle of January in Maine. Saw some guys out riding and had a little twinge... but there is just inches of salt on the road and so I'm leaving everything in maintenance mode.

Time to go hunt down luggage bargains to balm my nerves...

OraleeWey

So, it's not just me. I also had to take out my bike as the weather was a nice 70F (21c). I went for a ride, brought her home and cleaned her up! I have to take her back though (to my dad's garage, lives 35 minutes away), which I will in an hour or two as there's a lot of traffic at this time.

DLnLgOF.jpg

vLV95d4.jpg

Pretty stoked, took it for a ride and really enjoy it, the Yoshi pipe gives it a nice growl. It's getting the seat reupholstered as part of the sale and I pick it up Sunday after my licence exam. Has only done 3500kms and the paint is in absolute mint condition, all I need now is a helmet, jacket and gloves I guess.

Not quite as extravagant as many of your bikes, but it's a start haha. My state limits your bike to under 660cc for the first 2 years of your licence, so I have plenty of time to look for an upgrade if I crave one soon.

Stunning bike! I've only been riding for less than a year and my bike isn't all that fast either. You'll have plenty of fun!

OraleeWey

Fun's over now though. Snow and other shit for the next three days and below freezing temperatures for 10 days after.

Back to wistfully staring out the window.

I'm still good on temperature. Wont go below 32F or 0C for the next week. It will be rainy though. I just wanted to get one last ride, it was very warm today for the time of season. I also got to give my bike a nice good clean.

DLnLgOF.jpg

vLV95d4.jpg

Nice one! Welcome to the club.

Also don't skimp on shoes/boots btw. Something with good ankle protection.

Dougald

Mulling a little trip to the alps this summer... How much would I regret riding from England to Switzerland on a Ducati Monster?

Sounds pretty great. I haven't been able to convince my friends to attempt a trip of that size just yet. Not that likely to happen this year either as one of them is becoming a father in spring.

DLnLgOF.jpg

vLV95d4.jpg

welcome to the addiction!

Dougald

Sounds pretty great. I haven't been able to convince my friends to attempt a trip of that size just yet. Not that likely to happen this year either as one of them is becoming a father in spring.

Well I'll believe it when I see it. I'm now at an age where trying to lock anyone down for anything is a complex web of scheduling conflicts and family commitments

Watevaman

Man, over the past few months, 3 separate people have asked to use my GS500 crash video in their compilations. These dudes have thousands of views. I should start charging them money haha.

Well I'll believe it when I see it. I'm now at an age where trying to lock anyone down for anything is a complex web of scheduling conflicts and family commitments

I hear that.

Well, I certainly don't mean to impose, but if either your friends can't make it, or wouldn't be opposed to the idea of a (near) total stranger joining up, I would certainly be interested in at least trying to figure something out. Just a thought though.

Dougald

I hear that.

Well, I certainly don't mean to impose, but if either your friends can't make it, or wouldn't be opposed to the idea of a (near) total stranger joining up, I would certainly be interested in at least trying to figure something out. Just a thought though.

I was thinking the same thing, we could easily meet up somewhere en-route!

Top Bottom